Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Kankles said:
Yes love mushrooms! Hope I've got some in. X

Good, good. I'm a big mushroom fan! It might sound weird but boiled potatoes, thinly sliced & fried/toasted are really nice with a cooked breakfast also :)

Fried potato is such an Irish thing for breakfast!!

And just for the record - mushrooms are the devils own invention.

Kankles, I often have fruit with a yogurt over for brekkie.

Megs said:
Good, good. I'm a big mushroom fan! It might sound weird but boiled potatoes, thinly sliced & fried/toasted are really nice with a cooked breakfast also :)

Yes my mam always used to make my dad fried slices pots from the tatties left over from Sunday dinner. They are yummy.

Quick question for you pebbles - just in case you're checking in today - I'm planning on trying that watermelon salad - I'm just wondering how many servings you got from the recipe - and also do you think it would keep overnight, or does it need to be prepared fresh??

smurfy, gosh i am so sorry i havent had chance to get on here been busy with bbq and just managed to log on and i guess its too late for your answer. but in case not, i used a pack of ready chunked water melon from tesco, half a slab of feta, about 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half and a handful of mint leaves chopped. made a bowl ful enough for 4 or maybe more as a side salad. i made some today and theres some left so i'll have some for lunch tomorrow.

Thanks pebbles

Completed it in 1 hour 25 mins. I feel great like I've really achieved something. Im gonna do it again next and plan to run all the way.

Good luck with weigh ins this week

X
congratulations, thats great xx

Hi lovely ladies,

Sorry i haven't been on here all weekend. I didnt feel very well friday evening, so spent the evening laying on the sofa doing nothing. But since then have been a busy bee over the weekend.

I made a mexican feast for my boyfriend and i last night, all low syn or no syn :) It was very yummy :)

Today we had lunch out and although i really wanted to be bad I wasn't and i had jacket potato and salad. I did have one bite of his coffee and walnut cake (i didnt have a pudding though just a peppermint tea) any ideas how many syns i need to count for that one bite?

Tomorrow I'm meeting a couple of friends at the harvester after work, but i think it should be fairly easy to pick something on plan. Do you think if i have steak and salad (not the mayo/dressed stuffed) then i would just have to count some syns incase they cover in oil before they grill it?

Hope you're all having a lovely sunday.

Pebbles - Boot camp rule. I have a friends wedding a week on friday. I have a dress that i want to wear, it fits but i feel my tummy looks too big in it, so feel uncomfortable on it. So thats the outfit that i want to try on again in two weeks (well just less than that).

Rhio8 - I will tray and plan then next days meals the night before :)

Tracy - hope you enjoyed your off plan Indian, and had a lovely birthday.

Hxx
difficult to say about your cake, id probably allow 5-7 syns to be safe.

Hey everyone, I've been quiet all weekend as well, but I don't think I was very busy. To be quite honest, I can't remember right now what I did. Except a funeral for a 9 year old boy today, that was pretty horrific.

I think I'm finally getting the hang of these red days - it suits me nicely as I rate the extra hex's much more than what I can't have on it!

As regards boot camp rules - I have a pair of jeans in my wardrobe that won't fit me for a long time - but I'll try them on and hopefully they'll be better in two weeks - I threw out a lot of my smaller clothes last year when I was trying to be a FLY lady! (It didn't work!!) I find I have to plan the week's food before I do my shopping - I have a little spreadsheet with my breakfast lunch and dinner for each day - helps my make sure I include all my hex's. I didn't do the stairs today but I id some heavy duty dancing around the kitchen!! And I'll make up for it tomorrow I promise!

god that must have been tough, i think ill let you off the stairs today. well done for the jeans things thanks.

I tried to be a FLY lady too. It really bugged me the way she wanted you to wear lace-up shoes all the time - I'm a barefoot gal - so I was doomed to failure before I even started...

Totally broke SW today - just general sinning like chocolate and full fat bacon - not a binge per se, more of a "I DON'T CARE!" day. Also digestive biscuits... mmnnn....

Sus Murf - I have tried to do a spreadsheet but am crap at Excel so if you are willing I could pm you my email...

Tomorrow is my gait analysis - very excited :party0049: to be maybe back running again (I wanna run a 10K too!!) soon, so hopefully I'll be fully remotivated to still log a loss for this week. I have some meals planned and have a gorgeous pair of size 14 (they are TOTALLY a 12 though!) jeans that I'm still busting out of to help.
oh dont worry about today, its a day! and tomorrow you can climb back on. its important to enjoy yourself. well done on the jeans lets see how well they fit in 2 weeks.

I need suggestions for breakfast. I'm doing EE but will be taking 2 slices of bread (hexb) for dipping in my soup lunchtime, so I can't have weetabix. I've got bacon, eggs, 1 syn sausages but no SF stuff to go with breakie unless I have fruit? I don't like tomatoes by the way. Any ideas? X
what about a sw breakfast quiche with bacon eggs, sausages mushrooms.? or if you can syn 1 slice of bread, cut into 2 triangles (crusts off) then wrap 1 around a sausage spray with fry light and repeat with other one, cook in oven and tada- sw sausage rolls. or if youre desperate syn the lunchtime bread (usually 6syns for 2 slices) and take cereal in as your heb xxx

sus_murf said:
Fried potato is such an Irish thing for breakfast!!

And just for the record - mushrooms are the devils own invention.

Kankles, I often have fruit with a yogurt over for brekkie.
I can just see Satan sending out his mushrooms to reek diet havoc, "go on my prettys woahahaha" lmao.
Im intrigued, why are mushrooms evil??

Pebbles - 5-7 syns i literally had one tiny bite, bit more than a teaspoon full but not a whole dessert spoon full :cry:

Sus murf - Sounds like you've had an upsetting sunday. Hope you're ok.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Hxx

Pebbles - 5-7 syns i literally had one tiny bite, bit more than a teaspoon full but not a whole dessert spoon full :cry:

Sus murf - Sounds like you've had an upsetting sunday. Hope you're ok.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Hxx
hi harsh maybe but its 6 syns per 28g, ouch - lovely though. id be inclined to say forget it, its been and gone anyway. new day new week and all that

pebbles67 said:
hi harsh maybe but its 6 syns per 28g, ouch - lovely though. id be inclined to say forget it, its been and gone anyway. new day new week and all that

Don't worry Miss HP i had a Mars Bar (no other syns tho), just count it in & make the next day better to compensate, that's what i say.
Well girls today is no 16 of "on plan 100% for May"
Had a late night with my sis-in law, so wasn't up until 12, so i'm going to have my magic porridge i did last night with a banana, then make my salad for work later xx

Hey everyone :)
Havent been on for a few days been really busy,but as far have been on plan this week :) So fingers crossed for a loss! hows eeryone else doing??
xx

Hi all,

Rhi08, well i was 100% on plan (even with my tiny bite of cake yesterday, as it was my syns) but then tonight i meet friends at the harvester for dinner. I had planned what to have so not to go off track, and was about 3 bites into my chicken when i realised it wasn't cooked. The waitress apologised and said they would cook me another one, but i didnt want to eat after my friends had finished so just had my salad bowl. Then of course it came to desserts, i was just going to have the fruit skewers minus the icecream, but after the dinner disaster ended up having one third of a sundea :cry: No more syns left for the week now, so tomorrow and wednesday have to be pure free food! Hope i can still have a lb loss for thursday:confused:

Hxx

Oh that's a pain HP, I hope you enjoyed the sundae after all that!

Today was the weirdest day ever at work - we had to deal with the aftermath of the funeral (I work in a school so the kids were all upset and full of questions). We also found that the internal person who applied for the principal job didn't get it, so there's a new boss in in September - I'm not permanent so I don't know how that will affect my job prospects for the next school year.

But anyway, food went well today but I obviously didn't plan very well because I'm hungry this evening! Anyway, I need bed now, I've had late nights all weekend trying to get through my book. Hope you lot are all happy bunnies today!

Sorry to hear its been another hard day sus murf. I enjoyed the bit i had, and we split in 3 ways, and then i gave my two friend my last bit so i probably had only a quarter actually - see i still tried to be good. I was just so hungry by then, argh why didnt they get my chicken right, oh well.

Hope tomorrow is less stressful for you, although I guess it will be a strange few next weeks for the children.

Hxx

pebbles67 said:
hi poppet im worried about you, you ok? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You've both been quiet of late? So my turn to ask if you're both ok?! Miss my giggles!

Good day for me, although I've got insatiable hunger today. Started with fruit for breakie, ate my soup & bread at 11:30 as I was starving. Then drooled over everyone elses food till i got home this evening when I had SW curry & rice, followed by more fruit and I'm still hungry!

I think I must have looked and sounded slightly deranged in the office today, each time someone was eating I made rather loud groaning noises. I never thought I'd drool over a packet of monster munch!!!....well they were the beef flavour!

Anyway hope you're all ok, x

Ahh thanks for the concern both of ya,yeah I'm fine just hate bloody birhdays,it's the one day when I hope something nice will happen and it never does !!!!!!! :(

I haven't really been on plan since Thursday and I'm quite annoyed with myself, but I feel the same as you did the other day kankles in that I feel I just don't have enough time to keep planning all this food !!! There just aren't enough hours in the day !

I'm not giving up or anything but it all feels chaotic if you know what I mean , having to think of everyday things and then what's for brekki etc the following day,that's when it all goes wrong.

It's like today I started off well and had breakfast at 11am and then didn't eat again till nearly 6when I was starving and ended up eating fried chips before me syn free dinner which rather defeats the object !!!!!!

Sorry to go on, will try harder tommorow :)

So pebs I hope all is well with you ,and how is ben this week ????

Kankles the laughs will b back soon ,just gotta get our mojo back lol !!!

And debs ur being very quiet too,where are you ????!

Was good to hear from you both, take care. XXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxx

Tracy831 said:
Ahh thanks for the concern both of ya,yeah I'm fine just hate bloody birhdays,it's the one day when I hope something nice will happen and it never does !!!!!!! :(

I haven't really been on plan since Thursday and I'm quite annoyed with myself, but I feel the same as you did the other day kankles in that I feel I just don't have enough time to keep planning all this food !!! There just aren't enough hours in the day !

I'm not giving up or anything but it all feels chaotic if you know what I mean , having to think of everyday things and then what's for brekki etc the following day,that's when it all goes wrong.

It's like today I started off well and had breakfast at 11am and then didn't eat again till nearly 6when I was starving and ended up eating fried chips before me syn free dinner which rather defeats the object !!!!!!

Sorry to go on, will try harder tommorow :)

So pebs I hope all is well with you ,and how is ben this week ????

Kankles the laughs will b back soon ,just gotta get our mojo back lol !!!

And debs ur being very quiet too,where are you ????!

Was good to hear from you both, take care. XXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxx

Aw you sound a bit down trac. Listen flower, I was like this a few weeks back, and by taking a few days out from SW it gave me the break I needed without planning, stressing, or blooming scale hopping as I do. But I was fine after I had some time off. Don't fret about it, you obviously need some down time so take it x

And listen, if I lived near you something nice would happen on your birthday! I'd take us all out for a day of pampering, followed by a slap up meal and devilish dessert, and not forgetting the cocktails!!! We'd spoil her wouldn't we pebs?

I defintely know what you mean about the time, sometimes I have to force myself to take a break to eat (unlike today when I'd have chewed on anything to fill me up), but yeah it's not always easy and when you're pushed for time and hungry with it, well that's when the comfort foods or quick n not so SW friendly meals come in.

Hope you're feeling a bit better soon x x x x chin up x x

Thanks kanks,feel better already !!!!

Feel like a right old moaner(well I got the old right anyway !!!)

Just hope I haven't done too much damage for thurs, but will just try harder for next week xxxxxx

Hey don't be daft, ur not moaning, ur sharing and we've all been there, sometimes it feels hard trying to think about it all the time, I think that's the hardest part.

Anyways, we're here for you, and u just chill and cut yourself some slack x x x

Kankles said:
Hey don't be daft, ur not moaning, ur sharing and we've all been there, sometimes it feels hard trying to think about it all the time, I think that's the hardest part.

Anyways, we're here for you, and u just chill and cut yourself some slack x x x

See I knew something was up. Bloody witch I am. Tracy do me a favour don't weigh in Thursday, take a break, weigh at home if u have to sometime but take a week off, you're more likely to get more down if u weigh in and are disappointed. We've been doing this a while now about 16 weeks for me, and you guys popped on here from my start so it's been a long haul. I want you to succeed and I want you to get your mojo back so take that holiday. No pressures now. And yes kanks we'd spoil her rotten if we were near xx

Back