Any moderators out there?!

LV30

Gold Member
Hi
Can you please tell me why the thread: LV - was moved? I don't understand why?
Many thanks
Lynne

pmsl... yeah.
i did find it, eventually.
honestly, i think they just do what they like - when they like. If they were consistent I wouldn't mind as much...

how are you doing today?

Lx

pmsl... yeah.
honestly, i think they just do what they like - when they like. If they were consistent I wouldn't mind as much...

how are you doing today?

Lx

lol yeah it hate it when things get moved, i just tend to look in the subscribed threads section now its easier to find something you've posted in before that way! i'm doing good today, thank you for asking! i've had one shake and will have another around 4 hours b4 tonight's weigh-in, i always get paranoid that i'm going to weigh more at weigh in unless i have a shake early enough to not weigh heavier!! hoping for another 2lbs at least tonight but i think it'll only be the minimum 2lbs due to my losses slowing down, that's if i'm lucky mind you!

Oh, so you are weighing today! Good luck!! You are doing really really well. It's hard when we are nearing goal, it definitely does slow up and it can be disheartening. My first goal is 11stone... but i will need to lose a little more (i will still be overweight!), but i go by how i feel - numbers have never really been important (shame really, when I was pushing 16 stone, i should have been very very bothered!!).

I really want to progress up ALL the steps this time... and not just give up halfway through!

Let us know how you get on later.

Lx

Oh, so you are weighing today! Good luck!! You are doing really really well. It's hard when we are nearing goal, it definitely does slow up and it can be disheartening. My first goal is 11stone... but i will need to lose a little more (i will still be overweight!), but i go by how i feel - numbers have never really been important (shame really, when I was pushing 16 stone, i should have been very very bothered!!).

I really want to progress up ALL the steps this time... and not just give up halfway through!

Let us know how you get on later.

Lx

thanks! it is hard getting nearer the goal but i just went to primark this lunchtime and tried on a size 10 dress and it was too loose for me!! alright it was a stretchy material but i cant believe i've just had to buy a size 8 dress! its giving me a lot of motivation to stick solely to SS this week and not have any eggs or chicken. only prob is i've got a BBQ this sunday so i'll have to have something but as long as its meat based i should be fine for next week's weigh in (i hope!)

will try and get on internet tonight to update but if i cant get access up my mams it'll be first thing tomorrow! :)

ps just noticed your stats on your info, it says 0st 11lb to lose, how brill is that?? 0st in the stones bit!!

LV30 said:
pmsl... yeah.

how are you doing today?

Lx

If you spot a thread in the wrong place and it should be moved do feel free to flag it up. It's not a case of being inconsistent but there are only a couple of moderators for thecwhole site. Realistically we can't see every thread so some get missed :( A number of threads in the wrong area get flagged up by other members to us basically if all threads were just left where theyre posted, regardless of if its the right place it would make the sub forums redundant. The sub forums are there to make things easier - honestly :)

We most certainly don't just do 'what we like when we like'. If a thread s in the wrong section and it's reported/highlighted or seen then it gets moved. Simple as that :)

I would suggest if you have any further complaints perhaps pm ing might be more appropriate

Last edited:
Maybe you could tell us where they've been moved to, when they've been moved. I didn't bother to PM...you could have PMed me also...
Lynne

thanks! it is hard getting nearer the goal but i just went to primark this lunchtime and tried on a size 10 dress and it was too loose for me!! alright it was a stretchy material but i cant believe i've just had to buy a size 8 dress! its giving me a lot of motivation to stick solely to SS this week and not have any eggs or chicken. only prob is i've got a BBQ this sunday so i'll have to have something but as long as its meat based i should be fine for next week's weigh in (i hope!)

will try and get on internet tonight to update but if i cant get access up my mams it'll be first thing tomorrow! :)

ps just noticed your stats on your info, it says 0st 11lb to lose, how brill is that?? 0st in the stones bit!!

LOL yeah - no stones.

You must have been chuffed with that dress - omygod - i think i might have wept! lol If i were you, i'd think i stick to lettuce on that bbq... why spoil it now?! Mind you a little bit of chicken isn't going to do much harm... mind you, if I was wearing size 8 clothes, i wouldn't care about not eating!! yippeeee!!!

You'll be too busy showing of your new figure to eat anyway!!

Lx

LOL yeah - no stones.

You must have been chuffed with that dress - omygod - i think i might have wept! lol If i were you, i'd think i stick to lettuce on that bbq... why spoil it now?! Mind you a little bit of chicken isn't going to do much harm... mind you, if I was wearing size 8 clothes, i wouldn't care about not eating!! yippeeee!!!

You'll be too busy showing of your new figure to eat anyway!!

Lx

lol dont think i've ever had lettuce in my life - its an alien to me! green stuff, yuk! haha! i'll defo keep on the straight and narrow in the bbq though, bit of chicken will be my lot i think, plus i'll take a tetra with me to enjoy in the sun :) dont want to spoil my hard work! Plus i've got my last weigh in b4 hols next tues so need the result to be the best it can before the lbs come back on after my week away!! eek!

oh it's all very exciting!!! i bet this time has flown for you - you've done amazing. You should be really proud of yourself!! I bet you can't wait for that holiday now!

There's normally a link left from the original if it wasn't this time it was an oversight. As you weren't the OP of the thread though you wouldn't have been informed anyway. Peoplecare usually only pmd if a thread is deleted. With the number of threads which are moved daily we don't have time to pm everyone

Do feel free to pm any moderator if you have any questions or complaints it's really more appropriate than starting a thread questioning things

another telling off ;) lol

I dont know if that was directed at the mods or at tge members.

Eitherway there is no telling off.

Members have a right to ask why we do things, or why it appears we are inconsistant.

And we have a right to reply to explain.

The thread was only moved because it was deemed that another section was more relivant.

Sometimes its really hard to figure out which section is best because its almost like asking how long a piece of string is.

You will bounce the idea around that it should be in another section but then you might ponder its just as relivant in a general section.

This would partially explain the inconsistency.

As starlight has said, typically we leave what is called an expiring redirect for a day or 2 so people know its moved. This time for whatever reason their was no redirect or it expired.

However the easiest way to find threads on MiniMins is by using the subscribed threads feature. By default you are subscribed to every thread you start or participate on, with the choice of subscribing to any thread you want.

Considering there are about 5000 posts, and 200 new threads everyday this makes subscribed threads the only viable way to follow threads as they can quickly be washed off the first thread listings page with other threads very quickly.

As I said there was no telling off, mods and myself are always here(usually quite busy, but we try to make time for everybody) to answer questions you may have.

Pierce

Starlight said:
It's not a blooming telling off. It's explaining how the forum works.

How the hell is it a telling off :mad:

Maybe once you've been here slightly longer you'll appreciate how it works!!!!!

Lv30 even said she can see the point once it was explained

I'm not creeping, but I think moderators in this site do an excellent job, tech support very good at sorting requests. This thread isn't the place for this discussion I agree, but putting my view across anyway ! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hello LV30! I lost 1lb last night, bit disappointed as she took my measurements too and i've only lost 3.25 inches this month compared with bigger losses on other months. i know its coz i'm nearer my goal but i still felt a bit down because I've got the hols coming up and I had hoped to be towards the 9st mark whereas i'm still in the high 9s at the mo. I'm going to stick strictly to SS this week, no eggs at all (apart from bbq this wkend but will stick to small amount of meat to limit naughtyness!) and up my water intake so hopefully i'll have a decent loss next week to get me ready for hols!!

Oh, don't be sad. We know that there is no rhyme or reason why some weeks we lose 4lbs (yay!!) and others a 1lb - we don't do anything different, it's just our bodies being temperamental!

Just think how far you've come, and that dress!! Go out lunchtime and try on some more clothes (maybe even buy some!), cheer yourself up!! I'll make a pact with you - I'll down my 2 litres of water at my desk - before hometime - and everything else i drink (coffees, etc) is a fab bonus. I've been a bit slack doing that lately. You try to drink some more (not sure how much you drink already). I really want to lose 3lbs next week... come on - let's go for it!! lol

But, now this will make you laugh - my best friend nearly wee-d herself when i told her... i'm nearly 41... and i think i may be on the change. As if my moods weren't bad enough already!! I'm going to have to hide the knives in my house. And my poor other half won't be able to run because he's got a really bad leg (came of his motorbike) so really he's a sitting target. Poor thing. I'm trying my hardest to be nice to him. It's not happening.

AND! I've opened up a right can of worms RE: the moderators... oops!! lol I'll have to be careful... can they ban people from the forums?! I'll be lost if they do... lol

Lxx

Back