Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

pebbles67 said:
Hi buddy, there you are see you're all sorted you just need that willpower and if I had some for you I'd be posting it recorded delivery ASAP you can do this, I know you can, where's bloody Kankles when you need her eh.? But me n dubs need willpower motivation etc too and I'm sure she won't mind me saying that. Flipping eck she's gonna need bags of it with all those nights out and celebrations eh dubs?
So there's 2 invites, off to Dublin for 6 months then onto yours for 6 months Tracy. God what a treat for me, I promise to cook if you do the housework lol xx

Don't mind at all. It's the truth! My main aim to stick to plan as much as possible on the days leading up to be going out. So from now til 1st December I'm gona try be 100% n no booze between now n then either.

Have just posted a thread on halogen ovens. I dont suppose either of you have ever used one have you?
I just found one on sale in argos and was just wondering if i could cook sw style chips in one like the airfryer/ actifryer thingy, before i invest in one ?

And that made me laugh about jonothan dubs, i can just imagine it !!!

And pebs post me as much willpower as you can, i will gladly accept.

Do you have any ideas on what type of exersise you reckon i could do, im still walking loads( not helping the knee but keeping the weight at bay a little longer!!!)?

Tracy831 said:
Have just posted a thread on halogen ovens. I dont suppose either of you have ever used one have you?
I just found one on sale in argos and was just wondering if i could cook sw style chips in one like the airfryer/ actifryer thingy, before i invest in one ?

And that made me laugh about jonothan dubs, i can just imagine it !!!

And pebs post me as much willpower as you can, i will gladly accept.

Do you have any ideas on what type of exersise you reckon i could do, im still walking loads( not helping the knee but keeping the weight at bay a little longer!!!)?

Weird! I just ordered one if them too.. I'd imagine u can as its an oven... The one I got bakes, broils, toasts, roasts, steams, basically does everything... Rrp EUR289... Offer price...............EUR85

Dubchick81 said:
Weird! I just ordered one if them too.. I'd imagine u can as its an oven... The one I got bakes, broils, toasts, roasts, steams, basically does everything... Rrp EUR289... Offer price...............EUR85

That is very weird!!!!
The one ive seen in argos is a cookworks one and its £34.99 which is a lot cheaper than the airfryer.

Yeah sus did come back didnt she and now shes gone again.

God yes and smurfy.
Right - oven no I know nothing about them , but I do know there's an offer on from studio 24 for actifry £74 I think it was, it was on the bargain thread.

Exercise- let me look into that one for you

Jonathan sounds like a big old softie so we can keep him I think , sorry I called the pup a ' she'

Chicken recipe posting next , I like the theme idea too. Remember the world trip we did with the different meals for different countries, that was fun.
Ok so I'm gonna start posting weekly losses again cos I think that helped.

What else can I do to help?

SALT & PEPPER CHICKEN
3 chicken breasts
1 onion
4-5 cloves of finely chopped/minced garlic
a bunch of spring onions topped, tails, and chopped into small bits.
3-4 green or red chillis ( I used a tsp red lazy chilli)
a green pepper (I didnt have a green one so I used a red one instead) chopped into small chunks.
sea salt
black pepper

Liberally frylight a wok or large frying pan and heat up.
Add onions and green pepper to pan, and fry over a medium heat so they soften up nicely.
Add garlic, spring onions, chillis to pan and fry for a further minute or so.
Add chicken strips.
Throw several large pinches of sea salt and pepper over the chicken.
Fry the whole bally lot together, stirring repeatedly until the chicken is cooked through.

image-1823322064.jpg

image-2069624736.jpg

Thanks pebs about the exersise any advice would be brill, i think what really knackered it was when we were doing the stair step up challenge i think it just tipped my knee over the edge lol!!!!
But i just feel like i want to do something, might try the wii fit and see what i can do on there but i cant even bend by knee very far its a total pain i ve even started getting a limp whichis not good :(
Must try that salt and pepper chicken it always looks yum xx

Recipe for Lamb Tagine by vintage pockets

A delicious recipe that's easy to prepare and cook.

Serves 2-3

Extra Easy - 0 syns

Ingredients
2 Extra Lean Lamb Steaks, chopped into chunks
1 large Onion, sliced
1 Red Pepper, sliced
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
225ml Chicken Stock
Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
Tin of Mixed Beans
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Bay Leaf
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
Pinch of Saffron
175g dried Couscous
Salt & Pepper
Frylight

Method
1. Prepare the stock and add the saffron and leave to infuse.
2. Fry the onions and peppers in a hot frying pan, sprayed with frylight, until slightly softened. Add the lamb and garlic and seal the meat.
3. Put the lamb, garlic and onions into a large saucepan and add the hot stock, tinned tomatoes, mixed beans, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, ginger, coriander and cumin, and season. Leave to simmer for an hour or until the lamb is cooked through and tender and the liquid reduced by half.
4. Just before serving, prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and season to taste. Remove the bay leaf and cinnamon stick from the tagine and serve.

N.B. Add 9 halved dried Apricots to the saucepan at the beginning of cooking and add 2.5 syns per portion.

Vintage Pockets at 15:02

image-357086734.jpg

That is very weird!!!!
The one ive seen in argos is a cookworks one and its £34.99 which is a lot cheaper than the airfryer.

Yeah sus did come back didnt she and now shes gone again.
Ooh that's a great price :) I feel ripped off now.. Maybe I should have researched it before I bought it.. Oops! This is a "Self Cleaning Multifunctional Halogen Bean Chef Turbo Oven" Advertised as being "Electric Grill, Microwave, Toaster, Stewing Pot, And more." Says you can bake, grill, roast, toast, sear, BBQ, steam, reheat, "etc"
Couldn't tell you tho if they all do that.. Got it on one of them deals sites that Pebs was talking about :)

Jonathan sounds like a big old softie so we can keep him I think , sorry I called the pup a ' she'

Chicken recipe posting next , I like the theme idea too. Remember the world trip we did with the different meals for different countries, that was fun.
Ok so I'm gonna start posting weekly losses again cos I think that helped.
He is a big softie.. And don't worry about calling him a "she" my Dad stilldoes it and he lived with us at our house for the first fore weeks of moving back home.. he's in Jonathan's now tho :( Miss my puppy :(

Thanks pebs about the exersise any advice would be brill, i think what really knackered it was when we were doing the stair step up challenge i think it just tipped my knee over the edge lol!!!!
But i just feel like i want to do something, might try the wii fit and see what i can do on there but i cant even bend by knee very far its a total pain i ve even started getting a limp whichis not good :(
Must try that salt and pepper chicken it always looks yum xx
Tracy what about swimming or water aerobics classes?? That way there's no pressure on your knee?? Or do you need something that can be done at home?

Recipe for Lamb Tagine by vintage pockets

A delicious recipe that's easy to prepare and cook.

Serves 2-3

Extra Easy - 0 syns

Ingredients
2 Extra Lean Lamb Steaks, chopped into chunks
1 large Onion, sliced
1 Red Pepper, sliced
2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
225ml Chicken Stock
Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
Tin of Mixed Beans
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 Bay Leaf
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
Pinch of Saffron
175g dried Couscous
Salt & Pepper
Frylight

Method
1. Prepare the stock and add the saffron and leave to infuse.
2. Fry the onions and peppers in a hot frying pan, sprayed with frylight, until slightly softened. Add the lamb and garlic and seal the meat.
3. Put the lamb, garlic and onions into a large saucepan and add the hot stock, tinned tomatoes, mixed beans, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, ginger, coriander and cumin, and season. Leave to simmer for an hour or until the lamb is cooked through and tender and the liquid reduced by half.
4. Just before serving, prepare the couscous according to the packet instructions and season to taste. Remove the bay leaf and cinnamon stick from the tagine and serve.

N.B. Add 9 halved dried Apricots to the saucepan at the beginning of cooking and add 2.5 syns per portion.

Vintage Pockets at 15:02

View attachment 68834
This looks and sounds amazeballs.. Will definitely be trying this out.. :) Assuming the meat can be changed to chicken or beef???

Yes I did dubs, it's a bit of a hobby of mine!

I'm feeling good about the weigh in, finally time to face the music so to speak, and to see if I've lost anything since Monday when I weighed myself last!!!!

Tracy831 said:
Yes I did dubs, it's a bit of a hobby of mine!

I'm feeling good about the weigh in, finally time to face the music so to speak, and to see if I've lost anything since Monday when I weighed myself last!!!!

Well good luck doll.
Cake is brilliant. Well done u.

Hi de hi guys. Back from work , feeling good too about weigh in so fingers crossed for a loss since Monday. I feel slimmer/ lighter if that's possible.
That cake is amazing trace- we know where to come now.
Just made the salt and pepper chicken for tea, my lot eat in shifts here, other half has to leave by 645 so I do his first then me and kids, but youngest eats at 5 on Wednesday's - oh joy.
So here is today's

image-3944593349.jpg

Swimmings good trace , yea dubs good thinking but I'm hanging on to speak to my 'joint' expert at work for more ideas.

Dubs are you weighing with us tomoro ?
Xxx

Hi de hi guys. Back from work , feeling good too about weigh in so fingers crossed for a loss since Monday. I feel slimmer/ lighter if that's possible.
That cake is amazing trace- we know where to come now.
Just made the salt and pepper chicken for tea, my lot eat in shifts here, other half has to leave by 645 so I do his first then me and kids, but youngest eats at 5 on Wednesday's - oh joy.
So here is today's

View attachment 68908

Swimmings good trace , yea dubs good thinking but I'm hanging on to speak to my 'joint' expert at work for more ideas.

Dubs are you weighing with us tomoro ?
Xxx

Dinner looks delish.. Hope it tasted as good? Gona try it over the weekend :)
Yep.. WI tomoro.. Not feeling hopeful.. Besides all take aways (x3) the weekend by IBS is irritated the last day r 2..
Was at the hospital in July for tests and diagnosis has been confirmed, but doc hasn't been in touch to advise what to do/take to keep it under control.. So I think its time I contacted him.. Why do we wait til we're bothered by something to go find out these things.. If i'd gone sooner, I hopefully wouldn't be suffering..
Oh well.. Will weigh in and record either way..
Had a good day today food wise.. Had toast for brekkie.. scambled egg on toast for lunch.. chicken stir fry n noodles for dinner.. n a hot chocolate in between :)

Back