Any news from SOTY

On the pink site it says a guy called Adam won.
I want to know what the "news" is. It says CDC's will find out on Monday.... I cant wit that long.

Oh that's a shame Bev.

Well done to the mystery Adam!

xx

Never mind Bev, I'm sure your guy had a great day.

I need to know this exciting news... come on anyone????

he had lost a minimum of 15 stone, he was a great fella, spoke to him before the swards and told him he would win. On his first weigh in they put his weight as 30 stone plus because the scales only went to that. He looks amazing now... and totally deserved to win x

Brilliant, good on him - well done Adam :)

Oooo can't wait to see pics!

Ruddy well done Adam, but well done to everyone who entered, and in fact who have made such a difference to their lives in 2008. :clap:

Ruddy well done Adam, but well done to everyone who entered, and in fact who have made such a difference to their lives in 2008. :clap:

I'll second that DQ! :happy096:

he was so down to earth, after he said ' i wernt gonna stay for the meal and evening, i guess i better had now!' lol

yup, he did seem like a real nice guy, didn't get to talk to him though because I left right after the conference:(
but he really deserved to win, like a lot of the other semi-finalists for that matter.
And I can confirm- Sharon won Maintainer of the Year:)

I'm still playing catch-up here after not long getting back from the Conference - but thanks everyone for your lovely messages about my award :)

This year's SOTY competition had a record number of entrants and I lost count of how many semi-finalists there were! It was narrowed down to 6 finalists - each of whose stories were read out, and each of whom would have deserved to win. Of course there can only be one winner and that was a guy called Adam. He'd lost over 15 stone and, on speaking to him afterwards, didn't believe he could win as "guys never win the SOTY award do they?!" How wrong he was!

In fact, when his name was announced as the winner he got a unanimous standing ovation and gave a really amusing interview when he accepted his award too :D

Well done Sharon on your award, you look great, it was great meeting you and for our interesting chat about 2am this morning about you know what. Say no more.

Well done Sharon on your award, you look great, it was great meeting you and for our interesting chat about 2am this morning about you know what. Say no more.

Thanks Claudia :)

And you know the old saying: what goes on tour, stays .... ;)

Back