Anyone else ever considered....

i have to agree..

i battled bulimia in the past and used to abuse laxatives as well as make myself sick

anyway [i know i am a hypocrite] but i really would not recomend you do that at all]....it won't make you lose any weight as such[only water] and could really damage you

i still have a bad stomach and bowels from my bulimic battle[and i am still trying to lose weight]

I'm with everyone else - don't do it.
When you go in for your weigh in chat with your consultant and maybe go back to keeping a food diary to get you back on track.

I no longer go to the meetings due to a cash flow issue but when I did, even when I put on there was only ever friendly faces there - we all have 'gain' weeks.

Not used laxitives but have used the odd suppository ( sometimes go only once a week ) but only if I havnt been all week and feel bloated

Wow! I really hope I don't sound patronising when I say this but I have total respect for all of you that have posted on here who have battled with an eating disorder. To share your experiences on a public forum to help someone else takes courage and I really admire you for having done it. Thanks so much! xxxx

dont do it please - for us!!

my landlady has bowel problems due to laxatives (seroiously) anything like adios or whatever are a no no

i feel confident that you're not going to take them cos everybody's message has been v useful! why would you spend your spare time on the toilet!

All laxatives do is clear you out and only for that one time. The calories and fat have already been ingested

hi hun
i'm guessing u have had a bad week or u r struggling at the mo. if u have had a bad week go get weighted hun it might not 4be as bad u think and if u have a gain u won't be alone someone else will have to draw a line under it and aim for a 100% week this week but don't worry if u don't manage it. remember to use your syns.
if u r struggling its ok hun we have all be there but while ever u r stil going to slimming world u r trying and u r winning cause when u stop going u gain it back i have done it loads times but if i hadn't stopped bet i wouldn't of gained no where near what i did. share your probs with us let us help.
and last possiable thing i can think of is u want to get to a certain weight and haven't got to it its ok hun theres no rush u will get to it next week or maybe in a month but u will get there.
if u take laxs u will only gain it straight back hun
hope i've helped alittle please do let us know why u r considering this

wow - so many responses.
i know how dangerous they can be and havent and wont be taking laxatives - was just wondering whether it was something anyone else had considered...

had a bit of a rubbish week - yes.
but it was early week and ive stayed on plan since...
the way i look at it is that if i gain it wont be as much as i would have gained if i wasnt slimming at all...
if that makes sense?

thank you ALL for the messages - nice to know people are always there.. x

Poo doesn't even weigh that much!

If you're feeling really bunged up, I recommend more fibre and a cup of green tea. Green tea really gets things going for me! And grapefruit for breakfast, with a cup of hot water and lemon. Wooosh! I don't to it to ensure I lose weight, but it keeps me regular, as they say.

Poo doesn't even weigh that much!
Don't believe it! When I had the trouble with lax's I would weigh myself before going to the toilet and after and would lose 2lb instantly. Thats where the problem breeds, thats why it is so easy to fall into the problem

i dont use laxatives but i do drink soluble fibre the night night before and in the morning just to help things on a bit. Usually if ive forgotten to have my Healthy extras ... im sure that would be ok

amazed

Well after a week that included sticky toffee pudding with ice cream - profiteroles with fresh cream... 3 curly wurly's numerous packs of animal biscuits too much alcohol and too much garlic bread during the first half of the week i got strict the 2nd half and still managed to lose 1lb... amazed... thought i would have had a huuuuge gain. gotta love slimming world...

Hate to admit I did years and years ago a few times but it is a waste of time because as soon as you drink or eat it goes back on and it isn't worth the stomach cramps and the the runs yuk! :ashamed0005: Don't go down that track I was young and naive at the time and wouldn't do it now - EVER!!!! You can do it much safer and healthier without them believe me. xx

i used them once as I was so constipated..never ever again! woke up in the middle of the night with cold sweats, hubby found me on the bathroom floor - the intense stomach cramps had caused mr to pass out, hit my head off the wall and land with a thud! and these were supposed to be mild tablets! I stick to fruit and water now!

Don't believe it! When I had the trouble with lax's I would weigh myself before going to the toilet and after and would lose 2lb instantly. Thats where the problem breeds, thats why it is so easy to fall into the problem

Well, true, that's how it's tempting, yes! If you're bunged up then obviously it could weigh a fair bit...all that accumulation! But normal poo doesn't really...and laxitive poo is lots of water, isn't it?

No it's everything that is in your bowel. I wasn't even bunged up, that was just a 'clear out'!

Back