Anyone else on CD and have hypothyroidism ?

I'm hypothyroid and desperately need to lose 7 stone. I've tried ww, sw and I lose a stone of two but that's it and I'm so so depressed over it now. I losty 20s to obesity and I'm now 34 and I want to feel good about myself as I can feel my life slipping away from me. I
Terrified I won't be here to see my kids grid up ANC j struggle to really be part of there lives as I struggled to do anything . I'm sick of the comments ( ESP the inlaw family) and at the moment just dock of life. I looked at LL but not sure i can afford it... So done one suggested cambridge diet. I've got an appointment with consultant tomorrow but someone on z thyroid forum has said gong bother as of Wong work with hypothyroidism and nothing will . So an I destined to feel like this s my life?? Please help

Sorry for spelling mistakes but I'm trying to type through teary eyes x

Hi I am new to cambridge and to this forum but please dont worry I have just been diagnosed with under active thyroid and have been just putting on weight and the tiredness is terrible but i joined on Monday 15th july and i have already lost 6lb and feel great.

Its hard but well worth the effort you put in, as i too was so fed up feeling like no matter what i tried the weight was just going on!

Good Luck tomorrow x

Hi,

I have been doing 810 (step 2) for almost 7 weeks now and have lost 32lb. I have at least 120lb (8st8lb) to lose altogether to get me to a healthy BMI and although I know it'll be a long journey, I am motivated by my quick weight losses so far and I know I'll get there! I take 50mcg thyroxine daily for my hypothyroidism and it doesn't seem to have slowed my weight loss at all! I'm 27 and feel I have lost the last 10 years of my life to obesity. I'm a few years off hitting my 30s but don't want them to be ruled by my obesity in the same way my 20s have been. I think it's best to forget you have hypothyroidism as it will only make you doubt your ability to lose weight, and a negative mindset is not helpful at all. You can do this!
Discuss with your GP and CWPC which plan will be the best for you. I had to start on 810 as my BMI was over 40. I was gutted at first as I did Cambridge a few years ago doing SS and believed it to be the best plan. So I was going to do 810 until my BMI hit 40 and then drop down to SS. My BMI is currently 40.4 and there is no way I'll be dropping down to SS! 810 is a fantastic plan with great weight losses and knowing I can have some proper food for dinner each night keeps me motivated all day. If your BMI is over 40 (which I'm assuming it is if you have 7 stone to lose - unless my maths is really rubbish lol) don't be disheartened that you have to start on 810.
If you want a diet buddy I'd be more than happy. We can become slim, happy, healthy people together :)
Laura x

Hi thanks for your replies. I'm currently on 225 mcg thyroxine. Do I need to get a form signed by gp before I can start.? :(( it will take 3 weeks to get that from gp:(( thank you for your words of encouragement it's really appreciated. Laura your right my bmi is over 40 @ 43.53 so ill be on same plan As yourself. I'm actually looking forward to Gavin. The obsessive choice of foods take. Away from me and seeing the results. I also don't normally see in dreaded in laws all summer as we are farmers and get busy so it will be good to see their faces swhen They do see me and how much I've lost. also spurring me on is that I'm a nature student 34 years old) at uni and I won't see uni mates until end sept so they should see a huge difference too! :))) I can do this and I WILL do this... And Laura I'd love a buddy! Xx

Kim x

Hi Kim,
Being on thyroxine you will definitely have to have a GP form signed :( I booked an appointment with my GP on advice of my consultant, rather than dropping the form with reception. I did this for 2 reasons...1 was that it is easy for them to refuse if you just drop it off but if you're sat face to face with your GP telling him you want to lose weight for your health, etc it is difficult for them to justifiably refuse, 2 that it is much quicker; you should be able to book an "emergency" same day appointment with the GP (just don't tell the receptionists why you are booking!) instead of waiting for the form to be signed.
You have lots of motivation for losing weight!! Last night I wrote a list of reasons to lose weight and was shocked when I realised I'd got 64!! There are basically no reasons not to lose weight are there? From health to appearance to living life to the full! I'm going to read my list often, particularly any time I'm struggling, to keep me motivated.
Have you arranged to see a consultant yet?
Laura x

Back