Anyone else breastfeeding?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by DemisRoussos, 23 June 2010 Social URL.

1. DemisRoussos

DemisRoussos Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello!

Off to join my local SW class tomorrow morning, my baby girl is 6 weeks old now so can't put it off any longer...
    Didn't think I'd put much weight on (last weighed myself at 36 weeks, put on about30lb by then and had 8lb baby at 40 wks) but since I still weigh the same as I did at about 36 weeks pregnant I must have done :(

I wondered if there were any other breastfeeding mums here? Any tips on how to make a success of SW while feeding gratefully received! Also any tips on "doing up" a post c-section tummy!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ferb

ferb Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8.5lb(18.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi I am breastfeeding at the moment (although am down to just one feed a day now). Make sure you tell your consultant that you are breastfeeding and they sould give you a booklet about following the plan when pregnant/breastfeeding as you are allowed extra healthy extras on top - the number depends on the age of your baby.
    Baby’s age

No. of extra
    Healthy Extras​
    Up to 2 months
    2 to 3 months
    4 to 6 months
    if starting to wean​
    4 to 6 months
    if breast milk is the only source of nutrient for your baby​
    Over 6 months when weaning​

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.