Anyone else ever considered....

I would never, ever consider laxatives!

No - most definitely not! Its a really dodgy road to go down. Laxative abuse causes terrible problems and has a horrible way of getting more and more habitual. Pleeeeeease don't go down that route hun - its a false weight loss and so so dangerous. Stick with the plan and stay healthy. xxxx

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Medical Complications of Laxative Abuse [/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The medical complications of laxative abuse depend on several factors, including the type of laxatives used, the amount used, and how long they have been used. Some of the more common complications of laxative abuse follow.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Constipation. Repeated use of laxatives actually causes constipation. This may lead people to increase the dosage of the amount of laxative, which in turn only worsens the constipation problem.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dehydration. Laxatives cause fluid loss through the intestines. Dehydration then impairs body functioning. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Electrolyte abnormalities. Many people who abuse laxatives often demonstrate electrolyte imbalances. Electrolytes such as potassium, sodium, and chloride are important to life functions. With chronic diarrhea, electrolytes are drawn out of the body through the feces. This leads to an electrolyte imbalance in the body. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Edema. As noted before, laxatives cause fluid loss. Dramatic changes or fluctuations in fluid balance confuse the body's self-regulating protective mechanisms by retaining fluid. As a result, prolonged laxative abuse frequently leads to fluid retention or edema. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bleeding. People who abuse laxatives, especially the stimulant-type laxatives, can develop blood in their stools. Chronic blood loss associated with laxative abuse can lead to anemia.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Impaired bowel function. People who abuse stimulant-type laxatives can develop permanent impairment of bowel function.[/FONT]​

would you really wanna damage yourself for maybe a slightly better weight loss i know i wouldnt.​

No way. It's abusing your own body. I'm working hard to lose weight!

To be a bit blunt, that's a desparate idea. If you do it once you'll have to do it every week and it's not going to help at all.
Put it out of your mind. Weight loss is a hard slog but you just have to keep working at it, there are no quick fixes.

I have considered it when having a bad week but haven't acted on it, mainly because of the problems it can cause!I had a friend who used to use laxatives to try and control her weight but it never stayed off plus spending ages on the loo can't be fun.

What everyone else has said plus this:

I did it! Started by accident and became a stressful habit. I had a small gain when I stopped but the pains continued for months after. Had I continued I may well have caused some permanent damage. It's definately something I would strongly advise against

Please don't do this! As has been said it's a false loss you're only losing water and would have to do it every week. My mom used laxatives alot when she was younger not to lose weight but because she suffered terrible constipation. Her bowels have now become 'lazy' and she now has to use something to make her go all the time. It's not worth it stick to the plan and you will lose 'fat' in the long run.

Wendy

The reason I chose SW in the first place was to follow a plan that is as far away as possible from a fad diet! Eating as healthily as possible, doing moderate exercise and having treats in moderation is the only way forward in my eyes! If you suffer from constipation (and I doubt that's why you bring the subject of laxatives up) try Senakot or Fybogel- something as natural as possible, but DEFINITELY not just to have good results on the scales- it won't be fat you're losing- it will just dehydrate you and cause havoc to your bodily functions!!X

Why would you even consider it????

Sorry, that was a really throw away comment and not meant to upset x

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! My mum almost died from laxative abuse. Started with just a few times of thinking she would take a laxative to help the scales and ended up with her in a psychiatric unit being treated for bulimia. f she had not gone into the unit the GP said she had less than 6 months to live

She has also damaged her body very seriously, lost teeth due to poor nutrition due to the laxatives, has NO bladder control and major bowel problems 20 years later !

No!! If you need to move more quickly, get more fibre in your diet!!

As everyone else has said, it's a totally false weight loss and you're just dehydrating yourself.

Back