any one know a nice butternut squash recipe syn free

There are quite a few recipes on here that use squash - if you do a search using the button towards the top right of the board you will find some good ideas.

Also check out BritMum's website as she has several butternut recipes listed

Slimming Eats

I've been on here a few months now. How on earth did I not know about BritMums website!!

I've just been on there and wow; so many more ideas for food again now.

Sorry, nothing to do with Butternut Squash at all, but I've had a few of those recipes from this site so was shocked I didn't know.

Jacqui

I had BNS tonight, in a ricotta and pumpkin canneloni. free on green + HB (the ricotta) and optional HA (parmesan).

Other good recipes include BNS risotto, lovely with fresh herbs if you have some.

Or how about pasta tossed with lots of roasted BNS cubes, optional B of chopped smoked bacon and feta (A)

Half a BNS can be split open and roasted slowly, whilst you make a 'filling' to be served in the 'bowl' - try leeks and cheddar (A or B), or mushrooms, garlic and something creamy (quark / fromage frais etc)

had the soup

hi, had the soup was fab, potato onion garlic butternut squash and carrot, loved it

Not a recipe as such, but pop some BNS in a beef stew/casserole and it makes a lovely meal. Or use the 'bowl' to fill with curry, instead of rice on a Red day, or a bolognaise with cheese grated on top. I also have BNS with a roast dinner, instead of potatoes on a Red day.

marks and spencers do a lovely butternut squash and goats cheese lasagne which i was thinking of making a version of-has a layer or mashed cooked butternut squash, layer of spinach with the goats cheese (HE) and a layer of tomato sauce

marks and spencers do a lovely butternut squash and goats cheese lasagne which i was thinking of making a version of-has a layer or mashed cooked butternut squash, layer of spinach with the goats cheese (HE) and a layer of tomato sauce

Sounds like a great idea. Will certainly try this :D

I make a vegi lasagne with layers of (sliced, roasted) BNS, garlic mushrooms and spinach. Very yummy and no tomatoes in this one ;) Parmesan (HE)

Back