Any moderators out there?!

Dear moderators... and everyone else!

I just asked a question... i thought it was a valid question. I think you'll agree that there are some topics on here that are not stricly 100% cd... for instance, people cheating and talking about having planned cheat days, and chocolate, etc... Now i think they are very harmful to people who could really be struggling with CD... the last thing they need to read is about people cheating and still losing weight! Not v. helfpul. But these threads hang around. The other day we were talking about eggs... and we were told that this was a strictly for 100% CD... hold on, we are allowed eggs! I thought that was bizarre. And i know you cover all the diets on Minimims, but i you must agree, you can't be experts on all of them. And that was a prime example.

And the comment about "point taken" was that I really wanted this to end!! lol I think that was taken the wrong way!

Also, i didn't make the comment about a telling off. Someone else did. But i do think that the response was a tiny bit ott, tbh.

I do agree that you do a great job, but i just think the reaction here was a little bit puzzling.

And also by saying - Maybe once you've been here slightly longer you'll appreciate how it works!!!!! Is a very unhelpful thing to say... and very pompous too. If it wasn't for new people coming and going, this forum wouldn't be great, would it? We need new people!!

There i've said it.

Lynne

Oh, don't be sad. We know that there is no rhyme or reason why some weeks we lose 4lbs (yay!!) and others a 1lb - we don't do anything different, it's just our bodies being temperamental!

Just think how far you've come, and that dress!! Go out lunchtime and try on some more clothes (maybe even buy some!), cheer yourself up!! I'll make a pact with you - I'll down my 2 litres of water at my desk - before hometime - and everything else i drink (coffees, etc) is a fab bonus. I've been a bit slack doing that lately. You try to drink some more (not sure how much you drink already). I really want to lose 3lbs next week... come on - let's go for it!! lol

But, now this will make you laugh - my best friend nearly wee-d herself when i told her... i'm nearly 41... and i think i may be on the change. As if my moods weren't bad enough already!! I'm going to have to hide the knives in my house. And my poor other half won't be able to run because he's got a really bad leg (came of his motorbike) so really he's a sitting target. Poor thing. I'm trying my hardest to be nice to him. It's not happening.

AND! I've opened up a right can of worms RE: the moderators... oops!! lol I'll have to be careful... can they ban people from the forums?! I'll be lost if they do... lol

Lxx

lol!! that cheered me up!! i'll defo join the drinking pact (shame its not vodka!!) i'm on my first 750ml bottle today, will aim to drink 4 in work so that'll be 3 litres then more in the house to take me up to 4 litres for today. if i have that every day til next week i'll hopefully see a difference! i was looking at my losses over the weeks today and I do tend to have a 1lb loss every 4 weeks or thereabouts so I'm hoping that I'll have a much better loss next week now after my little blip!!

p.s. i'm sure you won't get banned!!

Oh, right, so there's a pattern emerging... so what's after a 1lb loss... let's see... either a 2lb or a 4lb. I'm going to guess that's it's going to be 3lb... because it's going to be random (i hope it's more! lol ;))

I'm on my third pint of fizzy water... i'm well on the way to my target.

Also, i'm going to keep a low profile... lol ssssshhhh.

Lx

Oh, right, so there's a pattern emerging... so what's after a 1lb loss... let's see... either a 2lb or a 4lb. I'm going to guess that's it's going to be 3lb... because it's going to be random (i hope it's more! lol ;))

I'm on my third pint of fizzy water... i'm well on the way to my target.

Also, i'm going to keep a low profile... lol ssssshhhh.

Lx

yea i'm hoping for at least a 2lbs loss this time!! will drown myself in water! you're very good on your third pint already, i'm just starting my 2nd 750ml bottle so that'll take me to 1.5 litres when that's gone :)

Well, after my fourth visit to the loo this morning... honestly!! It can't be doing our bladders any good - surely! lol

I have a little mantra when i'm on the loo: I'm weeing away the fat... wee it away...wee the fat away...wee wee wee.

I say it in my head - not out loud... (i hope).

Yeah, unhinged is the word to describe me today.

Lx

Dear moderators... and everyone else!

I just asked a question... i thought it was a valid question. I think you'll agree that there are some topics on here that are not stricly 100% cd... for instance, people cheating and talking about having planned cheat days, and chocolate, etc... Now i think they are very harmful to people who could really be struggling with CD... the last thing they need to read is about people cheating and still losing weight! Not v. helfpul. But these threads hang around. The other day we were talking about eggs... and we were told that this was a strictly for 100% CD... hold on, we are allowed eggs! I thought that was bizarre. And i know you cover all the diets on Minimims, but i you must agree, you can't be experts on all of them. And that was a prime example.

And the comment about "point taken" was that I really wanted this to end!! lol I think that was taken the wrong way!

Also, i didn't make the comment about a telling off. Someone else did. But i do think that the response was a tiny bit ott, tbh.

I do agree that you do a great job, but i just think the reaction here was a little bit puzzling.

And also by saying - Maybe once you've been here slightly longer you'll appreciate how it works!!!!! Is a very unhelpful thing to say... and very pompous too. If it wasn't for new people coming and going, this forum wouldn't be great, would it? We need new people!!

There i've said it.

Lynne

The threads about chocolate etc were in the MAIN forum, thats allowed. Its only the 100% forum where food talk isnt allowed, food talk IS allowed in the main forum. Like it or not people will have off days and they need to be able to talk about these things on here. Thats exactly why we do have the 100% section, its like a wee haven where you can go and know you wont have any food references to deal with.

You know I thought the fact you said point taken was an indication that the matter was ended too :) I took it with that you were quite happy with the explanation and I hoped that was it.

I seriously object to being called pompous, thats just rude. And I stand by what I said, the comment made was un necessary and considering the member who posted has been on the site a week then perhaps they dont appreciate how it works. Or why there are sub forums. Im not for a second saying we dont need new members, course we do the forum would die without them but I think it was downright rude for a new member to make the comment they did.

I dont think people appreciate the amount of time we spend on here doing Moderator stuff. People regularly report threads or PM us to ask us to move threads so we do, I was more than happy to explain that. For someone then to put a sarky comment about it being a telling off was not only un necessary but it wasnt the case. There was no way anything was a telling off - believe me, if it had been - youd have known ;)
Quite honestly on here a lot of the time we cant do right for doing wrong.

And yes, we can ban members ;)

I think this thread has run its course, there was a question asked, its been answered and the OP is (relatively ;) ) happy with the explanation given,

Last edited:
Back