Any volunteers to be my SW Mentor?

Lynn8124

Gold Member
Hello everyone. :wavey: I reckon I've been on about 3/4 of this site looking for a plan I can stick to!:rolleyes: I have been thinking of SW for a while but was put off by some people saying it was complicated to get into and not being able to get a lift to class every week.

Is there anyone here who thinks they'd be able to help me get to grips with the rules on here so I can do SW from home? I have none of the books and have no ebay account now (boo hiss boo :().

Red days are better for diabetics I heard due to less carbs? Was reading some people's food diaries and the stickies to get meal ideas but am none the wiser lol.:confused:

I might actually try to get to SW meeting on Tues. Will have to butter Dad up for a lift lol and the later one clashes with my OA meeting, I think a meeting will be good for me though I am uncomfortable in a crowded room, I can just front it out I suppose.

What do you need to know hun..... I think all info is on stickys here?
x

I will try to help you if you like.

If you can go to class and get the starter pack that would probably be good and they will run through an explanation for you and any other new people.

This is the only plan I have ever done, and it works for me so hopefully it will be ok for you.

I think its one of the easiest 'diets' once you get used to it, there's far less counting and weighing things. If you can at least go to one meeting you will get all the info and the starter pack, if you're not going again it may be worth buying a book containing all the 'syns' and maybe some recipe books to get you started. Then you can just come on here and ask any questions!

Hi Lyn
I am also a Diabetic and I do only Red days as that is what my nurse suggested (shame I used to love my Green days!).
I post my menus nightly (see Poppyowner menu) so please feel free to post or just read those - I have a lot of weight to lose - about 7 - 8 stones in effect so will be around for a long time yet.
My email addy is [email protected] if you want a private natter / advice etc or MSN me on same addy.
Take care, good luck

Jill

Hi Lyn
I am also a Diabetic and I do only Red days as that is what my nurse suggested (shame I used to love my Green days!).
I post my menus nightly (see Poppyowner menu) so please feel free to post or just read those - I have a lot of weight to lose - about 7 - 8 stones in effect so will be around for a long time yet.
My email addy is Expose Email if you want a private natter / advice etc or MSN me on same addy.
Take care, good luck

Jill

Aw bless ya Jill, very kind. Yeah too many carbs leave me bloated and tired though i love 'em, that's what got me fat in first place lol.

I have bid on a starter pack on Ebay but it doesn't end til another 6 days so hopefully I can start soon.

Back