Any volunteers to be my SW Mentor?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Lynn8124, 6 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    Hello everyone. :wavey: I reckon I've been on about 3/4 of this site looking for a plan I can stick to!:rolleyes: I have been thinking of SW for a while but was put off by some people saying it was complicated to get into and not being able to get a lift to class every week.

Is there anyone here who thinks they'd be able to help me get to grips with the rules on here so I can do SW from home? I have none of the books and have no ebay account now (boo hiss boo :().

Red days are better for diabetics I heard due to less carbs? Was reading some people's food diaries and the stickies to get meal ideas but am none the wiser lol.:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    I might actually try to get to SW meeting on Tues. Will have to butter Dad up for a lift lol and the later one clashes with my OA meeting, I think a meeting will be good for me though I am uncomfortable in a crowded room, I can just front it out I suppose.

4. Claire1981

Claire1981 Is so very nearly there!

Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What do you need to know hun..... I think all info is on stickys here?
    x

5. JoJosing

JoJosing Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(30.15%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I will try to help you if you like.

If you can go to class and get the starter pack that would probably be good and they will run through an explanation for you and any other new people.

This is the only plan I have ever done, and it works for me so hopefully it will be ok for you.

6. jezebel

jezebel Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    if i can be of any help just ask x

7. dehli

dehli Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(10.47%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I think its one of the easiest 'diets' once you get used to it, there's far less counting and weighing things. If you can at least go to one meeting you will get all the info and the starter pack, if you're not going again it may be worth buying a book containing all the 'syns' and maybe some recipe books to get you started. Then you can just come on here and ask any questions!

8. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    cheers all xx.

9. poppyowner

poppyowner Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Lyn
    I am also a Diabetic and I do only Red days as that is what my nurse suggested (shame I used to love my Green days!).
    I post my menus nightly (see Poppyowner menu) so please feel free to post or just read those - I have a lot of weight to lose - about 7 - 8 stones in effect so will be around for a long time yet.
    My email addy is [email protected] if you want a private natter / advice etc or MSN me on same addy.
    Take care, good luck

Jill

10. Lynn8124

Lynn8124 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    seefood
    Aw bless ya Jill, very kind. Yeah too many carbs leave me bloated and tired though i love 'em, that's what got me fat in first place lol.

I have bid on a starter pack on Ebay but it doesn't end til another 6 days so hopefully I can start soon.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.