Any tips for staying at target??

woowoo83

After just over a year of SW I've finally managed to get to target, I'm so happy about it but also a bit scared. Losing weight is second nature to me now but I've never had to maintain my weight before. I don't really know where to start or how to go about it without slipping back into old habits! Any tips gratefully received!

Hi Woo Woo, First of all Congratulations!!!!! I know in group consultant tells member who have reached goal to increase their healthy extras rather than their syns.

Do you go to group? If so, you should get a book for target members. You start by having one more healthy extra a day to see how you go, steadily increasing until you maintain.
Don't forget, you won't stay the same weight each week as the body naturally fluctuates.

***Congratulations!!***

I do go to group but haven't been given a book, I'll ask my consultant about it next week. I'll try with the healthy extras, it's so tempting to just think 'great, not on a diet anymore now get me the cake'!! But will try to stay focused.

The book is called Slim for Life. You should have been given some advice re healthy extras during Image Therapy!!
Have a look on the SW website too, there's some info on there.

Hello woo woo and well done on reaching target! I was very much like you when I reached target! Was so worried of how to maintain, after lowering my target 4 times I finally settled into my rhythm and stopped losing! Like you I had focused on losing so much through my journey it was very hard to get my head around it all. I think everyone is different and at target you can't be expected to stay spot on the number you are on the scales, this is why SW give you the 3 pound either way of your target, just experiment with what's best for you and you'll soon know what you can do, I most often have an extra b choice a day and this keeps me on track! Good luck to you on your maintaining future!! Xx

Yes like everyone says they recommend increasing your healthy extras rather that be a little syner! I am always at the lowest band of my target as thats where I like to be and feel comfy. I actually am continuing as I was before and find I no longer lose. Must be where my body feels best. It would be tempting to say whey hey come on bring it on, but then you would be where you were before and you know that so well done.You will find what works best for you, and congratulations on reaching target! :)

Thanks so much for all the advice, I'll try and stick to eating as I did before then and just see how I go, definitely don't want to be back where I was so as tempting as it is I'll keep my syns pretty much as I do now.

well done an amazing achievement,

I must admit, contrary to everyone else on here :break_diet:

that I am a synner rather than a hexer, I enjoy what I want to eat if I want to eat it but get back on the plan afterwards, I've been at target since March now and loving it xx

Hi kerryathome, everyone is different and maintaining target isnt an exact science is it? To be honest in the early days I was up and down like a cork in a bottle, but seemed to stabilise now! Occasionally I do dip below target band, then just have a little extra and that soon brings it up again. Dont want to start paying again do we? ha ha :)

well done an amazing achievement,

I must admit, contrary to everyone else on here :break_diet:

that I am a synner rather than a hexer, I enjoy what I want to eat if I want to eat it but get back on the plan afterwards, I've been at target since March now and loving it xx

I don't think you should be :break_diet: at all hun you are maintaining and should be proud!

thanks girls, I'm very proud :)

have lost 2 pound this week so onlyhalf a ound off my actual target woo hoo!

I have to say I'm the same as Kerry, I didn't plan it but I've maintained over the year by having extra treats when I want them which has made me gain a bit then sticking to plan to loose those few lbs then something else has come up and I've gained again or managed a maintain with the extra syns. I'd love to try a week of maintaining by having extra HEX but I'm also happy with how I've stayed in target so far

Back