Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Hi debs

I live in muscat in Oman....very beautiful country but gets a bit hot during the summer months. Home in the UK is surrey and we escape back there for a couple of months so it's bearable. Loads of fresh fruit and veg and fantastic fish. It's just a shame they cover everything in oil or really rich sauces.
I'm the same as you, I don't cook very adventurously out here, the kitchen is a bit of a cave, when I lived in the UK I was always making new recipes and trying new things, who knows when we will leave here and move back home....ooh you got me all homesick now.
Had my eldest son off school the last coup,e of days so decided we are all having a 'boring' dinner, jacket potato with salad. At least I won't be tempted to eat out tonight and can stick to just diet coke.....so want to lose this week.
Hope you find some inspiration.
Xx

Ooh I just looked up some images of Oman on Tripadvisor - some parts look very beautiful.......I'd love to live in the sun but having been in Turkey a few times when it's over 40 degrees I can understand how oppressive it can get.
Are you on the coast?

Well I have been busy since my last post and made the 12 syn sponge cake and filled it with quark sweetened and flavoured with orange essence and put segments of mandarin on the top - have just eaten a slice for 3 syns!!!
Have got the smash based pizza base in the oven to have later with some McCain's rustic chips.......today doesn't feel a diet at all!

Debs154 said:
Ooh I just looked up some images of Oman on Tripadvisor - some parts look very beautiful.......I'd love to live in the sun but having been in Turkey a few times when it's over 40 degrees I can understand how oppressive it can get.
Are you on the coast?

Well I have been busy since my last post and made the 12 syn sponge cake and filled it with quark sweetened and flavoured with orange essence and put segments of mandarin on the top - have just eaten a slice for 3 syns!!!
Have got the smash based pizza base in the oven to have later with some McCain's rustic chips.......today doesn't feel a diet at all!

Hi debs... You are making me hungry.
We live about a five minute drive to the coast and you can see the sea from the roof....I shouldn't moan as we are truly lucky to live in such a beautiful place...but I do miss the greenery of England.
Have a lovely Sunday. X

i'm back! boy oh boy did i have a fab time.
really recommend the spa weekends, i love going and theres only one bad thing about going ----thats coming back.

i didnt have time for breakfast before going saturday, got down there at 1pm and we had an hour long facial then had a beef and horseradish sandwich. and salad. - not too bad so far!
dinner i had steak and chips and then shortbread with vanilla pod ice cream and strawberry sauce. coffee and chocolates ---oops so its looking worse eh?
anyway im back and i had a ball and i'll pop onto scales in the morning because i would like to know the damage caused.

clara lou - dont worry you are so focused it will slip off along with another pound for company. lifestyles can be difficult and we can only do our best and get back onto plan when we can

sarah, oh poppet please dont feel so bad, its all due to a reason and we know what it is and now that goes into the filing cabinet and we shut it. because, i know you will come back fighting and you'll lose that weight plus more . its a long slog but it has to be or it wouldnt stay off. we could all do the quick fixes and the easy option but we all know someone who has done that and lets be honest- has it stayed off??? i bet the answer is no!
this eating plan is flexible enough to be able to pop back onto it in a flash. and if you need a few days to adjust to getting back on plan, then thats fine, you can only do your best and thats enough for me. no point doing it if your mind is elsewhere. its all done now and you can look forward to better things. as debs said - your loss so far is amazing and ive said it to you before, you cant undo all that . i'm so proud of you and well done for putting the weight gain on here, that takes guts but you know something- we arent here to judge and this little family is here for you. xx

well done on the cooking debs, keep at it.

donna and hubby - you two ok?

pebbles 1lb-- total 15lbs :clap:
1stone.jpg

vikky ?--------total 7lbs :clap:
noip9k.jpg

tracy 1lb off -------- total 5lbs :clap:

debs 3lbs --------total 6lbs :clap:
flab2fab 7lbs ----total 25lbs :clap:
1stone.jpg

Jemima ? --total 39lb .:clap:
nmg8li.jpg

thursdays total weight loss this week = 12lbs

friday weighers

kankles ---2.5lbs total 17lbs :clap:
1stone.jpg

donna -----? total 17.0lbs :clap:
1stone.jpg

hubby --- ? total 17.0lbs :clap:

sat weighers

sarahc -----.total 64lbs :clap:
S63.jpg

claralou +1 ----------total 5.5lbs :clap:
timeforachange.? total 7lbs:clap:
noip9k.jpg

total 1 stone lost this week guys, thats fab

Thanks pebbles and debs for your lovely words. This site has really helped and having people like u guys who r so supportive and friendly is a god send. I'm back on track now so maybe I could pay u all back by offering my support again.

Quick question, I had a bean salad thing at spud u like today and I think it had oil in it. Does anyone know the Syn value? X

Thanks pebbles and debs for your lovely words. This site has really helped and having people like u guys who r so supportive and friendly is a god send. I'm back on track now so maybe I could pay u all back by offering my support again.

Quick question, I had a bean salad thing at spud u like today and I think it had oil in it. Does anyone know the Syn value? X

hi chookie, i have done a search and cant find anything on here but hang on. i'll keep trying. xx

hiya can i join in here please. i weigh in at home on a wed. im hoping for more than 1lb loss this week ive had 3 weeks of 1lb. just feel like i need a boost. so ive been doing a few green days. think i mucked it up mind cos i was eating crab stix not realising they arent free. doing a red day today and been fine so far. think ive *week coming up (never know when mine is coming always been allover) but boy am i craving sweet things past few days. think i ate half a blummin pineapple earlier lol yummy though and i was full for ages afterwards xxx:D

Thanks pebbles I think I will just Syn a small amount of oil, only had 8 1/2 syns today anyway.

Welcome Mia, this is an excellent group where everyone is really supportive and friendly.

Good luck with the week ahead everyone x

Glad you had a good time pebbles,my weekend has been spent throwing up along with my 6yr old! Not good ! But did loose 4lbs in one day tho !!!!! Obviously won't stay lost for long !!!!
Just hope rest of kids don't get it.
Welcome MIA this group is great support :)

Glad you had a good time pebbles,my weekend has been spent throwing up along with my 6yr old! Not good ! But did loose 4lbs in one day tho !!!!! Obviously won't stay lost for long !!!!
Just hope rest of kids don't get it.
Welcome MIA this group is great support :)
tracy , that is not a good way to lose weight, you poor thing. hope you are soon on the mend. :sign0137:

well guys, my weekend cost me 3lbs so im gonna have to try real hard to shift 4lb to make a difference to last weeks weigh in, and with only 3 days to go, its a tall order. we live in hope. :rolleyes:
but, hey i had a fab time and its not every weekend and just think how pig sick id feel if 15lbs ago, i had been away and put on 3lbs. so im still in better shape than 7 weeks ago. yippeeedippeeeedooodah

Evening everyone

Where r u all? I have had an ok week but decided to join a group again as my friend I weigh with has given up so I'm gonna join with my mum who is at target. I will b weighing on a Thursday which fits in with the rest of u better.

Hows thing with everyone? Hope ur all having a good week.

Sarah x

Evening everyone

Where r u all? I have had an ok week but decided to join a group again as my friend I weigh with has given up so I'm gonna join with my mum who is at target. I will b weighing on a Thursday which fits in with the rest of u better.

Hows thing with everyone? Hope ur all having a good week.

Sarah x
hi sarah, i dunno whats going on here, i posted about 2 hrs ago to say where is everyone and hows everyone doing, but the post isnt on here. bloomin computers.
anyway im still here and i check the thread about 20zillion times a day. im always about which is very sad but i dont like to post all the time or it will drive everyone crackers. i think im doing ok, lost a lb of that weekend weight so far. easy to put on - hard to shift off!
nice to hear from you. good luck for thursday with mum. xx

I'm here too, usually when I'm tucked up in bed or I can hide for 10 mins from my troops in work!

How u all doing? You all aiming for a good loss this week? I am hoping pebbles can kick my bllleeeeep into action and get me eating more, and lose more!

Am I missing too much SF foods on my EE days? Sometimes I'll have fruit after my meal if I don't fancy veg, but I take into account my portion size when I do this? Just a thought? X

Hi girls.
I'm here...just!!
Just got back from youngest sons swim gala....38 degrees...yuk.
Being good this week and am really feeling it in my clothes, had to change twice this morning as both pairs of trousers that I put on looked like clowns trousers.....just hope the weigh in on Saturday reflects it!!
Xx

Hi
i'm here tooooo and think I've not done too badly this week - 100% until today when I had a big slab of the school cook's left over sticky pudding - she always leaves stuff in the staff room and I usually resist but not today!
Had a couple of red days this week for a change and have used all my syns which I haven't done so far.....hoping for 1lb tomorrow.
Good luck to everyone!

Hi girls.
I'm here...just!!
Just got back from youngest sons swim gala....38 degrees...yuk.
Being good this week and am really feeling it in my clothes, had to change twice this morning as both pairs of trousers that I put on looked like clowns trousers.....just hope the weigh in on Saturday reflects it!!
Xx

thats great clara lou, nothing better than having to change down a size, i love it when something fits that hasnt fitted for a long while.
good luck for saturday CL x

Hi
i'm here tooooo and think I've not done too badly this week - 100% until today when I had a big slab of the school cook's left over sticky pudding - she always leaves stuff in the staff room and I usually resist but not today!
Had a couple of red days this week for a change and have used all my syns which I haven't done so far.....hoping for 1lb tomorrow.
Good luck to everyone!

hi debs, well done on 100% i am well chuffed with that. stay away from the demon dinner lady she is a baddie in disguise.
good luck for the morning debs. x

good luck to everyone this week , lets see if we can top our stone we all lost last week.
i hope donna and the hubster are ok.

so come on girls last few hours and days for us all, walk, dont take that lift, extra glass of water while kettle is boiling. lets kick it buddies x

Back