any CD to Atkins success stories out there??

Sarah_V

Silver Member
Hi All,

I have done really well on CD over the last 13 weeks and have enjoyed losing so quickly... My problem at the moment is I just cannot seem to get back into the packs... I had a blip and feel like I have lost my mojo!!!

I am seriously thinking of doing Atkins from now until Christmas and seeing what the losses are like. The Atkins forum is very quiet and wondered what you wise people thought.

Plus can I still come on here as I love you guys and would miss you terrbily if i wasn't allowed :eek:

Any advice gratefully recieved x

First of all, I demand that you still come on the hour by hour thread, no matter what diet you do! You'd be sorely missed there if you stopped!

Secondly, there have been a couple of people on here looking to switch to Atkins/low carbing. Saraian was one of them but she hasn't been around lately. All I can say is, yes, I think that low carbing is the best way forward from CD, to maintain your losses and continue to lose. You need to aim for no more than 20g of carbs daily for weight loss.

Try and find the thread Sara started as other people did post on it.
Good luck,
Frances

Thanks frances, you always have such great advice.

I will definately still come on here, couldn't get by without you guys now :)

i, like a few others, switched to atkins (well low carb) a few months ago. i think alot of us found we plateaued (sp) quite quickly.
its a great way to maintain your loss after CD but not for a good loss week after week.
do it until xmas and you can lose a good few lbs in week 1 then maybe 1-2 lbs a week after that.
good luck x

Thanks Cambridge, I feel completely CD'd out, i have loved it and really want to get my spark back, but it just isn't there at the moment.. maybe a break is what i need..

Thanks again xx

hi sarah, good luck in whatever you do hunn.xx

Thanks Susan xxx

I have been thinking about Atkins post CD in the New Year - so good luck, will be interested in your progress :)

I'll keep posting on here Snowbaby, I will also post on the Atkins thread to see if that drums up any interest... it sure is quiet over there lol... Maybe we can buddy up in the New Year :)

Hi Sarah, sorry to hear you are giving up CD, you've done so brilliantly! Atkins is great, i've been a huge fan of the Atkins diet and low carb eating in general, for me though I never managed great losses on it only managed to maintain my weight after losing some post baby weight, that was 5 yrs ago and have low carb ever since and maintained quite nicely until started CD in Sept. I will definitely be looking to eating this way when maintaining but for me CD was the only way to lose.
Have you been on SS this last 13 weeks? Have you thought about maybe doing a higher cal plan? the 810 or 1000 that way you can still lose a bit but have some food too, just an idea?

Good luck with whatever you choose Sarah and please don't stop coming on here, we'd miss you!

xx

I think low carbs in general seem to work and its definitely an option :)

Back