1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone else have bad results when doing green days?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jade-h, 14 April 2009 Social URL.

1. jade-h

jade-h Full Member

i do! i think it is more down to my portion size actually if im honest with myself

i have had jacket potatoes a lot lately and that has gave me good losses

it is just pasta and rice which is my downfall, have been stearing clear of it but i think i have the willpower now to control my portion

:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Gold Member

Hey Hun! :)

Yes you need to what suits you! I have found that this week, I was doing EE and didn't lose a bean. The next week I alternated between Red and Green and I lost 2.5lbs. Maybe all green days don't suit you. Maybe try putting in another day here, there and everywhere :) xx

4. zenabob2105

zenabob2105 Silver Member

WEll i have only ever done green day as veggie and lost 3 stone 9 lb!

5. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Oh I know about this one.... I stick to the red days as the pasta, rice , pots slow my met rate so much I put weight on very quickly even though I gym and active. I get my carbs elsewhere..

Phil X

6. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

It's the opposite for me, red days give me bad results and I gain with them. Everyone is different and you just have to find the plan that suits you

7. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Years ago I always followed green and lost weight successfully. These days, its a different story though. I can't lose on green and have to have mostly red days. I love carbs and treat myself with an odd green day thrown in but I know it will affect my losses.

8. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Green days work well for me, I had good losses on them. I do have red days but tbh I do whatever I fancy for tea so if I want meat, I'll do red/EE otherwise i'll do green.

It's mostly green though as it's cheaper - I buy a big sack of spuds and we munch our way through them, lots of jackets, wedges and chips!!!

Do whatever suits you - everyone is different, maybe you would have sts that particular week even if you had done red or green. Our bodies are strange things!

9. tigerlily88

tigerlily88 Member

I've lost 22lb in total with 90% green days. I love pasta!! My weight loss has slowed lately and I've been throwing in some Mix2Max days which will hopefully speed it up.

10. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Why don't you try wholemeal pasta and brown rice for a little extra fibre, that might help.

11. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

I love green days, but found that I lost at a faster rate with red. I've just started back, and am trying EE this time.

12. michelle234

michelle234 Member

I do well on green days but I do watch my pasta portions. I find it easier to fill out my plate with superfree and speed foods on a red day which is probably why I lose more.

13. jade-h

jade-h Full Member

ah thanks for everyones tips etc! :D