Any Alcohol ??

debpet

Hi Everyone, my question is does anyone here still drink alcohol and if so what or has everyone given it up, Thanks, Debra x:flirt2:

After induction I allowed myself 1 glass of white wine on a Friday night. Didn't really feel like more luckily!

I drink dry red and G&T debra, I drank most Friday nights on induction with no harm, well to weight loss anyway, I was a cheap drunk then :D just remember to factor in the carbs for that day

I've noticed that white spirits (vodka, gin, rum etc) have zero carbs and diet tonic is zero carbs as well. Does that mean I can have 10 of them?

I've been on induction for a day over 2 weeks and not touched a drop of alcohol and I'm tempted to have G&T. You think I'd be safe?? And does it knock you out of ketosis as its zero carbs?

I've noticed that white spirits (vodka, gin, rum etc) have zero carbs and diet tonic is zero carbs as well. Does that mean I can have 10 of them?

except, as Vicky says in another post, your body will burn alcohol befoe fat love

I've been on induction for a day over 2 weeks and not touched a drop of alcohol and I'm tempted to have G&T. You think I'd be safe?? And does it knock you out of ketosis as its zero carbs?

My fave drinks are white wine and vodka and diet coke (not all in the same glass!). I have a drink or two in the evenings some days and I haven't noticed any difference in my weight loss and it hasn't knocked me out of ketosis. So I'm sure a G&T (as long as its slimline tonic) will be fine. If you fancy a treat and it keeps you on the straight and narrow, why not? Better than a slice of cake! :D

My fave drinks are white wine and vodka and diet coke (not all in the same glass!). I have a drink or two in the evenings some days and I haven't noticed any difference in my weight loss and it hasn't knocked me out of ketosis. So I'm sure a G&T (as long as its slimline tonic) will be fine. If you fancy a treat and it keeps you on the straight and narrow, why not? Better than a slice of cake! :D

Very true indeed, so if you use acohol first then i'm right in thinking there are about 56 calories in a slimline G&T so ten of them is 560 (i'm well good at maths!) calories. 1 Bag of pork crunch are near that so if i don't have 1 bag of them then this will equal out???

If you have 10 G&Ts you're like to have the pork crunch too, or chips, and a kebab!
It doesn't work like that unfortunately. If you eat the pork crunch it will be used up as energy because you've eaten fat. Alcohol had no nutritional value and although technically no carbs it does have sugar. Your body will be using that first so you'll be burning off alcohol and not fat.
You'll also have a hangover from hell if you've been on Atkins a while so will crave carbs the next day.
I have spent months taking one for the team by researching this fact and my personal conclusion is alcohol stalls me (actually I gain, lots!) just like cheese stalls some :D

Im the same as Lisa - if i dont drink i lose Lots!!!!! shame i like drink too much lol. given up fags cant bring myself to give up alcohol.

Very true indeed, so if you use acohol first then i'm right in thinking there are about 56 calories in a slimline G&T so ten of them is 560 (i'm well good at maths!) calories. 1 Bag of pork crunch are near that so if i don't have 1 bag of them then this will equal out???

Why are we talking calories here?

Back