Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Tracy831 said:
I know what you mean kankles,I'm still off a lot of the food from slimming world, which is not the best thing when you are doing sw !!!
I'm a bit dishartened this week too,my weight seems to be taking ages to disapear !!
The only diet that gave me good results was rosemary conely, but it's so restrictive,as you have to weigh everything, but I am beginning to question if I should do something else ?! X

Right, your turn miss 831! I have found a website for you, a veggie inspiration. I'll have to post the link on my big pc cos can't do it on my iPod. It's full of veg recipes. I think your focus is to concentrate on fruit and veg intake and to plan a couple of days ahead if poss so you're not grabbing at whatever is about. God you need ' you time' and how difficult is that with all you have on your plate- near enough impossible! If I can do anything to help u plan tell me. If you tell me what's in your fridge /cupboards I don't mind helping you plan meals. X

Thanks pebs,will defo take a look at that site sounds good.I have changed what I'm eating so I'll see if that helps.
The thing is I have a cookbook libary but am just at a lost for new inspiration and it's a bit annoying !!!
My 11yr old is cooking dinner today,he is cooking be good to yourself sausages ,mash and cauliflower with gravy then he is doing cookie sandwiches for pud.
I haven't committed to either green or red today so don't know whether to have the sausages and veg( the sausages are 1.5 on red)or do green and have lots of mash and veg and a piece of chicken as me hex b, it would make more sense to do the last one.
Have also brought some more fruit so shall be chommping on that later too. :) x

I'd say go for a green and fill up on mash. I love that we can have potatoes, sweetcorn peas and beans on green cos I think having peas on a red is such waste of a b. Anyway, I was gonna say , I thought u were veggie that's why I've been banging on about veggie recipes and veggie websites . Lol

pebbles67 said:
I'd say go for a green and fill up on mash. I love that we can have potatoes, sweetcorn peas and beans on green cos I think having peas on a red is such waste of a b. Anyway, I was gonna say , I thought u were veggie that's why I've been banging on about veggie recipes and veggie websites . Lol
Hi girls, still having the lovely weather here, sadly im not feeling so lovely. I always do well up to my "ladies week" then it totally disables me with pain & cravings. Im so cross with myself! Had 2 great days wed & thurs, then without the structure of a work day (hols from fri til tues) i just gave in to the cravings. Havent ate today at all (feeling rough) so im gettin up now to make something on plan, mad eating has to stop today as i am not regaining my 8lbs & ive decided im going to do May 100% & see how i go.
Hope everybodys doing ok :) Megs x

Sorry pebs,no I am a carnivor !!!!!! Lol
Although I mostly do green days so am beginning to feel like a veggie !!! :)

Tracy831 said:

I also do green days mostly as im a vegy, mix them up with extra easy days depending how im feelin.
Just had a huge fruit salad with Mullerlight yogurt on top, yum. Summer food :)

Tracy831 said:

Pmsl rofl lol lol lol- where the dickens did I get that from. Ok anyway, I've got a couple of money saving recipes. One is the old favourite -

blancmage/ jelly mousse whatever u wanna call it. Make up a sugar free jelly (60p for twinpack ) to half pint with boiling water, when cool Mix a tub of quark (70p) and pop into fridge. Lovely I've tried the strawberry , orange and raspberry. If you don't have quark use a couple of matching mullers. The mandarin with the orange jelly is nice. And both options are syn free.

Next recipe to follow

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

How's everyone doing?

We've had two of my boyfriends friends stay for the weekend, so i've been making food for everyone (and cakes - although i've kept away from them!) Stuck to plan yesterday and did my own little plate at the bbq, but at lunchtime today i had a white bread roll and 2 digestives, we had loads of bread left and i didnt want to buy brown and throw what we had away. Really hope i can pull it back and have a loss on thursday, please! even just a lb would be good. TOTM came this morning and now i'm really craving chocolate.

Stick at it everyone.

How's your son pebbles?

Tracy you sound like you have a lot to cope with without worrying about dieting, i hope you have a good weigh in this week

Hxx

Thanks pebs will give that a try sounds really nice. X

Thanks miss hp hope the scales are kind to you too !!!! :)

Hi girls, still having the lovely weather here, sadly im not feeling so lovely. I always do well up to my "ladies week" then it totally disables me with pain & cravings. Im so cross with myself! Had 2 great days wed & thurs, then without the structure of a work day (hols from fri til tues) i just gave in to the cravings. Havent ate today at all (feeling rough) so im gettin up now to make something on plan, mad eating has to stop today as i am not regaining my 8lbs & ive decided im going to do May 100% & see how i go.
Hope everybodys doing ok :) Megs x

hope you feeling better soon megs. star week always sends us all off the planet. dont worry too much xx

Hi ladies,

How's everyone doing?

We've had two of my boyfriends friends stay for the weekend, so i've been making food for everyone (and cakes - although i've kept away from them!) Stuck to plan yesterday and did my own little plate at the bbq, but at lunchtime today i had a white bread roll and 2 digestives, we had loads of bread left and i didnt want to buy brown and throw what we had away. Really hope i can pull it back and have a loss on thursday, please! even just a lb would be good. TOTM came this morning and now i'm really craving chocolate.

Stick at it everyone.

How's your son pebbles?

Tracy you sound like you have a lot to cope with without worrying about dieting, i hope you have a good weigh in this week

Hxx

hi there, hes not too bad thanks, hes been sleeping alot which is good.

blooming star week for you as well ! move in with megs!
for that choccie craving, try the silken tofu chocolate pudding mousse. its dead easy and hits the spot and only a few syns depending on what you use (choccie options or cocoa powder)

Argh!! just had crackers and cheese :-( I was hungry after our guests left and too tired to really do anything. That must be soooo many syns :-( 7 wholegrain crackers, healthy A of reduced fat cheddar and a bit of goats cheese.......not going to have a loss thursday now am i.

Hxx

Thanks pebs will give that a try sounds really nice. X

Thanks miss hp hope the scales are kind to you too !!!! :)

yes do cos its honestly scrummy. and you can eat the whole bloomin bowl if you want.

here girlies try this website, its within, 'money saving expert .com website, scroll down and click on the slimming world recipes.
MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - Losing Weight Recipes Collection

tracy - that veggie website is 'monkeypieface' but he has used up his monthly webspace so the website's down at the moment, ill let you know when its back up.

another good website is the morrisons supermarket recipe link. easily adapt the recipes to fit in with sw.
Recipes - Morrisons

and this is the other money conscious recipe- chicken and egg fried rice, found on the 'post your pictures' thread
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1848/barneys-monday-night-rice?countView=false

Last edited:
Argh!! just had crackers and cheese :-( I was hungry after our guests left and too tired to really do anything. That must be soooo many syns :-( 7 wholegrain crackers, healthy A of reduced fat cheddar and a bit of goats cheese.......not going to have a loss thursday now am i.

Hxx

you'll be fine, dont worry about it, move on to tomorrow, its when you carry on that the damage is caused.

Thanks Pebbles, i know i shouldnt have but after entertaing guests all weekend i was just too lazy to make/cook anything, I could have had fruit but my IBS has been bad this evening so i didn't want to have anymore fruit today.

Extra good monday - thursday and fingers crossed i'll get a pound off.

Hxx

Evening everyone!

Well I went out for a meal, after eating Louisiana hot wings & cheesy nachos we went to watch a film at the cinema. We watched Arthur with Russell Brand & Helen Mirram and it was bloody brilliant. I laughed all the way through so I highly recommend this film if anyone has a trip planned to the cinema soon.

Pebbles on a completely different subject in preparation for me restarting on plan, I am thinking of trying out the odd green day as well as red. I thought about trying a cheesy pasta for a green day made up something like this:

71g Philadelphia light (hexb)
Onions
Mushrooms
42g Low Low cheese (hexa)
Pasta spirals

What do you think? I really enjoy pasta but don't like tomato based pasta sauces, if I have pasta, I normally have bolognaise sauce (very beefy) or creamy mushroom or cheese neither of which are SW friendly so if you have any nice pasta recipes hot or cold I'd love to try them out.

X x x

Hi Peebles

I lost 1lb. Yey

Got to rush though my sister is in hospital so I am looking after her kids.

I have my 5 stone award now, how do I get the image for my signature?

Well done everyone by the way ur doing great.

Glad ben is feeling better.

X

well done sarah, so proud of you, to get the sticker for your signature, go onto a thread like' whats for tea tonight' scroll down until u find someone with a 5 stone sticker. hover over it and right click, copy then go to the 'user cp' on left hand side and click 'edit signature' - go down to 2nd box and click paste. then update it and it will pop it into your posts. xx
ps hope your sister is ok

Evening everyone!

Well I went out for a meal, after eating Louisiana hot wings & cheesy nachos we went to watch a film at the cinema. We watched Arthur with Russell Brand & Helen Mirram and it was bloody brilliant. I laughed all the way through so I highly recommend this film if anyone has a trip planned to the cinema soon.

Pebbles on a completely different subject in preparation for me restarting on plan, I am thinking of trying out the odd green day as well as red. I thought about trying a cheesy pasta for a green day made up something like this:

71g Philadelphia light (hexb)
Onions
Mushrooms
42g Low Low cheese (hexa)
Pasta spirals

What do you think? I really enjoy pasta but don't like tomato based pasta sauces, if I have pasta, I normally have bolognaise sauce (very beefy) or creamy mushroom or cheese neither of which are SW friendly so if you have any nice pasta recipes hot or cold I'd love to try them out.

X x x

glad you enjoyed your day, you deserve it. this will make you laugh - so today i wake up, OH goes to make a cup of tea, i have a pee and jump on scales 13 stone dead - lost a lb, then drink my tea and go to the loo (use your imagination!) being silly and larking about OH says blimey you must have lost 3 lb now! (sorry i know this is too much info) but wait for it, i stand on scales and im now 13.2 - what! hows that possible, been to loo, drank a cuppa and put on 2lb in 15 mins- pah! what a load of drivvle. xxx

yes i have pasta dishes - me go find some. xx

Back