any tall ladies??

NettyJ

Hi there, i am 5ft 10 and am now 13st 9 (after being 15.12 starting on cambridge) howwever, I am just wondering if any other tall ladies out there have set a realistic goal . I mentioned to my cdc that i wanted to lose another stone and 3lbs but she said I should only need to lose 7lbs as i look quite slim now. Im a 16 in trousers but a 14 in jeans. I would liek to be smaller but i dont want to go too far if you know what i mean. !

Hey
I wouldn't call myself particularly tall but I'm 5ft7 and my goal is 10st7lbs. I might feel great at a higher weight than this, but when I get to a healthy BMI, I will reassess my goal x

I'm 5'8" and people are always shocked at how much I actually weigh, I wear a size 18 at the mo and my goal is to be a size 12 .... but people say 'you look dug up' when you are thinner (how nice, not!) so it is really hard to be 'ideal'.
I'd say that do what YOU feel confortable with, are you happy with your weight, are you happy with your clothes size.
Not really much help I know, but just wanted to add support and congratulate you on your losses.

thank u guys. i feel happy at 12 stone 7. i havent been 12 stone 7 for a very long time, but i remember feeling great at this size. but i have had a few people say to me now, dont lose much more and my brother said im starting to look 'gaunt' in the face. i dont want to ! i want to look healthy!
thank you for comments on the weight loss, week 9 weigh in tonight and then cdc is away for 2 weeks!

Hey Netty! I'm 5ft11 and am aiming for 14 stone, which I hope will make me a size 16 on the bottom half (I'm bottom heavy...excuse the pun ;) hehe!), so it's reassuring to see that you are fitting into that size at 13,9. Go to wherever feels comfortable for you, I don't believe in all that BMI rubbish and will stop when I feel happy with my dress size and what I see in the mirror :) good luck with the rest of your journey hun!

I'm 5ft 9 and to be honest really have no idea what to set my goal at! I'm aiming for 12 stone, the top end of my healthy BMI, but once I'm there or nearly there, I'll just see how I'm feeling. Whether I feel that I am where I should be. If that's 12st 7, fine. If it's 11st, I'll carry on too!

I'm going to go see my nurse when I'm home next week and speak to her about it all now that I'm off CD. Going to see if there are any ways they can help. And talk to her about how to set those goals. I think that body fat percentage is probably a better thing to go on! My gym offers a session for £10 where they tell you...
Body fat % and fat mass
Lean mass % and lean body mass
Total weight
Body water % and total water mass

They will work out your Basel metabolic rate (BMR), what your average daily calorie requirement is, your BMI and work out what your recommended ranges are.

So I think I might do that!

Hey Netty! I'm 5ft11 and am aiming for 14 stone, which I hope will make me a size 16 on the bottom half (I'm bottom heavy...excuse the pun ;) hehe!), so it's reassuring to see that you are fitting into that size at 13,9. Go to wherever feels comfortable for you, I don't believe in all that BMI rubbish and will stop when I feel happy with my dress size and what I see in the mirror :) good luck with the rest of your journey hun!

thanks all for your comments.!
blondee, yes a size 16 is now a bit big for me so Im sure you getting to 14st will enable you to fit !
i know im tall but 13 stone 9 still sounds a lot ! il see how much i lose tnight, have done ok this week and let you all know then !

Hey Netty, I'm 6'1 so yeah that's tall, and at my weight right now (which is huuuuge) I'm a 16-18. I am very dense and at my goal weight, I'm a 10-12. So it really depends on your morphology I think.

I am 5'11 started CD at 20.1 Ib I now weigh 12.11 and am about a size 14, was going to quit at 12.10 BUT having now got almost here i would like to go a bit lower

bloody MODERN technology!!!!!!!! i wondered why my BMI was so flippin high Lol:) How do i change it??? I cant seem to find the way to do it!!!

Last edited:
That made a huge difference to your BMI info!!!

i'm 5 10 and 13 stone now and in a size 12 top and a 14 bottom. my goal is just within the healthy weight range, but only just. i am pretty happy now but its a mental thing to see that healthy number on the scales will mean so much. i would love to be a 10 all over but i think that would look silly as i am bottom heavy and i would start to look gaunt if i lost too much.

LOVE being tall! but i hate the fact that i am still so heavy!

:jelous: Gosh, you're exactly at the weight i wanna be!! bzzzz, well guess i'll just keep at it :sigh:

Do you know what???.....that sounds really weird to me, for someone to WANT to be the same weight as me is still a really hard thing to get my head round!!:D

You will be here in no time at all, its took me since january but i am now getting to where i want to be, only another 11 pound woo hoo

I'm 5'11" and started at 15st 12lbs too. At the moment I am 13.5 and aiming for 12 stones - although I think I am still around a size 16. If I get down to 12.7 (when I get to 12.7 ;)) I will review it and see if 12 stones is realistic. I can remember being that weight but that was a few years ago and I'd rather be half a stone heavier than look too haggard now I'm a bit older.
Still can't envisage being a size 14 though!!

hi there.i'm 6ft and wouldn't want to be any less than about 13 and a half stone.i look too slim being any lighter.i was a size 10 and still weighed 12 stone so guess i'm gonna be heavy whatever my size.nothing worse than seeing a tall girl who's very skinny x

Back