Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Hi everybody
I'm back from Turkey - had a great time and weather was great for 4 days out of 6 and with the great weather before I've got a good tan.
Ate lots and lots of salads and although I didn't think about it at the time a lot of meals out there do have a third of the plate filled with salad and veg and all the meat/fish is grilled. Did a lot of walking but sea and pool too cold to swim!

Just weighed in and have only gained 3lbs which I'm really happy about - think I'm retaining some water though as feet still swollen from the flight and especially as I'd really come off plan a few days before I went including having to replace one of my grandchildren's Easter chocolate having eaten a box (yes a box!) of Heroes :eek:

After reading through all the posts on here am feeling inspired to get back into it - so off to Asda today to do a healthy shop - I'm looking at lots of recipes with speed foods on here so going to aim for 5 portions a day at least.

100% for the whole of May sounds good but I'd rather have my targets in smaller chunks - laughing at Tracy and Pebbles who in the space of 2 posts were 100% then ate kebab and Chinese buffet!

Will weigh again in the morning for my official Thursday WI

Glad to hear your son is on the mend Pebbles although I'm sure a crushed ankle will take some time to heal - will he need physio? Thanks for the motivation in such a difficult time - especially when you're not feeling it yourself! :)

Clara lou must be busy with her move - hope it all went well and you're glad to be back hun

Tracy - I don't know how you cope with all those children and different dietary needs! :eek: Get your daughter on SW lol!

Kankles - I truly sympathise with you as with the water retention I now have quite spectacular kankles myself :(

Nice to see the new people active in our group too - but I'm finding it hard to keep up now :confused: - Hello MissHP again and hello to Megs and Sophie - I've probably missed some - sorry - blame it on the lack of sleep from the (delayed grr) night flight :(

Good luck for this weeks WI everyone!

Last edited:
hi sophie, you can get another book on ebay but theyre expensive, or if you look on here, type in the search b choices for example and you should get loads of ideas.

Thank you :) I'll have a look. I can't find mine anywhere, who knows what I've done with it! I'll try my best until I can get another so fingers crossed for weigh in tomorrow!

I've just had 2 weetabix & a banana for brekkie with my morning coffee!!

I'm planning on a jacket potato with cottage cheese & chives for tea with a big salad :) and I think I'll have some ryvita for lunch :)

Welcome back debs,glad u had a lovely time .
The whole kebeb thing was all the other halfs fault,if I'd have said no then he would have said he wasn't gonna eat etc,etc,so it was just easier to go along with him !
And in the end he didn't eat his anyway !!!!
I was feeling bad tho for agreeing to 100% then doing that but then I saw pebs had had a chinese and felt a bit better !!!!

I was 100% on Saturday and also yesterday and am aiming for it today as well, I just hope it shows tommorow !! Xx :)

Ok so I did alot of new things yesterday, I made speed soup and had 2 bowls of it, really nice but 24hrs on and I could play rule Britannia as a one woman band - kankles I know you and Tracy will be sniggering at that one. It made a huge pan full and will be freezing some for later. I might also add some quorn chicken pieces to it to make like a casserole, hot pot, hot is not a lie!
Second I made some vanilla syn free ice cream, with my Ice cream maker and it was delicious but I am dying to try flavours cos it was a little lacking in the toffee and rum department.lol.
Thirdly I made the magic porridge - scrum tiddlyyum. Give it a go if you haven't.
Basically add a muller any flavour ( can use other low fat yogs) to 28g porridge oats ( a b choice) mix really well and place in fridge overnight. When you take it out in morning it will be creamy and yum. You can eat it warm or cold I preferred it cold as it was too sweet wen warm. Only blitz it for a few seconds at a time until u get it right cos if too hot yog will spoil. I used passion fruit and mango yog and it was really nice. Tonight I'm gonna try it with all bran cos you can have 42g.

Pebs I was already laughing before I saw you said me and kankles would!!! That is too funny !!!!

I haven't had lunch today but for dinner just now I had a hm pork and apple burger(do I have to syn the apple?),a dry fried egg,mushrooms,2slices of nimble(hex b),28g cheese (hex a)and 2tbsp of ketchup(2syns).
Bit of a mixture but at least I didn't eat the hash browns and onion rings that hubby had :)

Hoping to see a loss tommorow and hope the kebab ain't stuffed it up !!!!

Good luck everyone for the morning and keep playing them tunes pebs !!!!!!!! Xx

Pebs I was already laughing before I saw you said me and kankles would!!! That is too funny !!!!

I haven't had lunch today but for dinner just now I had a hm pork and apple burger(do I have to syn the apple?),a dry fried egg,mushrooms,2slices of nimble(hex b),28g cheese (hex a)and 2tbsp of ketchup(2syns).
Bit of a mixture but at least I didn't eat the hash browns and onion rings that hubby had :)

Hoping to see a loss tommorow and hope the kebab ain't stuffed it up !!!!

Good luck everyone for the morning and keep playing them tunes pebs !!!!!!!! Xx

god i know you so well, i really think if we lived nearby you me and kankles with our similar sense of humour would be out and about as sw buddies. that would be a nightmare though cos we'd be eating kebabs and chinese in corners everywhere giggling.

apples in burgers nah! i wouldnt syn it. defo not, im sure some would but not me. well done on these last couple of days and pulling it back , good luck for tomorrow.

what happened to the boot camp rules ?? i posted them last night and theyre not here. i'll put em on again.

rooting for all you thursday peeps. come on gals xxx

Evening ladies, how are you all doing?

Welcome back Debs, sounds like you had a lovely holiday.

Pebbles - the speed soup has the same effect on me :eek: i have to stay behind my boyfriend when we go out for walks and let sneaky ones out :bolt:

Tracy - I wouldn't count the apple in it, but i know some people would say thats breaking the rules, but its not like you had a whole bag of apples in it.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone!

Hxx

Well done miss hp,good luck for wi tommorow x

Pebs the Chinese kebab chommping in corners brings to mind all sorts of scenarios lol !!!!!
Definatly would be sw buds :)

Argh I've just realised I have a wedding to go to in just over 3 weeks!! When I had the invite i thought 'I'll have lost a about a stone by then and will feel ok' and because i lost the plot i wont have :-( Need a new outfit to wear and dont want to look like a lump of lard :-(

Do you think i could get 7lbs off in 3 weeks??????

Hxx

I've had another 100% day as well, but I got no exercise in, so am not too hopeful for tomorrow's WI - snail's would crawl off me faster than this fat - and I'm being so good. The only thing is that I'm refusing to be bad, because I keep thinking that if I mess up I won't have any excuse when I don't lose! Long may it last!

Sophie,I have found a spare copy of the red/green day food optimising book from 2009,I still use one from 2008 so I don't think it matters if it's a bit old.
But it's yours if you want it,just pm your address and I'll post it :)

I'm sure miss hp if you try and be 100%till then you could be pretty close to a loss of 7lbs if not just try your best anything you do loose will be a bonus :)

Another 100% day for me, extra easy with 6 syns. No gym tonight, so im having a lazy wee nite flipping thru magazines. Think i will go for a bath before bed, sort my food out & get a reasonably early night. I don't know how you girls do it balancing SW & kids!!
Good Luck for tomoro every1, i'm predicting a STS for me, due to those 2 wee days at the start of my star week. But... If i stick at the 100% then next week should b a loss, :-D
Megs x

Thanks Tracy - going to try my hardest to be 100% on plan.

Please ladies give me a kick if i sound like im going to be bad! I'm looking forward to seeing my friend getting married :love047: but i'm already having the 'i haven't got anything to wear' 'i look sooo fat in everything' 'i feel horrible' thoughts :cry:

Good luck for weigh in everyone. Megs I only have work and slimming world to juggle (hopefully children one day).

Can i be nosy and ask - Are you boyfriends/husbands at a healthy weight? Mine is, he's perfectly toned (not big muscley body builder type) but fit and toned, no fat on him, yet he eats like a horse! He doesnt eat sweets, crisps, etc and we dont have ready meals or takeaways, but there's not an ounce of fat on him if i even ate half the amount he does i would definately put weight on - i'm sure sniffing bread alone makes me put on 2lb!! Do you think some people just have a better metabolism than others?

Hxx

My husband is very overweight as well, and it's funny because our daughter and our dog are really slim - we look like we eat all their food.

But my husband has a huge appetite - and eats all around him. Literally, everything that's around him, be it fruit or chocolate. Hopefully though having his meals healthier will have a positive impact on his weight too.

Hi Sus Murf, Yeah you making meals on plan will definately help your husband to lose weight too. Would he follow Slimming World totally with you? Could be good motivation to do it together.

Night all, good luck for weigh in!

Hxx

pebbles67 said:
Ok so I did alot of new things yesterday, I made speed soup and had 2 bowls of it, really nice but 24hrs on and I could play rule Britannia as a one woman band - kankles I know you and Tracy will be sniggering at that one. It made a huge pan full and will be freezing some for later. I might also add some quorn chicken pieces to it to make like a casserole, hot pot, hot is not a lie!
Second I made some vanilla syn free ice cream, with my Ice cream maker and it was delicious but I am dying to try flavours cos it was a little lacking in the toffee and rum department.lol.
Thirdly I made the magic porridge - scrum tiddlyyum. Give it a go if you haven't.
Basically add a muller any flavour ( can use other low fat yogs) to 28g porridge oats ( a b choice) mix really well and place in fridge overnight. When you take it out in morning it will be creamy and yum. You can eat it warm or cold I preferred it cold as it was too sweet wen warm. Only blitz it for a few seconds at a time until u get it right cos if too hot yog will spoil. I used passion fruit and mango yog and it was really nice. Tonight I'm gonna try it with all bran cos you can have 42g.

Hey windy pops!!! Lmao! The famous soup strikes again! Your bed covers will need tying down tonight ha ha!!

You know what, I'm the same on green days, not sure if it's the pasta or what but I know I always feel a little windy!!!

So an ok ish day for me, didn't go off plan as such but could have made better choices. Bacon & egg wholemeal butty for lunch, then banana followed by low fat super noodles for dinner? Hmmm what day would you call that? Sounds a bit messed up to me!

So did anyone have any thoughts on my post last night about my targets? Answers on a postcard plz.

Nice to see you back Debs you lucky thing, you know what I really fancy a holiday right about now. Hmmm White sand, hot sun, mai tai oh yeeesss

another 100% day for me too.
breakfast - magic porridge with oats (b choice) and mullerlite, 1 slice toast(1/2 b) and poached egg
lunch - speed soup, apple, bit of macaroni cheese left over from last night, ww crisps (4 syns) mini milky way (3.5syns)
dinner - jacket potato with 42g low fat low low grated(a choice) with chopped spring onion and extra light mayo (2 syns), barneys rice (see recipe) with small amount of shredded chicken (other 1/2 of b)
strawberry syn free mousse.

snack - 2 ww tomato and basil biscuits (4syns) with roquefort cheese (a choice).

you have to try the barneys rice its dead easy and lovely.

fry light
1 egg, beaten with about 2 tbsp water
1 onion , chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 heaped tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
a large handful of frozen peas(about 85g/3oz)
250g leftover cold cooked rice (any type) or a 250g pouch of ready cooked rice
175g cooked chicken or pork , shredded into strips
a good splash of soy sauce

1. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a highish heat.spray with fry light Pour in the beaten egg, swoosh it around the pan and leave it to set for a minute. Flip it over like a pancake and let it cook for a minute more on the otherside, then tip it out flat on to a plate.
  2. respray the pan. Tip in the onion and sizzle for 3-4 minutes until it's starting to brown, then stir in the garlic, curry powder and ketchup. Add the peas and cook for a minute or two until they start to defrost. Tip in the rice, cooked meat and a glass of water (100ml/31⁄2fl oz) and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring as you go, until everything's piping hot and the rice has taken on the colour of the curry powder.
  3. While your rice is frying, shred the omelette into long strips. Toss the omelette and soy sauce through the rice and cook for a moment more. Scoop the rice on to plates straight from the pan and serve with extra soy sauce for sprinkling over.
phones playing up will pop picture on asap

Back