Extra Easy Anyone else going to the gym aswell as doing slimming world?

Elisa01

Hi all I am new to this and would love some help. <br>
I started slimming world 4 weeks ago. Lost 7.1/2 pounds the first week, 1 pound the next week and 1 pound the week after. (Bit diapointing but at least its still a loss) <br>
Although I've been going to the gym every day since last week and really trying hard but stayed the same this week and I've just weighed myself and put on a pound! I'm thinking I might just start swapping my dinners for salad with turkey breast or something? <br>
What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you posted your food diary on here? It often helps for others to take a look at it!

Keep up the gym (maybe not every day - like 3/4 times a week is enough, as your body needs time to rest) because it does complement weight loss!! Dont get disheartened and dont start eating nothing but salad - thats not what slimming world is about!!!

Do you attend group? 1lb a week is a great loss and the amount recommended by slimming world. Wait until weigh in day until you weigh, dont weigh in between because you will get false results!!

When you start doing exercise your body isn't used to, your body retains water and sends extra fluid to your joints to protect them. I'd say cut down a bit on the exercise as everyday is too much. But keep at it the losses will show up in a few weeks when your body has adjusted.
Be careful your nit eating too much afterwards as well, when I started the gym I used to binge eat afterwards as I was so hungry x

I disagree about cutting down your exercise i can train 7 days a week no problem. It depends what you are doing and how hard you are pushing yourself. I train hard 6 days a week then have one day of riding the exercise bike steady or go for a walk. You should drink plenty of water while you are exercising and try and plan a meal to have after you have trained. You could try one day of pushing hard on whatever you do then the next take it steady. Any exercise is better than no exercise.

It will affect your weight loss for the first few weeks but stick with it and you will see some amazing results.

I look at it like this ive rested my body for 36 years and now its time to make up for lost time.

I truely believe exrecise was the one of the biggest factors in my weight loss.

You train 7 days a week but did you start from nothing straight into 7 days a week or did you build up gradually? It's fine if you are used to doing that but not many people are x

Started from nothing and did 5 mins a day, 7 days a week and built up from there. I hate when people say they cant train everyday, if you only do 5 mins your still training and everyone can spare 5 mins a day.

I was 30stone when i started and did 5 mins a day, 5 mins. Theres no excuse really but thats just my opinion.

I totally agree that everyone can do it but 5mins a day, every day is very different to what OP was doing every day and I guess that's why the comments were as they were. Doing 3-4 longer sessions per week as a beginner is much the same as 7 shorter ones, swings and roundabouts really, whereas 7 longer ones as a beginner would prob be too much for most people IMO.

well ive just started at the gym, i go for an hour and a half and i was there twice this week and i still lost 4lb! im hoping to up the amound of times i go next week to maybe 3 x

When you start gym work if your not drinking enough your body will hold on to any tiny drop of water it can get so you will not see weight loss. Always drink as much water as possible and keep at it x

Hey, I had this exact same problem! Well not a problem just smaller losses, first week i lost 8 pounds, i was going gym 5-6 days a week for an hour, then i was maintaining alot, i was told the weight i would usually loose without gym everyday, is just turning into muscle, so technically your still loosing fat its just turning it into muscle, which personally i dont want until ive lost a lot more. I now only go gym 3 times a week and my losses are back to 4-5 pounds a week, but still toning as i go along

hope this helps and good luck - but any excercise is good excercise!! :) x

Whenever I'm in a good exercise pattern I find it very easy to maintain my weight, but not so easy to actually shift anything. It's been the same when I've trained with a personal trainer 3 times a week, when I've been running 3 times a week, and more recently when I've been doing cardio and classes at the gym 3-4 times a week. I don't think I'm doing anything so strenuous to be building muscle, so it is a bit disappointing, especially when I'm following plan :(

Back