Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

*Sophie* said:
Mmm, that porridge sounds yummy :) I don't think I have porridge oats in but I'll definitely try that!!

I really liked it sophie,I always use banana and custard muller,and in the morning add a sprinkle of cinamon and a chopped nana
And it's better cold I think as some people warm it in the micro :)

Hi all,

How are you all doing?

Sophie well done on resisting in starbucks, you always have to queue along side the cakes don't you and they just look at you. I went into starbucks on sunday to meet a friend (who never turned up) I had a reg sized soya latte with a sugar free vanilla shot - 3.5syns i think.

Megs i thought you lived abroad when you said last night 'going for lunch now' :) I thought hmm now where in the world is it about lunch time........she must live in America or something :)

One more full day until weigh in.....I think i'm in for a gain this week :cry: I know i'm useless.

Hxx

Ooh i'm going to try magic porridge soon too. I like normal porride but this sounds so much quicker for a work day x

Great thank you Debs x
I try to vary what i eat because you get tired with the same old thing. I am off for the weekend this Saturday, but i might try & sort out some recipes. I like to cook, just don't have a huge pile of time to, especially working these hours. Also its getting the peace & quiet in the kitchen to get cooking without someone wanting to use the oven, cooker or whatever.
I think there is a nice wee cookbook for SW, i must have a look when i'm next on.

lol Miss HP i was actually raised in Belmont, California, but i have lived in this part of Scotland since i moved over to do my degree. So all in all i have been here for a while now. Probably the reason why i have stayed after finishing my studies was that i met & fell in love with my other half here. He is from Ireland & was studying over here also.
My folks moved to Portland, so i go there now when i visit, but the bay area of San Francisco is still home for me x

Megs said:
lol Miss HP i was actually raised in Belmont, California, but i have lived in this part of Scotland since i moved over to do my degree. So all in all i have been here for a while now. Probably the reason why i have stayed after finishing my studies was that i met & fell in love with my other half here. He is from Ireland & was studying over here also.
My folks moved to Portland, so i go there now when i visit, but the bay area of San Francisco is still home for me x

I think I should have been born in America ,I would love to live there :)

Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone can help - I'm trying to take Pebbles advice and mix up my days - I've done all EE so far. The dinner I have picked out is best suited to red, so I'm going to try that - so how would this menu for tomorrow fit in with the profile:

Breakfast: Magic porridge, grapefruit

Lunch: BLT on brown (I've found a recipe on the SW website that's free on a red day), some fruit.

Dinner: Italian stuffed chicken breasts (5.5 syns) - served with salad??

Snacks: Muller light, fruit.

If I'm right, I would have 2 hex b's - the porridge and the bread for the sandwich, and one hex a - milk for coffee.

You were indeed MissHP :)
Tracy - i love my life here now, but i do miss home sometimes, especially my mom & dad & my little sis Caity. But we Skype regularly & i visit pretty often.
Growing up as a kid in California i had the ultimate sunshine upbringing we were always messing around in the pool & running around outside because the weather was always great. 1 of the things i hate about scotland esp in winter is that its sooo cold. I recently completed my UK citizenship tests so i dont know if that means i am subconsciously planning to settle here or if in time i may move home. im 27, so there is still time.
I definately think living in a cold climate has contributed to my weight gain, california lifestyle is very active, much more outdoor activity & also the pressure to look a certain way is alot more. so my sister & i always had bikini bodies, Caity still does! & my mom is in great shape, so its just me that isn't! but....i am back on track now & am feeling very determined, although my starting weight 12 stone 7 isn't really that heavy, (i am 5 foot 7.5 inches tall), in so many shops clothes were just not fitting & its so upsetting. Really clothes manufacturers & the fashion industry have so much to answer for!
well thats my wee rant done lol. just had some delicious fruit salad for my tea break.
Oh & if any of you want something to giggle about later on just imagine a mad american in chilly scotland with her fleece on marching up and down the bottom 2 steps of her stairs holding 2 cans of baked beans at 3am after she finishes work!! lol.

Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone can help - I'm trying to take Pebbles advice and mix up my days - I've done all EE so far. The dinner I have picked out is best suited to red, so I'm going to try that - so how would this menu for tomorrow fit in with the profile:

Breakfast: Magic porridge, grapefruit

Lunch: BLT on brown (I've found a recipe on the SW website that's free on a red day), some fruit.

Dinner: Italian stuffed chicken breasts (5.5 syns) - served with salad??

Snacks: Muller light, fruit.

If I'm right, I would have 2 hex b's - the porridge and the bread for the sandwich, and one hex a - milk for coffee.

hiya perfect susmurf, thats great. but whats the 5.5 syns for in the chicken, whats it stuffed with. also if theres any cheese in there you can use another hex a. cos you can have 2 a's and 2 b's if you want to. me and debs do red and greens oh, and tracy too cos we dont feel we lose as much on ee. plus we like the extra hex's

Megs said:
You were indeed MissHP :)
Tracy - i love my life here now, but i do miss home sometimes, especially my mom & dad & my little sis Caity. But we Skype regularly & i visit pretty often.
Growing up as a kid in California i had the ultimate sunshine upbringing we were always messing around in the pool & running around outside because the weather was always great. 1 of the things i hate about scotland esp in winter is that its sooo cold. I recently completed my UK citizenship tests so i dont know if that means i am subconsciously planning to settle here or if in time i may move home. im 27, so there is still time.
I definately think living in a cold climate has contributed to my weight gain, california lifestyle is very active, much more outdoor activity & also the pressure to look a certain way is alot more. so my sister & i always had bikini bodies, Caity still does! & my mom is in great shape, so its just me that isn't! but....i am back on track now & am feeling very determined, although my starting weight 12 stone 7 isn't really that heavy, (i am 5 foot 7.5 inches tall), in so many shops clothes were just not fitting & its so upsetting. Really clothes manufacturers & the fashion industry have so much to answer for!
well thats my wee rant done lol. just had some delicious fruit salad for my tea break.
Oh & if any of you want something to giggle about later on just imagine a mad american in chilly scotland with her fleece on marching up and down the bottom 2 steps of her stairs holding 2 cans of baked beans at 3am after she finishes work!! lol.

As sus murf said your OH must be someone really special to trade California for Scotland !!!! Xxxxx

right bootcampers - my rules stats

- eaten superspeed fruits today - melon, watermelon, strawberries, apples, plum and banana

- new recipe - tried the watermelon/feta/ mint and tomato salad - the combination really works, its gorgeous. plus did a new quiche; tuna and cheese. lovely

Thanks a million Pebbles, doing it online, it's not so easy see what's what with red and green - I think I need to get some sort of book!! These are the ingredients for the chicken breasts. It serves 4 - I presume the olive oil contributes to the syns and maybe the mozzarella??

4 x 113g/4oz chicken breasts, boned and skinned
salt & freshly ground black pepper
4 thin slices Parma ham
57g/2oz reduced fat mozzarella, cut into 4 thin slices
4 cooked or canned asparagus spears
3 tbsp olive oil
113ml/4floz chicken stock made with Bovril
57ml/2floz dry white wine
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley or chives

Thanks a million Pebbles, doing it online, it's not so easy see what's what with red and green - I think I need to get some sort of book!! These are the ingredients for the chicken breasts. It serves 4 - I presume the olive oil contributes to the syns and maybe the mozzarella??

4 x 113g/4oz chicken breasts, boned and skinned
salt & freshly ground black pepper
4 thin slices Parma ham
57g/2oz reduced fat mozzarella, cut into 4 thin slices
4 cooked or canned asparagus spears
3 tbsp olive oil
113ml/4floz chicken stock made with Bovril
57ml/2floz dry white wine
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley or chives

ok so the mozarella is 57g between 4 breasts. you can have 28g as a hexa, so its only half your allowance. the oil would be syned yes (can you not use frylight instead and make the oil part syn free or does it not look possible) the wine would be syns too. but yes follow the recipe and count the syns so you know where you are and then you can still add in another cheese or milk choice someone in the day.
youre doing really well. xx

Thanks Pebbles - I had a really, really horrible day, heard things that literally made me cry. I didn't steer completely away from comfort food - I did give in and have a mini kit kat, but I stayed within my syns and resisted all other urges. And this morning I was really disorganised and didn't have time for breakfast before I left, but I grabbed 2 Alpen lights and a banana on the way out instead of stopping for a sausage roll. So in one day I managed to deal with emotional issues and my standard disorganisation without ruining my diet!

And of course, I have learned my lesson - my magic porridge is in the fridge, and my lunch is packed and ready to go!

Ah yes ladies - my Ryan is worth every chilly morning. You know in the movies you get that sweep you off your feet love, well thats what happened me. and before that believe me i was the biggest synic! of course i believed love existed, just not that fairytail kind xx.
Plus we go back to the states really often, just the flights to pay for as the accomodation is usually free (staying with friends/family).
My little sister lives in Texas with her other half which is miles from mom & dad, so mom really does miss us terribly. im not sure how she will cope if grandkids ever come into the mix.
Christmas is usually fun, we spend some Christmas with Ryans family in Ireland & some with mine, last Christmas we had our 1st one here with our friends/neighbours.
ok today for my fruits i had apple, melon, banana & strawberries. Im going to get some supplies tomorrow & will pick up some blueberries.
New food wise i will try the porridge & prob a recipe from the SW magazine, not sure which 1 yet. and of course you already know that i will be doing my stair marching later on lol.

Last edited:
pebbles67 said:
Right you two reprobates, you are in so much trouble now! Drop and give me 10 push ups, and 3 scan brand with no water . Magic porridge mrs kanklefandankle is 28g of porridge oats or muesli mixed in a pot with a low fat yogurt and placed in fridge overnight with a lid on. In the morning the porridge has expanded and you are left with a creamy flavoured yumminess. I've tried it with mandarin, mango and banana yogurt it's yum. I've tried porridge, muesli and all bran x

Woops!!! Sowwy!!!

I read about your magic porridge and thought ok so it doesn't sound too bad, and then deb goes yuk!!!! Lmao. I'm a fussy one you know, but I will give it a go !

Rubbish day with my fruit today, got in zilch!!! Tomorrow will be better. Did you know pineapple is good for kidney stones or inflammation? I read it on tinternet last night. As I have arthritis this will be my fruit from now on!!!

Only just finished work 10 mins back, been at it since 7am this morning, I'm so tired & I've just realised iveclimbed into bed with my contacts in....not good!!!! Off to take them out.

Back