anybody like me?

vicmilotom1

Hello all

If you look at my profile you can see that I am rather large lol. Just wondered if anybody started a similar weight and what helped you loose the weight? Or anybody have any tips suggestions for me?

The main reasons why Im loosing weight

• Hopefully to help me conceive after suffering 2 horrific MC'S last year
  • To be more healthy
  • To feel like I have more energy
  • To make my family proud of me :)

Much loves xx

Hi!

I havent lost a huge amount of weight, but I started at 20 stone last march. I lost 2 stone last year with weight watchers and calorie counting (took a whole year to lose that much!) and almost half a stone on Slimming World since the end of feb.
I find SW the best plan I have ever been on. It feels natural and I have never lost so fast!

I am so sorry to hear about your MC xxxx

Hi there and welcome, i didnt start at your weight but at my heaviest i was 17st3lbs and for my height thats a lot. After starting and stopping sw 4 different times and doing other things all i can say is believe in the plan it really works no matter how big or small your losses are. There are some weeks where i stay the same or gain but i just carry on now. I am pregnant now and after being off plan for 7 weeks and gaining 1st8lbs i am back to sw again and feeling so much healthier. You have a incentive too to lose weight to have a healthy pregnancy so remember that at difficult times because we are all human and we do have difficult times when we want to rebel i just draw a line under it and carry on if i do come off sw x

I started SW at 19st 6lbs but at my heaviest I was 20st 7lbs, I lost a stone before starting SW but couldn't keep it going by myself.

I started SW just under a year ago and since then I've lost 5st 3lbs. It's not always easy but truthfully, all I've ever done is followed the plan and it works - it really does work. I eat lovely, fresh, home cooked food, a bit of chocolate when I fancy it and can even fit in the odd meal out.

SW has changed my life - I have a better job, more confidence, have developed a love of exercise and I've gone down four dress sizes!

I'm so sorry about your miscarriages, I can't imagine how horrible it must have been for you. My situation isn't exactly the same as yours (in our case we can't conceive due to husband's low sperm count) but TTC is my primary reason for losing weight too. I need to lose another 2st 6lbs by the end of July so that we can be referred for IVF and I'm hopeful that I can do it in time! It's a stressful time, full of tests and uncertainty, which doesn't make weight loss easy but it is working, slowly but surely.

You've been through the mill and I really hope that you get everything you wish for. If you need any SW help or advice just ask, everyone here is lovely and happy to help out. xxx

I started at 20st 1lb, lost a little then joined slimming world at 19st 10.5lbs. My biggest tip is not to look at it as a race. We're not going to lose 5lbs week in week out. This is where I see so many people lose interest and leave! We have a lot to lose, it's going to take time. Also, eat! Don't be afraid to have more food if you're still hungry, don't be afraid to eat your syns.

I think once you have it in your head that this is the time you're going to succeed, then it will happen. It takes a lot of dedication but this forum is brill support. Oh, I also keep a food diary on here and I find that invaluable for keeping me on track and the support of people who comment on my diary spur me on x

Hey Hun :)

I started at 20st 12.5lbs and I am now 8st 3.5lbs lighter just over a year after I started. Slimming World is a fantastic plan and it really teaches you how to eat and exercise! I really enjoy the plan I don't walk around thinking oh I'm hungry or oh I'm on a diet I can't have that. Best thing I ever did, good luck with ur journey x

I started last week at 20.4 and had my first WI yesterday and im down to 19.9! x

Hello all

If you look at my profile you can see that I am rather large lol. Just wondered if anybody started a similar weight and what helped you loose the weight? Or anybody have any tips suggestions for me?

The main reasons why Im loosing weight

[*]Hopefully to help me conceive after suffering 2 horrific MC'S last yea
[*]To be more healthy
[*]To feel like I have more energy
[*]To make my family proud of me :)

Much loves xx

I started at 21 st 1 and a half pounds. I joined 4 weeks ago and have lost 14 and a half pounds. Haven't always stuck to it one hundred percent and have never been hungry I love it and really easy to stick to xx

I started at 25 st 10 lbs and am now 16 st 4 lbs .. I had a big xmas gain and working on getting rid of it, and I promised myself that I wouldn't change my statistics up, only down. so it's not moving until I get below my lowest weight so far..

it's taken me over two years and it's been worth every single day :D

good luck with your weight loss in the future :)

I started at 21 st 9 last year. I hope to get my nine stone losses award in a few days time. Tips? Following the slimming world plan will shock your body. Your body is going to switch into fat burning mode. No longer will you be burning what you eat and putting some aside for a rainy day, your body will be taking energy from your fat reserves. You'll be surprised just how much weight you can lose when you weigh that much.

three to four pounds on a week in week out basis is realistic. The plan works! I found myself keeping to plan by a combination of a couple of things:

I have weak self control. Which means I need to exercise the control at point of purchase. Learn to walk down and right past those favourite isles at the super market. The biscuits, the chocolate, the bakery, the pasties, the crisps, the booze isle. If you have the self control then, you won't need it at home later.

Secondly. Find those dishes you really enjoy and see if you can make them slimming world friendly. Things like kebabs are classics. You can eat a healthy kebab and easily feel a bit naughty, despite it being great.

I used to love sausage sandwiches. I found they were my release. I would have a big thick hand cut slabs of whole meal bread, and some tescos good for you Cumberland sausage. Plenty of tomatoes, onion and lettuce.

I could eat these big sandwiches and not feel like I was on a diet, It genuinely helped.

I started at 21 st 1 and a half pounds. I joined 4 weeks ago and have lost 14 and a half pounds. Haven't always stuck to it one hundred percent and have never been hungry I love it and really easy to stick to xx

Hi welcome i started sw and loving it being a yo yo dieter iv lost 8lbs in 3 wks but been very off plan due to social events but back to normal this wk good luck with the weigt loss

Back