Any tips for the soups?

slinkybride2be

Silver Member
Struggled a bit with my tomato one last night and could only eat half due to the thick consistency? Also I hand whisked it and found there was still quite a few pasty lumps in there which put me off big time! Would it be better with my electric whisk? Thinking of having veg or Thai chicken Hmmmm......

I add garlic and chilli powder to mine. I use a hand whisk but whisk for a good 30 secs or so to ensure No lumps.

I make my soups up to 500ml I actually think all the soups are yummy apart from the tomato one but then I don't like tomato sauces!

Well just had the veg one and it was Yummmmmyyyyy! Made it up to 400ml and added a little pepper so thanks ladies! Couldn't manage it all again though :( so have put the rest in a cup for later- will it be ok to drink that at around 9pm or is that too late to be eating?! xx

14stoneto9stoneplease said:
Well just had the veg one and it was Yummmmmyyyyy! Made it up to 400ml and added a little pepper so thanks ladies! Couldn't manage it all again though :( so have put the rest in a cup for later- will it be ok to drink that at around 9pm or is that too late to be eating?! xx

Your body doesn't take into account what time it is! As long as it's before you go to sleep it's fine.

Fab thanks! Common sense I suppose it's just I always remember people saying to me oh you shouldn't eat after 8pm as you won't burn it off!!

If that was the case I'd be screwed lol. O don't have my first pack til the evening

If you can't manage a whole soup (really?? Lol) you need to split your packs. You need to have the packs within 15/20 mins of making them

I've only had shakes and bars, but fancy trying the soups to satisfy my savoury cravings, anyone know if I'll be able to use my shaker to mix them? Btw, is this a really stupid question? Lol

I've only had shakes and bars, but fancy trying the soups to satisfy my savoury cravings, anyone know if I'll be able to use my shaker to mix them? Btw, is this a really stupid question? Lol

Noooo dont ever use your shaker with hot water or youll be washing soup of the walls and ceilings

Oo, and starlight, is it ok to have all the packs in the evenings then? Would make my life easier! X

I always do, I regularly have my first pack around 1930/2000 then have the rest over the evening. The only time I have one early in the day is if Im early shift.

Starlight said:
If that was the case I'd be screwed lol. O don't have my first pack til the evening

If you can't manage a whole soup (really?? Lol) you need to split your packs. You need to have the packs within 15/20 mins of making them

I know Lol! I think it's because of the huge increase in water my body is currently trying to adjust to! But I did manage alot more tonight than last night. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to eat the lot and if not I will split my packs, thankyou :)

I add fresh chopped corriander and chilli flakes to the Thi Chicken .... it so so good if you like it a bit more spicer x

Skinniminx said:
I add fresh chopped corriander and chilli flakes to the Thi Chicken .... it so so good if you like it a bit more spicer x

Got Thai chicken tonight do may have to add a bit of that thanks! As a few people have mentioned it is quite bland. Veg is my fav so far- not looking forward to
Mushroom!

I honestly think the mushroom is the worst ... I have added curry powder which isn't too bad. Also fresh basil and touch of italian seasoning to the tomatoe one. Hope you enjoy xx

I've just eaten a Thai Chicken one.... and enjoyed it o_O What is wrong with me? The first day it made me want to actually throw up. Now i quite like it!

Glad you like it ... I think at first we're expecting it to taste like "normal" soup and as our taste buds change and we are not having our "usual" food our taste buds are adapting to what we are eating! Chicken is my fav of them all x

I added curry powder to the tomato and basil soup............surprisingly good :D

What about a few splashes of Tabasco Pepper sauce to spice the soup up a bit.

BF

Back