Anyone disappointed with August SW Mag Recipes?

bevhunter1986

Silver Member
Been looking through the latest SW mag and I have to say I really am disappointed. I absolutely hate salad which most of the recipes are based around this month :(

xx

I dont like salads either and i couldnt find that much this month that i wanted to try. They cant please everyone every month tho, so looking forward to the next issue :)

Thats it, it wont stop me buying it again xx

I like the 'deli type' recipes......SW sundried tomatoes and piccallili! Yum! x

I like the 'deli type' recipes......SW sundried tomatoes and piccallili! Yum! x

Me too! I did think it was pretty rubbish in general, but Im gonna try the picallili (which Ive got soaking right now!), the sundried tomatoes and the beetroot hummus. Im also gonna do the lentil salad with halloumi tomorrow.

That's pretty much it tho, the others have all been done loads of times. Might have a go at some of the Indian salads, well just the lamb really, the potatoes coleslaw and salad are pretty much derivatives of standard stuff. Looking forward to my pickles tho!

I thought a lot of them were just variations of recipes that have already been in the mags recently. I liked the deli style ones too!

I had a look in asda today and I agree that is is a very poor magazine this time

In the end there is only so much you can do with the free food plus a few syns.

Wow I couldn't disagree more! If you believe that how on earth do you see yourself following SW for the rest of your life?

I am 11 years down the line and still not exhausted all the possibilities - there are always new recipes and foods to try out.

I think the recipes in the new mag look brilliant! Usually, I am not impressed, but I love this edition.

I agree. I didn't buy last months but having flicked through this months I would like to buy it. I am a fan of salad though.

I do think it is possible to be hugely creative with all the free food and spices available on SW though and agree with Circes in that respect. Just look at some of the creative recipes on here and adaptations of other recipes.

I was quite disappointed, there's nothing in there that I wanted to try. Forced me to look back through my recipe books though to come up with my meals for this week :)

xx

Back