Anyone else starving???

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
Since the weekend I am hungry all the time.... I've got a cold & obviously the weather is pretty pants so wonder if it's just that. I have no calories left & am still hungry!!!!

Hi Lexie, sorry things are not easy. i guess having a cold can make you feel hungry. have you tried eating wholemeal carbohydrate foods (brown rice, brown bread, wholemeal pasta) as they release the energy over a longer period of time making you feel full for longer.
i dont drink bovril type drinks but i know work colleagues find this makes them feel full. i know you are over your calories but would it be worth using them for something similar so you dont end up eating something you might regret. hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for your reply, I'm not over calories just almost right up to them. I went & got a glass of water & some raw cauliflower. Feel slightly better now, bed soon!

Bought wholemeal bread today which I'm hoping will help! I just hope it passes soon cos this week has been really tough!

Sometimes going to bed is the best way to not eat - it works for me anyway :) xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Chrissy72 said:
Sometimes going to bed is the best way to not eat - it works for me anyway :) xxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yeah but I can't really go to bed at 7 every night hey lol!!!

I had a bowl of Weetabix for supper last night and a bowl for breakfast this morning with a banana. Only things I know that keep me full or keep me going! That and the new Mini Max shredded wheat cereal.

I had 3 sainsburys bgty bacon medallions (only 18 cals a slice) 1.5 eggs scrambled, some tinned tons & a slice of wholesale bread all for under 300 cals, hope is it'll keep me going longer!!!!

Sounds delicious :) would keep me going.,

I've just had 2 bowls cereal with skimmed milk, seems to have shut the hungry thoughts up.. For now :) in this cold weather it is hard to resist eating more! I'm just glad I have avoided the toast trap this morning!

Mis-behave said:
Sounds delicious :) would keep me going.,

I've just had 2 bowls cereal with skimmed milk, seems to have shut the hungry thoughts up.. For now :) in this cold weather it is hard to resist eating more! I'm just glad I have avoided the toast trap this morning!

It was lovely! Although I've got a bit of a dodgy tummy today. Don't think it's xen related, ate fresh peas & garlic yesterday both of which can upset me!!!!

So glad lots of other people are wanting to eat more & it's not just me! Today is gonna be hard as zumba & bokwa tonight so may have to save enough cals for a banana afterwards....

After exercise try eating a protein and a carb as I have found that if I don't it makes my hunger even worse..

Ok Zumba doesn't do it to me but that has been a regular class now for 2 years and I don't find I sweat that much any more.. My heart rate comes up in the routines but as I have a good recovery rate between sets it goes back to normal ( my resting heart rate is 59-62 Bpm) a min after a routine it's back to 88 Bpm Kettlecise really makes my heart and body work!!

But if you are sweating and your heart is racing and you can feel that your muscles are achey try eating that portion of protein and a carb.. I had ham and dried dates, or poached egg on toast.. See if that helps with your hunger :)

hey lexie hope your ok now and feeling a bit better after your cold. I have one too (again) grrrr always seem to be picking things up more easier since i have been on a diet (well eating healthy) which doesnt make much sense. xx

Kayee said:
hey lexie hope your ok now and feeling a bit better after your cold. I have one too (again) grrrr always seem to be picking things up more easier since i have been on a diet (well eating healthy) which doesnt make much sense. xx

Thanks lovely! It's my first cold since I started xen & it's made me so grumpy & hungry!!!! I'm getting there now though but don't think I'm gonna see anything good on the scales, pmt is raging this month lol x

Back