Anyone else get down?

shazzy_shaz

Silver Member
Hey everyone! I'm on day 45 and for some reason I can't help feeling over emotional/ fed up/ upset For no apparent reason I can't shake these negative feelings off!

The only thing i can think of is my WI this week I only lost 3lbs whereas my 5th WI I lost 9lbs! I know I had my drink spiked on that weekend and so was thrown out of ketosis not by choice :( and so should have expected a pants weight loss but I didn't expect to keep on feeling like this!

Since Wednesday I've only had two shakes a day rather than 3 and have been eating a SS+ allowed amount of chicken which hasn't helped me at all but I'm just so scared on staking on this scales and disappointing myself and my CDC by having another rubbish weight loss!

I feel like I've lost total perspective of what ive done! I've lost a total of 30lbs in 45 days but feel so fed up with it all! I keep looking at everyone's amazing inspirational pics to try and re-focus but it's now making me angry at myself at my failures!

Anyone else experienced anything similiar? I feel like I'm back in first week getting all emotional and crazy about everything!

Last edited:
I felt this way alot when i did the diet 3 years ago and a result after 3months on ss i was signed off work for 2 mnths with depression and anxiety. Dont ignore ur feelings.... If they persist mayb something isnt right?? This time on diet i got to week 9 and started to recognise those down feelings again and decided to take 2 weeks off plan to try and pick myself back up (iv got 2 kids now so being depressed jyst isnt an option!) i lost 5lbs in my time off and am restarting ss+ again tomoro.
Just listen to your self... We all get the odd down days but they shouldnt persist for too long a time should they?! X

i am starting to feel down but i think its because my weight loss hasnt moved for a month due to the holidays ive been on. ive got back on track and lost holiday weight ive put on but i havent actually made any progress for a whole month because the breaks have been staggered so im feeling miserable now as i know i would have probably been half a stone away from goal by now if the holidays hadnt got in the way. instead, i'm just not shifting at the moment and it is getting me down because ive got back on plan so i hope that once im nearer the 8s, my mood will pick up a bit

Hey lumpybumps! My weight hasn't seem to have shifted all week for me apart from a pound! I'm just dreading going for my WI this week as if it's not moved much this week itll just keep me down! I've heard your weight loss slows sometimes but everyone on here seems to be having fabulous losses week after week! I just my CDC to have a go or shake me out of feeling like this! It's crazy how a slow weight loss can make you feel!

It's crazy how a slow weight loss can make you feel!

tell me about it! i weighed again this morning, shouldnt do it to myself but i swear those scales are calling me! still stayed the same! i'm gutted at the moment coz although i did have a bit of food and drink at the weekend for my friends hen do, i cant believe how much it has affected my weight, especially as ive been doing SS straight since Sunday to rectify the eating on saturday. i've actually gone up 1lb rather than even staying the same as last week! i feel crappy at the mo coz its my friends wedding in 3 weeks and i had hoped to be at the 9 stone mark by then but i just cant see the weight shifting quick enough now :(

you've had a fab weight loss so far, 2 stone in 6 weeks is amazing so keep at it, you're doing fab! x

Well it's no surprise that I only managed another lb this week! My CDC said to chill out and stop been so hard my yourself... Still kncane home and scoffed two boiled eggs and some ham as she didn't pop my black cloud! Then tonight I went out for a staff leaving party to a mezee Greek place calked yamas and stuck to only a smidge of meat and had diet coke! I braved the scales and it said 17stone 10!!! That can't be true as it means my eating has helped me drop 9lbs since Wednesday which can't be right!?! I might try SS+ this week to just see if it impacts my WI in a good way... and then work up the courge to tell my CDC what I've done! I've done SS for 6 weeks now with SS+ days when desperate so around a total of 5 but interestingly they coincided with my best losses!

I'm sure after a pants WI your weight will eventually drop! It's just a case of when not if which I know is just as rubbish! I'm sure you'll look amazing at your friends wedding hun!

Stina84 said:
thank God its not just me :'( xx

Definitely not just you hun! We're all in it together! Hope you feel better *hugs* !!

Small losses can be very disheartening on this diet!

I get fed up when I have had a smaller loss because I think that I could be on a normal diet, eating actual real food...like slimming world, and lose about 2lb a week!! when you have basically starved and deprived yourself of ALL food you expect and deserve to have a big loss!!

Tammy-marie said:
Small losses can be very disheartening on this diet!

I get fed up when I have had a smaller loss because I think that I could be on a normal diet, eating actual real food...like slimming world, and lose about 2lb a week!! when you have basically starved and deprived yourself of ALL food you expect and deserve to have a big loss!!

Exactly tammy-Marie! Well I weighed myself this morning and despite the food I ate last night which was essentially SS+ allowed quantity I expected a gain but no, according to the scalesive now lost a whopping 10lbs in two days! How does that work! I don't know if it's the weight I should have dropped this wrrk combined with the weight in losing normally or if it's that SS+ works better for me! My CDC moved mr down from 4 packs to 3 when I started my 2nd week bur I've noticed some people on here who have 4 packs who are similarly the same height as me (5ft11) or have a BMI as high as me (around 38%) so maybe I'm going to just alternate between having SS and SS+ days as it'd be fab to go to my 8th WI with a 10lbs lost as it'd be more than any other week I've lost!

How's everyone else getting on? Should be a nice day so lots of ice tea to break up the litres of water that await us! Xx

Wow...that would be great if you have a massive loss, it will give you the boost you need and make it all worthwhile!

I felt good last week but for some reason i am struggling this week, I just really want to eat!!

I walked down to the shops last night and it was pure torture....the chip shop and the Indian restaurant smelt so good! :(

Tammy-marie said:
I walked down to the shops last night and it was pure torture....the chip shop and the Indian restaurant smelt so good! :(

even though I'm in ketosis and on week 7 of SS the smell of Indian food still makes me weak at the knees I still can't walk past an Indian it's definitely the thing which I'm looking forward to the most when I return to food!

I remember in back in week 5 I really missed the feeling of chewing and something solid! So my CDC suggested I have one of those Cambridge bars... Which were ok!

I love the bars!!! I have one every night, sometimes with a coke zero...it feels like a real naughty treat!!:)

It might be worth getting a few more of them then! My CDC calls them willy wonka bars as she has hers with water and says it takes her agesssss to eat them! I have a pepsi max as my naughty treat some days! ;)

:D woah!! Richman14 that's an epic amount of weight loss you've achieved! You've lost the weight of a zero model there! And another 3 stone still to go! Well done mister!

I have felt quite subdued since I started the diet and have little interest in anything except for my weekly weigh in. I found some info on the web and apparently carbs facilitate the release of serotonin which is the hormone which makes you feel happy. I think it is true because I had two planned days off and ate loads of carbs and by the next day I felt completely different - much happier. I have continued because the diet works for me and i won't be on it forever. Unfortunately I am not losing weight as quickly as I had hoped so I will be on cd for a bit longer. It will be worth it in the end - I just try to keep busy in the meantime.
good luck!

Back