Anyone been to a residential Boot Camp/Weight Loss Retreat?

Hello,
I'm a complete newbie to this forum but I want to try and get some honest opinions on Residential Boot Camps (or fitness/weight loss retreats) and find out whether anybody here has been on one. I'm thinking about it and have done some research, but you only ever get the good stuff from testimonials on providers' websites. I saw a leaflet for a company called Transform Boot Camps the other day and they seem quite good especially as its only a 5 night stay rather than 7 nights (I've got kids so I don't want to leave for too long).
Any opinions, recommendations or thoughts gratefully received :D
Alex

weightloss fit farm

Hi, I've been on one of these and a detox week too. I much preferred the fit farm as on the detox you are just fed juice all day and therefore have to minimise your activity level. I prefer being active! On the detox I spent too much time on my own in my room reading or something! The fit farm you were constantly on the go and what helped the most was the group really bonded and we actually had fun if you can believe that! It was hard work too and there were tears along the way from some of the group but we all supported each other through it. I think it is this aspect, as well as the nutritional info you get, that made it all worth it!! The one I went on was not a military run boot camp style and I would probably only go on one like this, it was also mixed which worked well (although we had expected it to be woman only when we booked!). I lost half a stone by the end of the week (but it was 7 days) and felt great, so much fitter too. I would definitely recommend one to people... :)

Fitness boot camps are fantastic way to provide the structure and motivation that I think everyone need. They can be tough, but it's well worth it once you do. Fitness boot camps are a spin off of the military boot camps for teens. And most of them are run by qualified fitness coaches and knowledgeable instructors.

Last edited:
Im planning on doing one before my wedding. My venue run one and they say they have great results. I have also started doing a circuit training class and i am noticing a BIG difference as a result of it.

I'd love to do one of these too and would like to read recommendations . . .

Back