Any other sloooow starters?

Ju1979

Hi all,

I've been doing SW for two weeks now, and have been browsing the forums and you all seem such a supportive bunch of peeps, I could do with a pep talk myself now!

The first week I lost a pound - I was a bit disappointed, especially as a lot of the others in my group had lost between 2 and 5.5 pounds! The consultant had a look at my diary and said I was eating all the right things, but to up my syns from 5 to 10 a day - I thought: Can do! :rolleyes: So, having weighed in tonight I've only lost another half a pound (and the scales dithered about that for a good few seconds too... ) I didn't stay for the group thingy - had to be back home to watch Man U with my boyfriend!

Sooo, I'm sticking with the diet (I'm really enjoying following it and am determined to lose weight) but just wanted to know if anyone else is having or has had such a slow start?

Also, I've read that a lot of ladies don't lose much when its their TOTM - I'm on the pill - does anyone find that the TOTM still has an effect on weight loss? (sorry if TMI :))

Thanks for reading :)

Ju

Hiya,
A few weeks ago i stayed the same for 2 weeks, i wasnt using all my syns and to be honest i was getting fed up, so the night of my weigh in i ate a bag of maltesers and thought ill start again tomorrow. Also i wasnt using up my HE's either.
I included all my HE's and maxed out on my syns from 5 to 10 and i lost 5 1/2lb!
I nearly fell off the scales.
Last week i put on half a pound because it was my *week and i was holding alot of fluid.
This week now i have had 3 red days which believe you me is a act of god!! because ive got a thing about meat (meatphobe), long story involving school dinners pmsl! so i am hoping for a good loss....but id be happy with a 1lb loss to be honest.....much better than a gain! and thats why you need to stay focused because when your body realises your not starving yourself you will notice a steady loss

Chin up and let us know how you do.
Ruthy xxx

Hi Honey

I actually put on during my TOTM, and although I am off the pill now found that the pill made me retain more water. I lost quite a bit at first but have now slowed right down as well, but I figure I am not starving myself and am eating loads, it will come off eventually! :) and when it comes off slow it tends to stay off as well.

Keep at it honey!!
xx

I definitely started off slow. I was hitting about a pound loss every 10 days or so, so sometimes my weekly weigh-in at home showed nothing. I took up running at the same time so did wonder if it was fat converting to muscle & weighing more etc. I was disappointed not to be losing more. But now it seems to have kicked into second gear- last week lost 2 lb & weighed yesterday & already lost another 1lb. I have done green days only from the start (hubby is vegetarian & we eat the same food). So yes for me there was a slow start but it has now speeded up a bit!! And today someone said I'd lost "loads of weight" - it was my first real comment from someone in work!! I was happy all day :)

Thanks guys, good to know I'm not the only one who's been in this boat :) I've only managed to do one red day so far, I really struggle with them like you, Ruthie!

Still, a loss is better than a gain, and I'm hoping it will be more likely to stay off if I lose more slowly! I've been trying to drink more water too, I find I forget to drink, especially when I'm at work.

I'll keep you posted on how I do :)

Oh, and we won the footie, things are looking up :D

Ju

I find that if I have green days, it definitely makes me retain water... So I have upped my plan to 4 red days to 3 green days! I also have my gree days after my weigh in and the red before....
Might seem silly to some but the lasses are important to me and this seeems to be working....

I have heard a few people say they have a couple of slow weeks at the beginning then have several really heavy losses!

Anne x

Back