Any former SW's now doing ProPoints?

Caroline1980

I'd really appreciate advice from anyone who used to do SW and is now doing Propoints. I did WW years ago on the old points and got to goal, but I really struggled to maintain it as I found I was always hungry. This was why I chose SW this time around, so I could eat 'unlimited' :rolleyes:.
Thing is, I'm finding my loses inconsistent - I seem to maintain every other week - even though I'm sticking to the plan. It is probably all in my mind, cos I have still lost half a stone, but I'd rather lose a pound a week every week than lose two, maintain, lose two IYKWIM.
I'm thinking of trying the new Propoints plan as I feel it will give me the best of both worlds - focus on healthy, basic foods, with zero points fruit and veg to snack on if I'm hungry. But I also feel like I'd benefit from the portion control.
How have people found PP compares to SW? Are the losses more consistent? Is it easier? I'd appreciate any feedback!

Sorry for the long post!!

Hey there!! I'm an ex sw'er, and been on PP for about 7 weeks. To be honest please ignore my losses they're due to my own crap motivation, and not a true reflection of the plan.

PP is like a 'best of both worlds' plan in my eyes. It not incorporates SW ideals of unlimited fruit and veg, and encouraging the use of lean proteins and wholegrain etc, whilst still reigning in portion size and teaching about eating a little bit of what you love.

To be honest I think I'm a true SW'er at heart and am hoping once ive lost the weight through PP I can go back to SW to maintain, as I do see it as an easier 'forever plan', but once my head is in the right place, I know PP will be a sensible, healthy, long term weight loss tool!'

Good luck with whatever you decide!!

:)

Hi Caroline

I joined propoints last Friday after doing sw for 5 weeks and last year sw for a month. I have gone from 14.1 to 13.8 maintained over Christmas and from 13.8 to 12.11. I want to get to about 10 stone and although I was doing well with sw I was really interested to try this plan as other family and friends are following it too. Plus the handy app for my iPhone helps ;o) I think sw is very much a cooks diet and although I love to cook with 2 children and work I don't always get time.

Wi for me is friday so I hope that my weight loss continues!

Hi

I used to do sw in 2009, moved to ww late last year - have found that my weight loss when i am on plan is better with ww. SW really fitted in with my lifestyle, the foods etc as i could feed the whole family whilst still staying on plan, however i'm one of these people who doesn't know when they're full and just eats and eats. I moved to ww to get myself some portion control.

I still cook and eat the same foods i did on SW, i just find that to fit in with WW points i have to eat a lot less of the things like pasta and potatoes and have much more veg... which to be honest is a much healthier way of living.

Good luck - let me know how you get on x

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think with me it's all in my mind - having done WW before I feel better for having a limit each day, it makes me feel more in control. I won't lie, I do like the thought of being able to sneak in the odd ready meal and pre-packaged item as well!
I also feel I have been put off SW by having inconsistent losses each week. On the old points plan I would always lose if I stuck to it each week, and I think I was looking for the same reassurances about this new plan. There is a WW meeting near here tonight, so I think I will go along, give it a few weeks and take it from there.

I still cook and eat the same foods i did on SW, i just find that to fit in with WW points i have to eat a lot less of the things like pasta and potatoes and have much more veg... which to be honest is a much healthier way of living.

Rkmriddell, thanks for that. I feel the same, I don't think the type of food I eat will change greatly, mainly my portions will be smaller. I do find with SW I can get into the habit of eating somethings for the sake of it, especially with HEXs, I might end up having an extra slice of bread, or milk or cheese that I don't really want just to use them up cos I can.

Rkmriddell, thanks for that. I feel the same, I don't think the type of food I eat will change greatly, mainly my portions will be smaller. I do find with SW I can get into the habit of eating somethings for the sake of it, especially with HEXs, I might end up having an extra slice of bread, or milk or cheese that I don't really want just to use them up cos I can.

Yeah i was like that too... had weetabix every morning just for the sake of it because i don't drink tea so otherwise wouldn't use the milk etc. And i used to eat muller lights like they were going out of fashion - just because i could :eek: i've definitely been better with ww and am now am into the lowest weight i got to :D:D

I remember when i first started ww i did a bolognaise - which would have been completely free on sw - i'd have a plate full. I did my portion on ww which was less than half of my "normal" sw portion and it was something like 15 of the 22 points i was allowed (on old points system). That meant i was eating more than my days' points just on my tea when i was on sw :eek:

x

I too am an ex SW, loved the plan and great for maintaining but I'm no good at portion control so WW is the best of both worlds.....free fruit and veg but controlled on everything else.
I do eat same sort of eve meals but do have a sarnie for lunch as working full time now and eve's are a rush so want something quick and easy to prep and WW fits in so well.

Good luck
xx

strangely, I also loss weight on SW every ohter week ??I have been much more consistent having to changd to ww last November.

I love pp, especially the 49 points weekly allowance, which I use on a Saturday night for wine and treats, I'm sure if I'd have had on SW I would have STS that week.

Only downfall is how many points in pasta, I could cry each time I work out the points !!

i also did sw on and off for years loved the fact that pasta rice and bkd potato was free always had a good weight loss the first 2 weeks then either sts or put on couldnt believe when i joined ww how little pasta and rice you got 4 points but i must say weight coming off steadily and imm really enjoying the diet esp with the weekly allowance good luck

Hi - I was doing SW last year. I had done WW and lost quite well before but like you was always hungry and lost motivation. However I never really lost anything much with SW. I started WW ProPoints 3 weeks ago and have lost 4.5. That's probably as much as I lost in 6 months of going to SW! I'm really liking ProPoints. I feel a lot more in control, especially with the weekly points. With SW and old WW I would try and save points for the weekend but it would all go out of thw window and I wouldn't track what I was eating/drinking because I knew I had blown it. With the 49 I am tracking at the weekend and staying in control. Also I am only 5 foot nothing. I think TBH SW just gives me the option of eating too much (it wasn't the first time I had tried it and got nowhere fast)

Back