any help appreciated

JustForMe

Gold Member
i know youve probally been asked this a million times before but how does the diet actually work and whats the normal cost etc?

any help appreciated:)

Hi, I am afraid I have to make this short as I need to get ready for work, but very briefly, it is a VERY low calorie diet - 550 calories a day provided in 4 packs of either soup, or shakes and after week one, one of the packs can be a bar if you like, and there is now a porridge pack, but that is since I finished the diet, I don;t know how often its allowed.

Because you remove food completely from the picture you focus on your empotional issues with food in the counseling sessions using CBT (Cognitave Behaviour THerapy) and TA (Transactional ANalysis).

Because you are not eating traditional food you go into ketosis which removes physical hunger, making it easy to get by on so few calories.

Its a miracle diet if you ask me. Worthe every single penny.

www.lighterlife.com has more info.

Hope that helps a wee bit.

The normal cost is £66 a week.

In addition to what Blonde Longic put I would add that the diet works in two ways:

(1) calorie restriction; and

(2) carbohydrate restriction.

1. By only consuming 500 - 550 cals per day your body will be in calorie DEFICIT by around 1500 cals per day (possibly more depending on your build) -- mathematically this simply HAS to lead to weight loss.

2. CARB restriction -- each of the sachets (soups, shakes and porridge) has approx 12.5 grams of carbs. One bar per day is allowed although the bars contain 25 grams of carbs.

Therefore 4 x soups/shakes per day = 50 grams of carbs per day .... 3 sachets and 1 bar = 62.5 grams of carbs.

The average human body will be in ketosis as long as carbs are kept below 70 grams of carbs per day.

The low carb content makes your body go into KETOSIS which is a process whereby the liver starts to breakdown your old fat cells to produce glucose for you to use as energy -- because you are no longer feeding your body enough carbs for energy.

When in ketosis a by-product is produced (ketones) which are excreted in the urine.

At the weekly Lighter Life meetings you have to pee on a stick (Ketostix) to check for the presence of ketones to check that you ARE in ketosis and therefore that your body is in FAT BURNING mode !!!

(The stick will turn pink if ketones are present.)

Ketostix can also be bought at Boots and other places if you want to check for yourself.

In addition the Lighter Life plan offers counselling, support and group meetings.

Hi, I am afraid I have to make this short as I need to get ready for work, but very briefly, it is a VERY low calorie diet - 550 calories a day provided in 4 packs of either soup, or shakes and after week one, one of the packs can be a bar if you like, and there is now a porridge pack, but that is since I finished the diet, I don;t know how often its allowed.

Because you remove food completely from the picture you focus on your empotional issues with food in the counseling sessions using CBT (Cognitave Behaviour THerapy) and TA (Transactional ANalysis).

Because you are not eating traditional food you go into ketosis which removes physical hunger, making it easy to get by on so few calories.

Its a miracle diet if you ask me. Worthe every single penny.

www.lighterlife.com has more info.

Hope that helps a wee bit.

What a lovely succinct summary of the diet, couldn't have said it better myself.

If you follow Lighter Life properly you will lose weight! In the 15 weeks I have been on it I have lost 4 stone 10 lbs.

I highly recommend this plan. The first week getting into ketosis can be hard for some but once through this it's a lot easier.

Back