2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
6 rashers of smoked bacon cut into strips
225g mushrooms, sliced
200mL passata
400mL chopped tomatoes
1Tbsp tomato puree (1syn)
1Tbsp sweetener

Method

Add Fry Light to an oven-proof pan and cook the bacon until crisp, remove and set aside, add the celery, carrot, peppers, onion & garlic to the pan, cook until soft, return the bacon to the pan

Add the tomatoes, oregano and passata, place the stock pot contents on top of the ingredients, cover with a lid, bring to the boil, add sweetener, then reduce the heat to a simmer for 30 mins, and then add puree.
Add the mushrooms and simmer for 10 mins.
Serve with pasta.

I use a recipe given to me by an Italian friend for a really simple one, fry garlic gently as much as you fancy, a tin of tomato puree/, tin of chopped tomatoes/jar of passata, any good herbs you fancy I use oregano, basil, thyme, cook down and throw in fresh or that frozen basil.
Now you have the base thats great just run through pasta and served with salad.

But then sometimes I make a bacon and mushroom pasta, just fry lean bacon and mushrooms. Add the sauce ingredients as described in order after the bacon is cooked.

I also do a ham and courgette mix. Just add your superfree in the form of a green salad of incorporate in the sauce.
Good sauces tend to be the simple ones. I also use passata the glass jars as they are good quality and give a smoother sauce than the tinned toms. Just replace.

Also on my blog is a veggie pasta sauce and pasta bake thats yummy.
GIVEN TO DISTRACTING OTHERS: Homemade Pasta sauce and Pasta Bake.

If you fancy something creamy cook some Bacon onions and then run through some Philli. Or if you have a few sins to play with use white wine and ww creme fraiche and some cheese. Yummy

Here's my favourite, meatballs and spaghetti. I used quorn Italian meatballs but you could use meat if you prefer:

Free on extra easy

Quorn Italian meatballs
1 red onion sliced
1 yellow pepper cut in to small strips
Basil
1 red chilli finely chopped
1 tspn oregano
400g chopped tomatoes
2 cloves garlic crushed
1tbspn Parmesan (1.5 syns)
Wholemeal spaghetti

Dry fry the garlic, chilli, oregano, onion and chopped basil stalks until the onions are softened, add the tomatoes and simmer on low heat for a couple of mins. In the meantime cook the spaghetti in salted water. Place the meatballs in a microwave container, cover with cling film, pierce in a couple of places and microwave on full power for 2 minutes.

Let the meatballs rest for 1 minute then add to the sauce and simmer for a couple more minutes. Drain the spaghetti then add the meatballs and sauce, stir through and serve with a scattering of basil leaves and the parmesan. Delish ???

And tomato puree is now FREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

when did they decide that Jen? That is amazing.. not that I have ever been synning it anyway as I din't see the point!!

i made a spicy chicken pasta last night really easy and yummy.
boil some pasta i used penne. Spray a pan with fry light and fry some onions, mushrooms, chicken, garlic, and chilli. add a tub of passata and season. add the cooked pasta and mix together.

if you want add some philli for a creamy finish

it was yummy!!!

I rustled one up lastnight just using:
- Passatta
- Garlic
- Chilli
- Red Onion
- Peppers
- Sweetcorn
- Chicken Breast Pieces

I fried off the onions and chicken breast in FryLight, then added the carton of passatta, garlic and chopped chilli. Let the mixture bubble, then stir in the peppers and sweetcorn. To serve, simply stir into pasta.

It was to die for :drool: and free! xx

If you have the hexA to spare, grated Parmesan stirred in towards the end if cooking gives a lovely flavour :)

rachie21 said:
i made a spicy chicken pasta last night really easy and yummy.
boil some pasta i used penne. Spray a pan with fry light and fry some onions, mushrooms, chicken, garlic, and chilli. add a tub of passata and season. add the cooked pasta and mix together.

if you want add some philli for a creamy finish

it was yummy!!!

Thanks so much we made this we both loved it

I read that puree was free on good old minimins, asked my consultant and she said yes it was

frylight a finely chopped small onion, a finely chopped pepper and some garlic. Add half a tub of passata and heat through. Stir in 100g of Philly extra light.
Pour over pasta - serves two people for no syns and half a hEA each. Yum

Back