Any nurses or Drs or asthma suffers?

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
Well my drs has a stupid system where they don't book appointments more then a week an advance and its now almost impossible to get an appointment. They told me my asthma was back, gave me an inhaler but never actually gave me any advice,
Well my inhaler has run out and my chest is tight and i'm wheezy.

Just wondering if anyone knows any tricks to ease the tightness?
Icelollies were helping but i've eaten so many i now have tummy ache.

Any ideas?

Have you tried phoning NHS Direct??

run a hot bath and see if the steam help, but if it persists i would find a phone and call nhs 24 or head to your nearest a+e dept

Sod a+e! Get an ambulance out if it's really tight, they have nebulisers as standard kit and you wouldn't be sitting around waiting to be triaged and if you were treated at home and had sufficient relief they could discharge you without having to take you in, if you're no better you've got professional help all the way, they'd much rather deal with genuine patients than drunk teenagers believe me!
My husband is on the ambulances and said this is exactly what my brother should have done instead of having to travel 12 miles to the out of hours service.

Hey ladies, thanks for the advice. I'm still breathing (just) called the doctors first thing to be told i couldn't have an emergency appointment although i could have one for next monday, wow thats helpful. But i can go pick up a new prescription after 5pm. So i have a day of not moving to much or too fast, and trying to get excited.

Back