anyone else have bad results when doing green days?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jade-h, 14 April 2009.

1. jade-h

jade-h Well-Known Member

i do! i think it is more down to my portion size actually if im honest with myself

i have had jacket potatoes a lot lately and that has gave me good losses

it is just pasta and rice which is my downfall, have been stearing clear of it but i think i have the willpower now to control my portion

2. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Well-Known Member

Hey Hun! :)

Yes you need to what suits you! I have found that this week, I was doing EE and didn't lose a bean. The next week I alternated between Red and Green and I lost 2.5lbs. Maybe all green days don't suit you. Maybe try putting in another day here, there and everywhere :) xx
  3. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Well-Known Member

WEll i have only ever done green day as veggie and lost 3 stone 9 lb!
  4. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Well-Known Member

Oh I know about this one.... I stick to the red days as the pasta, rice , pots slow my met rate so much I put weight on very quickly even though I gym and active. I get my carbs elsewhere..

Phil X
  5. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

It's the opposite for me, red days give me bad results and I gain with them. Everyone is different and you just have to find the plan that suits you
  6. lentil2

lentil2 Well-Known Member

Years ago I always followed green and lost weight successfully. These days, its a different story though. I can't lose on green and have to have mostly red days. I love carbs and treat myself with an odd green day thrown in but I know it will affect my losses.
  7. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Green days work well for me, I had good losses on them. I do have red days but tbh I do whatever I fancy for tea so if I want meat, I'll do red/EE otherwise i'll do green.

It's mostly green though as it's cheaper - I buy a big sack of spuds and we munch our way through them, lots of jackets, wedges and chips!!!

Do whatever suits you - everyone is different, maybe you would have sts that particular week even if you had done red or green. Our bodies are strange things!
  8. tigerlily88

tigerlily88 Well-Known Member

I've lost 22lb in total with 90% green days. I love pasta!! My weight loss has slowed lately and I've been throwing in some Mix2Max days which will hopefully speed it up.
  9. lydia150970

lydia150970 Well-Known Member

Why don't you try wholemeal pasta and brown rice for a little extra fibre, that might help.
  10. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

I love green days, but found that I lost at a faster rate with red. I've just started back, and am trying EE this time.
  11. michelle234

michelle234 Member

I do well on green days but I do watch my pasta portions. I find it easier to fill out my plate with superfree and speed foods on a red day which is probably why I lose more.
  12. jade-h

jade-h Well-Known Member

ah thanks for everyones tips etc! :D