Any quitters?

thanks so much :)

I have quit before and I know that I can do it...but I need to first of all give myself the push to quit, you know how the build up to something can be worse than the actual event itself? That's how I get with it, this sounds so pathetic but anyone who has smoked will understand it's a literal fear, fear of not having a cig in the morning or when work gets stressful etc. It's horrible to be that weak willed that a burning white stick has so much power especially when I would consider myself to be a strong enough person in every other area of my life :(

xx

thanks so much :)

... It's horrible to be that weak willed that a burning white stick has so much power especially when I would consider myself to be a strong enough person in every other area of my life :(

xx

That reminds me of the day that I decided to stop smoking and beat the hold that nicotine had over me. It was the last week of term, and lunchtime (or, more acurately, my ciggy time). Rain was coming down in sheets. There was thunder and lightening - the full works. Anyone who has recently experienced primary school lunchtimes will appreciate that wet playtime / thunder & lightening / end of term all have a chaotic effect on things, so all three together was creating pandemonium. So - did I act responsibly and stick around to help the poor old dinner ladies. Did I hell!! I got absolutely drenched running to my car (through the flooded carpark), drove round the corner from the school. Had a ciggie. Then drove back and got drenched again getting from my car to the school building.

When I got back, soaking wet, and with loads of pupil problems to sort out (but habit and addiction soothed) I thought about it rationally and was quite dismayed about the hold those white sticks had over me. I resolved then to dedicate the 1st week of the school summer hols to kicking the habit and stopping that madness.

Keep with it. I won't wish you luck; that won't help you. I'm sending a bit of extra strong determination your way for when it gets tough instead xx

I was reading your reply and nodding with everything you said lol...that's me down to a T. I have to stop talking about it and do it so...I've just smoked my last and not buying anymore, will make a new post in the off topic.
Thanks again everyone
xx

Back