Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

pebbles67 said:
hi no, havent seen her anywhere on here. hopes she ok.
loving your new piccy. glad you liked barneys rice. what you got tonight?
ive had poached eggs on toast with bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes, just had a pear and tonight weve got chicken breasts dont know with what yet.

Thanks about the piccy !!
Tonight I am doing chicken kebabs,pitta bread(synned of course),roast new potatoes with baby onions,salad and some fat free garlic sauce and can't wait !!!!

This morning I had a fruit salad,then when I got back from the playgroup trek I had the little bit of barney rice and now eating an apple :)

How's Ben ???
Xxxx

just watched 'this morning' and they had a lovely syn free recipe for picnic or a barbecue side dish or just light lunch.

Lamb moussaka rolls

syn free if using cheese as hea, and frylight, and serving 2 people

Makes 8
Ingredients
2 large aubergines
6 tbsp olive oil, for brushing - use fry light to make it syn free

For the filling
1 small onion, finely chopped
fry light
400g ground lamb
2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp mild chilli powder
½ tsp oregano
Small bunch of fresh parsley, leaves only, finely chopped
2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
56g Parmesan cheese, grated

To serve
300g fat free natural yoghurt
1 tbsp chopped mint

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 6.

2. Thinly slice the aubergines lengthways, about half a cm in thickness. You should have 8–10 slices.
3. Arrange the slices on a baking tray and brush/spray generously with oil. Place in the oven and roast for 10 minutes, until soft and golden. Remove from the oven
and allow to cool.

4. In a large frying pan, sauté the onion in frylight for two minutes, until soft.
5. Add the lamb and cook for a further 4–5 minutes, stirring to brown on all sides. Add the tomatoes, cumin, paprika, chilli and oregano, and season to taste.
6. Simmer for 10 minutes, until any liquid has mostly evaporated and the mixture is thick. Remove from the heat, stir in the fresh parsley and allow to cool.
7. Preheat the grill to medium/high.
8. Take a cooled slice of aubergine, place a spoonful of the filling on one end, and carefully roll it up.
9. Arrange the aubergine rolls seam side down on a grill pan. Place a slice of tomato, or half a slice if that fits better, on top of each roll, and sprinkle with the
Parmesan. Grill for about 2 minutes, until the cheese is golden.

To serve
Place the yoghurt in a bowl and mix with the mint. Serve with the moussaka rolls, straight from the grill, and salad.

Watermelon and cherry tomato salad

Ingredients
For the salad
½ medium watermelon, peeled and cut into chunky cubes
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
Small bunch of fresh mint, leaves only

200g feta cheese, crumbled
100g almonds, lightly toasted and crushed
1 teaspoon toasted sesame--------syn if used.

Method
1. Combine the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.

2. Mix together the other ingredients and sprinkle on top of the salad.

try it ladies it looked gorgeous

Thanks about the piccy !!
Tonight I am doing chicken kebabs,pitta bread(synned of course),roast new potatoes with baby onions,salad and some fat free garlic sauce and can't wait !!!!

This morning I had a fruit salad,then when I got back from the playgroup trek I had the little bit of barney rice and now eating an apple :)

How's Ben ???
Xxxx
oh yum what time do you want me, fat free garlic sauce - oooh can i have the recipe please.
bens not good actually thanks for asking. i sent him to school friday mainly cos i have no help nearby and i had to work 930-530. but also he wanted to go and try it. anyway it was too much for him and he spent the weekend at his dads in pain and very tired. he woke up at 1130 today and i have to leave him to go to work for 3 hrs but im hoping he'll be ok.

Hey all how is everyone?
I'm finding it quite easy to stay on track so far but its only week 1 for me :) nervous for thursday hoping to lose a lot as have been 100% on the plan :) which is quite hard as I am currently working part time in a sweet shop :( haha
Xx

Hey all how is everyone?
I'm finding it quite easy to stay on track so far but its only week 1 for me :) nervous for thursday hoping to lose a lot as have been 100% on the plan :) which is quite hard as I am currently working part time in a sweet shop :( haha
Xx
hiya, im sure youll have a nice loss thursday. glad youre enjoying your first week.

Hey
Hopefully your right :) I'd be happy with 3lb or above, so fingers crossed
X

pebbles67 said:
oh yum what time do you want me, fat free garlic sauce - oooh can i have the recipe please.
bens not good actually thanks for asking. i sent him to school friday mainly cos i have no help nearby and i had to work 930-530. but also he wanted to go and try it. anyway it was too much for him and he spent the weekend at his dads in pain and very tired. he woke up at 1130 today and i have to leave him to go to work for 3 hrs but im hoping he'll be ok.

Sorry to hear bens not feeling so good,it's hard to see ur kids in that much pain :(

The garlic sauce is just fat free Greek yog mixed with a garlic clove and a sprinkle of dried mint and a little sweetner, nothing special !

I have the chicken marinating in some korma paste :)

Hiya!

Here is the recipe for the mexican rice. It was a ww recipe but I changed it to make it a bit tastier (and it's still syn free! :D)

low fat cooking spray
quorn pieces
1 onion chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped & deseeded
1 carrot chopped finely
2 garlic cloves (or garlic granuels work fine)
1 tsp paprika
pinch of chilli flakes
1 tsp dried rosemary
6oz (175g) brown basmati rice (although long grain works fine too)
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 can of red kidney beans in chilli sauce
salt & pepper

Lightly coat a casserole dish with low fat cooking spray and brown the quorn pieces with the onion, pepper and carrot and fry for 4-5 mins

Stir in the garlic, spices, rosemary, and rice and fry for 1 minute, add the tomatoes and 350ml (12 fl oz) boiling water

Season well, bring to a simmer and cover. Reduce the heat to a very low setting and cook for 15 mins.

Stir in the kidney beans and cook for another 5 - 10 minutes

Enjoy :) It does make enough for 4 good portions, I like it with wedges, corn on the cob and a dollop of pretend sour cream! (Fromage frais with salt & pepper and garlic!!)

Hi all,

How has your day been?

Sorry to hear your son is in so much pain pebbles, I hope his pain eases soon.

Rhi08 that must be so tempting working in a sweet shop, well done for being 100% on plan.

Mmm there's some nice recipes going backwards and forwards on this thread at them mo :)

Well the evening course - making sugar flowers, that i was supposed to start today was cancelled as not enough people enrolled. So i finished work at 5:30 straight home and decided tonight was a good time to start my 6 week race for life jogging plan training. My boyfriend is a fit as a fiddle but bless him he's doing it with me. first session was 3 mins walking and then 3 mins jogging repeated 5 times (believe me when you're not fit 15mins of jogging feels like hard work!) and on top of that we did an extra 30mins walking (we really paced it out when we were walking). I got home bright red face and sweaty, my boyfriend didnt even look like he had done anything! :character00115:

I wasn't going to have syns today to make up for the weekend, but then decided i'd probably struggle if i didnt have any and would find it harder to be on plan. I've had 8 though so still a few to go towards the weekend. I'll try and have a low syn day tomorrow.

Hx

Race for life sounds good MissHP, i would like to do something like that. very worthwhile. I did part of the marathon last year for Cancer.
I'm at work this afternoon, booo! :-( haha.
Weather today has been awful, such thunder & lightening & rain, rain, rain! Went for my run this morning & got caught in the monsoon conditions, i think or at least hope it made me run faster to get home, managed 4K, not a lot, but as Tesco say "every little helps" :-D
Off for some SW lunch now,
Have a good evening girls,
Megs xx

We had one rumble of thunder today, but that was it lol

Whereabouts are you from/do you live Megs? Sorry if i've missed it in a post.

Hxx

Alright all - fierce movement here today altogether - am loving the idea of garlic sauce - I'll be trying that the next time I do SW chips.

I've had a pretty good day - behaved myself food wise and did my Wii Active this evening. Also had my superspeed soup - it was quite tasty! Am tired now though - hubby wasn't home till late, so dinner was at 10:00!

Hello everyone. Just piping my head in to check how we all are. Got to be up extra extra early tomorrow (5am-5:30 god help me) for a meeting. I'm am not a morning person at all so I will be zombified for the first few hrs of my day!!

Anyway had a scrummy dinner, cheesey pasta bake kankles style!!!

Serves 3
210g spiral pasta
1 pack colmans 4 cheese sauce (6.5syns + hexa)
213g philladelphia light with chives (hexb on green only)
126g grated Kerry low low cheese (hexa)

1. Cook pasta
2. Once past nearly cooked, Make up contents of the colmans four cheese sauce as per instructions in separate saucepan
3. Once cooked Add the philladelphia to the colmans cheese sauce simmer for 2-3 mins more
4. Drain pasta and poor into the cheese sauce
5. Poor into an overproof dish (I used individual serving ones)
6. Sprinkle Kerry low low cheese on top
7. Place under grill until cheese starts to brown slightly
8. Tuck in

Good way to get your hex's into 1 meal lol but bloody lovely and cheesy

Haha I just read my first sentence "just piping my head in" I sound like that police man off allo allo!!!! I meant popping of course!!! Rotfl

Ok so far this week i have been working out on my cross trainer and using the Wii fit and today I signed up to a local gym with a friend :) going tomorrow for an introduction and first work out there :character00115: haha. Thought signing up with a friend would give me the motivation to keep going. Hopefully it will go well :D

P.s kankles That cheesey pasta bake sounds yummy :) May have to give it a try.

Haha I just read my first sentence "just piping my head in" I sound like that police man off allo allo!!!! I meant popping of course!!! Rotfl

i think we might just have to start a thursday weigh in recipe thread so we can find recipes easily kanks xx

pebbles67 said:
i think we might just have to start a thursday weigh in recipe thread so we can find recipes easily kanks xx

Fire away boot camp leader! You're the best at this!!!!

Rhi08 said:
Ok so far this week i have been working out on my cross trainer and using the Wii fit and today I signed up to a local gym with a friend :) going tomorrow for an introduction and first work out there :character00115: haha. Thought signing up with a friend would give me the motivation to keep going. Hopefully it will go well :D

P.s kankles That cheesey pasta bake sounds yummy :) May have to give it a try.

Oooohh it was, it tasted dead naughty!!! Would have been nice with the Mexican cheese melted into the four cheese sauce but god knows how many syns that is!!

Hi all,
Miss HP, i'm from the Cairngorm region of Scotland :)
I have been working this evening & have just finished up a few hours ago. Just posted my food diary for today, pop over any of you & have a wee look. i am abit concerned when i work odd hours that i don't eat enough or that eating at odd hours will affect my weight loss. its something that i can't control however, so i just try & make the most of it and have faith in the plan.
I would just appreciate any thoughts any of you might have.
Thanks guys :-D
Megs x

Morning ladies!
Mmmm that salad looks lovely Pebs - I've been mad on salads since I got back - can't be a bad thing - might pop (or pipe Kanks) into Morrisons today and get their Feta and some of their 1 syn sausages too.

Great new pic Trace! Whit whooo!

Gosh some of you ladies are very active - I must admit I'm rubbish at the exercise part - although a bit of Pebs Spa Body Magic wouldn't go amiss ;)

Doing quite well this week although a jar of Nutella nearly tipped me over the edge - had to give it to my grandchildren!

On a First Aid course today so hoping the buffet will have lots of salads and fruit on it!

Clara lou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come back we miss you!

Back