Any Undereaters doing SW?

MrsF16

Ok, so this will sound strange but half of my issue with food is I don't have an appetite. I can go from breakfast through till 8-9pm and not feel hungry.... Theoretically I should be a size 0 and seriously underweight, but because I dont have an appetite as such I eat quick to grab food (crisps, biccies, kids pack up stuff!) or takeaway.....

I am starting SW again to get myself back into a routine with food, making sure I plan everything I eat (and eat it!) and of course to lose weight!

Just wondered if anyone else was the same as me? Or if I'm just a freak! Lol

xx

Last edited:
oh my goodness you have just described me! I don't eat anywhere near enough and really struggling to get on the plan. I don't eat breakfast as I get the kids ready for school then I'm in work and I'm busy as soon as I walk through the door. I have a cup of tea at about 11am and thats the first thing I have. I then have lunch at about noon which is usually a sandwich or a jacket potatoe, sometimes I don't eat all of it as I'm busy at work. I then finish work at 5pm, get the kids from school and I usually eat again between 7pm-9pm. I try to eat a healthy meal which is usually meat, rice/pasta/potatoe and veg. And i need to lose 6 stone!

Since I had my little girl 4 and a half weeks ago I am like that. I find looking after her and my 3 yr old takes up all my time and I'm missing breakfast and lunch.

I hardly ate last week and only lost 0.5 lbs so I made sure I ate breakfast and lunch this week even if it was just fruit and yoghurt for lunch and I lost 4lbs..

I think undereating is just as much a learned habit as overeating and like all habits it can be broken. You need to make a conscious effort to eat at regular intervals whether you feel hungry or not. it will be an effort in the beginning but gradually it will become second nature as you replace the bad habit with a food habit.

I keep reading this thread title as 'Any undertakers doing SW' :eek::eek::eek:

oh my goodness you have just described me! I don't eat anywhere near enough and really struggling to get on the plan. I don't eat breakfast as I get the kids ready for school then I'm in work and I'm busy as soon as I walk through the door. I have a cup of tea at about 11am and thats the first thing I have. I then have lunch at about noon which is usually a sandwich or a jacket potatoe, sometimes I don't eat all of it as I'm busy at work. I then finish work at 5pm, get the kids from school and I usually eat again between 7pm-9pm. I try to eat a healthy meal which is usually meat, rice/pasta/potatoe and veg. And i need to lose 6 stone!
Could you try having a couple of Alpen Light bars on the way to school/work maybe if you dont have time to sit and eat?

I used to be the same! The hardest thing for me when I started SW was making myself eat breakfast and lunch! But it only took a couple of weeks and I suddenly realised I was waking up hungry!

Yup, took a fair while to get used to eating more than once a day! Now I'm pretty good though...

So far today I've eaten 2 Weetabix, an apple, a couple of grapes (pinched form someone in the office) Muller light yoghurt, Uncle Bens Express Rice (2 syns) and a Hi Fi bar. I've also used 250mls milk allowance, and had to take my other HexA as milk because me without tea isn't a nice thing to see!! lol

I actually feel stuffed and still need to eat an orange and a jacket potato with beans later AND something to top up my syns......

My usual food intake by now would have been a bowl of cornflakes and maybe a bag of crisps!!

The only thing that keeps me going is I know it works :)

Last edited:
I am the same, but I will never eat breakfast, this is out of the question. Whenever I tried to do so, first I am miserable while forcing food in the morning, and nauseated and totally hating it, and than, 2 hours later I am absolutely ravenous.. And after that in another 2 hours and so on all through the day.. 2 weeks on this and I was 12 lbs heavier, is horrible.. Whatever healthy solution are out there I will find a way around the breakfast for me..

Oh and unfortunately, even if you don't snack on one single bite of anything the whole day, you can still end up gaining weight.. Only with a regular (not diet) dinner.. :(

I am the same. I don't eat enough each day, but when I do it's likely to be unhealthy. I also hate breakfast because I feel nauseous first thing in the morning. However, with SW I hope to eat only fresh and healthy foods.

It is learned behaviour and can be overcome. By having breakfast you are literally "breaking the fast". It gives your metabolism a kickstart and yes, you may feel hungry a few hours later but that is not a bad thing - merely a sign that your body is burning calories. This is a good sign! If you do not eat breakfast then your metabolism will be lower and you will burn fewer calories over the course of the day.

I can't remeber ever eating breakfast, I mean I'm sure when I was a kid I was forced to. I can't eat until I have been up for at least 2 hours, otherwise I feel sick. I would like to change this as I know it will kick start my metabolism. Through the week when I'm at work I have nothing till lunch time at about 1.15. On a weekend I generally grab a cereal bar a couple of hours after getting up.
I do eat lunch & tea though which is an improvement cos only used to eat one meal a day.

Back