Anyone Diabetics following SW ?

poppyowner

Silver Member
Good evening everyone...
I have just discovered this site. I have been off/on SW now since Nov 2002 - in total lost over 4.5 stones BUT gained over 6 stones:sigh:
January 2009 I was diagnosed as Type 2 Diabetic and am now on tablets and trying to lose weight with SW...my nurse recommended me only doing RED days so reduced carbs.
Does anyone else on here have Diabetes and follow SW?

Jill

hey Jill..

i am not diabetic so i cant help you here, but im sure someone will be able to help :) .. but i just wanted to congratulate you on your previous loss and wish you all the best for your sw journey. xx

Hiya

Yeah, I'm diabetic. I was on insulin 4 times a day, then Meformin and lower levels of insulin, now I'm just on Metformin. I've been on SW since Sept and I've lost just over 2st. I stick to mainly Extra Easy.

Hiya

Yeah, I'm diabetic. I was on insulin 4 times a day, then Meformin and lower levels of insulin, now I'm just on Metformin. I've been on SW since Sept and I've lost just over 2st. I stick to mainly Extra Easy.
Hi

How did you manage your insulin? I find it really difficult.

My Mum is diabetic and also a Desomd lay educator - helping the newly diagnosed come to terms with the illness and how to control it. She's also chairperson of a local support group.

She said that the red days don't have enough carbs in it to control her blood sugar, but she's a real meat eater and can't do green days very well - but now there is this new extra easy plan she's going to have another go after our birthdays.

I've got a diabletics on sw leaflet from our sw consultant knocking around somewhere, I'll try and find it and let you know what it says

Hi

I'm a diabetic, diet controlled. Its interesting that your nurse suggested you follow red days as the leaflet supplied by sw recommends green days! Must admit I found it easier to lose weight on red days than green. my blood sugars are well controlled now after losing some weight. I think like everything else its working out what suits you and what best controls your blood sugar levels.

Vanda

I am not diabetic but have pre diabetic insulin resistance. I find mix2max just right as its a conrolled amount of carbs and I do usually red breakfast/green lunch/red tea and save a fair bit of milk allowance for a milky coffee before bed and I find this suits me just right.

Back