Any got hypothyroidism/under active thyroid?

bit2lose37

I've recently started Slimmimg world and I'm really loving the food. First weigh in is tonight and I'm not expecting big losses but a loss is a loss

I've stuck with original days as when I've tried green or ee days I start to gain weight rapidly. I'm wondering if anyone else have found this problem with under active thyroid. Not sure if not having a gall bladder makes a difference either

I am.
I've not tried staying on any 1 plan, I am kind of trying to confuse my body into letting me lose weight. I stick to mostly EE though, with occasional original and green days thrown in.
I average 1-1.5lbs per week no matter how much exercise Ive done which annoys and upset me when I saw my best friend losing 7-8lbs in a week when she'd been eating crap and doing nothing.
I have to work very hard for my losses which also annoys me, I've even gone to the length of getting my dr to blood test me to check my hormone levels! all came back normal, and her advice was "eat less, do more" yeah. helpful thanks lol.

I have had an undersctive thyroid for 12 years now.
In the last 16 months I have lost 5 stone very very slowly. only about 1 or 2lb a week on good weeks. You can lose the weight with an underactive thyroid if your medication is well balenced but it will take you slightly longer than 'normal' people.
Keep going you will get there in the end.

Yeah I had mine taken out after a tumour 15 years ago, there are quite a lot of us on here with thyroid probs. :) Provided your meds are up to date and your bloods normal theres no reason it should have any massive effect on your weight loss, you can still do it :)

I had my first week and stuck to plan 5-7 syns loads of super free food and I've lost 2.5lbs. Not a massive amount but I'm a size 12 anyway so guess it wasn't going to be big losses.

I shall see how I go week by week but I'm expecting slow losses just hope I keep losing really. As my body does like to gain :-(

That's not slow, especially for a size 12! :eek: :faint2: Its more than I lose in an average week and Im nearly 19 stone :confused: Woo congrats! :clap:

ermintrude said:
That's not slow, especially for a size 12! :eek: :faint2: Its more than I lose in an average week and Im nearly 19 stone :confused: Woo congrats! :clap:

So far I've stuck to plan just same as last week and the scales are going up slightly I'll go to class anyway as they can see the way my body works. It may have lost 2.5 last week but it wants it back this week lol. Ha ha.

I've done red all week today I'm going to do a green day and have a jacket potatoe with beans and salad for tea. Fingers crossed about the scales

Back