Anyone else in to Sci-Fi on TV and go to conventions?

zebredy

Sci-Fi Geek
I'm part of a group (0r two :) ) and love meeting other Sci-Fi fans, (fans of any Sci-Fi TV show out there). I'm mainly into Star Trek, Eureka and Stargate but watch other stuff as well. Plus I go to conventions especially 1 day events.

Anyone else out there go to the conventions and into Sci-Fi as well?

Its a great hobby for me as its how I met my Trekie husband :)

well i've never been to conventions or anything as no1 i know is actually into sci fi but i like it, probably my fave is (was determined as a child that i would go to starfleet acadamy when I left school lol!) and I also used to love (and have just d/l the first series of) sliders, anyone remember this?
xxx

p.s zebredy what date in december is your birthday? mines is the 3rd :)

well i've never been to conventions or anything as no1 i know is actually into sci fi but i like it, probably my fave is (was determined as a child that i would go to starfleet acadamy when I left school lol!) and I also used to love (and have just d/l the first series of) sliders, anyone remember this?
xxx

p.s zebredy what date in december is your birthday? mines is the 3rd :)

Sliders used to love watching that, though was a little younger when it was on, so mostly remember Quinn and the episode where he only had 3 minutes and ended up sliding home, but cause the gate was fixed so it wouldn't squeak any more he didn't think he had slided to the right place :( poor guy...

Mines the 14th of December (sadly enough I even know its the day before Garret Wang's aka Harry Kim Voyager lol) now that's sad..

If you have a FB account, this album has about 68 pics that someone took of people at an event my hubby and I attended over the weekend.. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...720067&notif_t=photo_tag&fbid=147567135286343

It was the Starfleet Klingon Banquet, loads of people came in costume and over £2000 was raised for charity..

They didn't really get any of me from the front :) :(

Last edited:
haha Zebredy that sounds AWSOME! :) i once found a klingon - english dictionary and learned a bit of it, forgot it now though :( i've got facebook so i will have a wee nosey :D

I used to have a HUGE crush on Quinn hehe - then didnt it end up him and his brother turned into the same person :S wasnt too happy then
xx

I'm a proper geek in most senses of the word (except the intelligence - don't know how I missed that one!! ;)). Love Star Trek/zombie movies and go to the Collectormania events in Braehead but have never travelled to one. Not to say I wouldn't though. My friend is very keen on the convention scene and travels all round the world to them. :)

Me and my husband are into Sci Fi / Fantasy movies, tv shoes etc My hubby is the Star Trek and Battle Star Galactica fan, I'll watch them but not a huuuge fan of those, I'm more a Buffy, Charmed, Xena fan lol We've been to a convention in Birmingham at the NEC that was really good, we bought some Tribbles from there lol :D

They just had another sci-fi event on the weekend in London (we only went for the Friday preview night though)

Nice to see so many other sci-fi people on here as well.

And we have a few tribbles as well, they do seem to bread very quickly lol...

OH and I went to one in Blackpool a few years back - Buffy/Angel. I had no idea what to expect really and thought I was kind of old to go... but it was GREAT. Everyone there was such good fun from the actors to the makeup artists to the guests. We loved it and would like to do it again some day.

We both like SciFi/fantasy type books/programmes - loving Fringe at the moment and have bookcases full of Star Trek, Stargate, X-files etc DVDs.

My OH went to the Supernatural Convention. But I think she was a little disappointed with how rude and uninterested "Sam and Dean" were. She was chuffed with some of the smaller characters as they seemed to be there for the fans but I get the impression the main characters just couldnt be bothered to be there. Sad as it cost near to £50 to get your picture taken with them!!! We went to the Dr Who Experience in London which is pretty good for a few hours moseying around and the like!

We did the Dr Who experience, only thing was my hubby has slightly wonky eyes so he couldn't really view the 3D stuff..

We went to a preview with free tickets and one guy told us it wasn't fully set up yet (not the first part the part with all the figures and costumes displayed) kinda miffed about that, but as the tickets were free I can't complain to much.

Even got a free oyster card holder out of it lol

Sci Fi was always my first true love, and have met so many good friends (and an ex-girlfriend) discussing it online. Mainly Star Trek, Doctor Who, and Stargate (which the afore mentioned ex introduced me too).
Only convention I've been too was a Stargate one in New York a few years back, where I got to meet Don S. Davis (General Hammond on Stargate) before he passed away. Very nice man.

I'm a confirmed she-geek but I'm a convention virgin! My favourite shows are Stargate, Babylon 5, Farscape, Star Trek TNG and Voyager, Supernatural, Walking Dead, Terra Nova, Dr Who, Torchwood, Eureka and Warehouse 13. I'm sure I've missed a few!

Scotland does have a conventin once a year and next year is definately going to my year to go- I'm sure I'll be thin enough by then to squeeze into a saucy Star Trek uniform!

Hello

I like Stargate SG-1, Star Trek, Torchwood, Doctor Who and the Fades (if it is classed as sci-fi)

Never been to a convention but would like to one day

:)

Terra Nova
How are you finding 'Terra Nova'? Haven't watch this week's episode yet myself, but must admit I'm finding myself intrigued by what I've seen so far. Interesting concept.
I do think it amusing, though, that one of the showrunners is Brannon Braga (of Voyager & Enterprise fame). Do wonder if that man can write anything that doesn't have a time-travel plot! :p

Back