Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Good morning all, And thanks to all that have welcomed me..
Down 2lbs this week.. Kinda disappointed if I'm honest.. Had done 2 boot(y)camps and tonnes of walking this week.. And was on track all week except yesterday!! Tho yesterday I under-ate, not overate.. Which I know can be just as bad sometimes but I just wasn't in the slightest hungry so didn't want to force myself to eat.. Doesn't happen often that I'm not hungry I tell ya haha..
Good luck to everyone for the week ahead :D

Just in from a 4 mile walk which I did fast paced at 1 hour 5 mins. That's every other night now for 2 weeks plus 2 zumba classes and other half gave me the zumba For wii as a pressie. I'm doing the half marathon in 2 bloomin weeks yikes. 5 miles tomorrow .

Hi Pebbles... i'm doing a mini marathon (10km) in 2 weeks also.. been walking home from work each night this week (5.6km) to get some practice in.. have only just started getting some training in.. My legs are just about ready at this stage to give up on me.. Will keep at it tho.. With 6 weeks to my girlie holiday I need to lose as much as possible so its great incentive.. Keep up the great work :D

sus_murf said:
I chose a fish and pasta dish for main course, with a tomato sauce, but half way through the main course a grub crawled it's way out of my friend's salad. It turned us all right off our food and none of us finished our mains.

Ewwww!! Ewwww!!! Ewwww!!! That would be enough to make me not eat for a week! Bleughhhh!!!

Haha, I do the best of 3 sometimes too, although my scales don't usually change after I've got on for the second time!

Now that I'm feeling better I'm going to try & be really varied with my food this week, otherwise I'm going to get bored!!

Pebbles, I bought some porridge oats for my magic porridge :) so, do I literally tip 28g of porridge oats into the muller yogurt pot, stir & pull the lid back over & leave over night? And I can have it hot or cold in the morning?? Is it bad to be looking forward to breakfast tomorrow already?? Lol!!

Well according to SW scales, I only lost 2lbs... But I weigh at home 1st thing with no clothes.. Whereas at SW I have denim on & it's at night. Their scales say I'm 3lbs heavier in total compared to mine :-/ Grrr.

I'm still saying I've lost 3lbs. My scales are obviously better than theirs lmao!!

I have a WW bathroom scales at home.. And it weighs me as being 2lbs lighter than the scales in the class aswell.. That's with or without clothes!!
I always weigh with the same clothes as I had on at my very first weigh in back in January.. So its acurate.. And at the same time as the class is on (I dont go to the class anymore)
But yea I'd go with your own scales... :D Well done :D

Dubchick81 said:
I have a WW bathroom scales at home.. And it weighs me as being 2lbs lighter than the scales in the class aswell.. That's with or without clothes!!
I always weigh with the same clothes as I had on at my very first weigh in back in January.. So its acurate.. And at the same time as the class is on (I dont go to the class anymore)
But yea I'd go with your own scales... :D Well done :D

Oooh glad it's not just me then, haha!

Overall I've lost 3lbs more than what they say in 3 weeks :eek: but I think now, if I didn't go to the class, I would cheat but knowing I have to be weighed there keeps me in check!!

I'm 1lb off a stone so if I can even lose 1 this week I will be pleased, but I'm aiming for 2!! :)

Oooh glad it's not just me then, haha!

Overall I've lost 3lbs more than what they say in 3 weeks :eek: but I think now, if I didn't go to the class, I would cheat but knowing I have to be weighed there keeps me in check!!

I'm 1lb off a stone so if I can even lose 1 this week I will be pleased, but I'm aiming for 2!! :)

Hi Sophie, its not just us.. I read on here a while back that allot of people were saying they SW or WW scales were 2 r 3 higher than they're home scales.. They just want us to think we're heavier than we really are lmao...

Yea I know what you mean.. Leaving the class is why I gained those 3lbs between March n last week.. But have my focus again and now this group and Pebs to keep me check (lol) I know I'll stick to it.. No alcohol this weekend so that also means no hangover munches so hopefully it stays dry enough to get out n about walking..

Dubchick81 said:
Hi Sophie, its not just us.. I read on here a while back that allot of people were saying they SW or WW scales were 2 r 3 higher than they're home scales.. They just want us to think we're heavier than we really are lmao...

Yea I know what you mean.. Leaving the class is why I gained those 3lbs between March n last week.. But have my focus again and now this group and Pebs to keep me check (lol) I know I'll stick to it.. No alcohol this weekend so that also means no hangover munches so hopefully it stays dry enough to get out n about walking..

I wonder if they do it to keep us there longer?? Lol!

3lbs isn't bad though from march but I know what you mean. Starbucks & costa are my downfall... Especially as my fave drink is 21.5 syns along with my favourite cake which was also 21.5 syns which I was sometimes having 3x a week... Whoooops!!! I now have to go shopping where there isn't a coffee shop otherwise they haunt me, Haaaha!!

No I could have been a whole lot worse.. I was still tracking, even on the very bold days, and was being good most days tbh.. Just not being as good as I should have been.. I had planned on being down a minimum of a second stone by my holiday, which was realistic as it would have been 13 weeks when I found out I was going (the girls have given me a super early birthday present of a holiday with them!) So it was very do-able.. So now though am still aiming to be most of the way there, its looking more like just half a stone!!
Crisps are my downfall.. BIGTIME!! I can't buy multipack crisps when I do my shopping coz I'm haunted until they're all gone.. Which can mean 3 r 4 packs in a day.. Any type of crisps.. Mainly corn snacks like Snax or Wotsits but I do love my King crisps too... So have to stay away...

Thanks everyone! I couldn't get online yesterday so Im posting today.

I had a STS but I was expecting that or a gain as I had a bad weekend last weekend. My weight at the moment is 13stone 4lbs. I have got my sons christening on the 10th July and really want to get down to 12 and a half stone by then! I have joined a gym and been doing lots of classes. I am ACHING today! haha.

I'm having the girls round tonight for drinks and snacks. So I'm going to stick to Gin and Slimline Tonic - and going to get some humous and carrot sticks etc

xxx

Hi RainbowRoxy.. As you've started the gym, can I suggest you take you measurements of your arms, thighs, chest, calfs n waist etc.. You may notice small/no results on the scales but this will be because of muscle build up and so you will notice a difference in inches..
I found (first time doing WW and gym) I was losing motivation quick coz I wasn't seeing good results on the scales.. But when I started doing measurements I was noticing it there.. just a little tip :D
Have fun with the girls.. LOVE those kinda nights :D

OMG! Since WI I've just binged completely - I don't know what's wrong with me - I started with having a celebratory treat and just haven't stopped - might just go off plan until Monday - I'm really not in the mood for it at all :(

Debs154 said:
OMG! Since WI I've just binged completely - I don't know what's wrong with me - I started with having a celebratory treat and just haven't stopped - might just go off plan until Monday - I'm really not in the mood for it at all :(

I could have wrote this post!!! Lastnight I had a galaxy bar, I'd like to say it was a normal sized one but no, it was a huge one & then stupid me bought 2 yesterday so I ate the other today! I've just polished off a bottle of champagne with my hubby and am about to tuck into yesterdays Ben and jerrys frozen yogurt... Whoooopsie!

Debs, tell me what you've had so we can cry into our syn-ful food together!!!

newbee

Hi ive decided to do slimming world from home as going to group is hard with 4 young kids and partner working shifts. im sooooo glad i found this thread with people doing it from home too :) im starting next week and my weigh in will be a thursday. Leaving it until then is good for me to get prepared with food cupboards etc plus its my daughters birthday this weekend and her cake looks scrummy lol.
I have ALOT to loose but i am actually looking forward to my weight loss journey. Sooo many people on here are inspirational.

Hiya Deb.. Why dont you allow yourself go mad and whatever you want for this evening and then start fresh tomoro... Make up for one "bad" day as apposed to three???
Feel like having a binge myself today but with holidays looming I can't afford to :( Have something nice for me :D

Haha look like everyone has gone a bit off plan today haha. I didnt get in from work till 8 tonight and was so tempted to get myself a takeaway, I planed what to get and every thing... Chinese haha but luckily I had a yummy dinner of egg and SW chips waiting for me when I got in:) or I would have been in the same boat as everyone else lol

Must be Friday binge day.. Well done and staying strong and having the 'good' option..
So far am sticking on track.. Had a little treat of a 2 finger kit kat but its counted in my allowance so its all good.. Need to get making some "free soup" to fill me up n stop me pigging out

Oh yer I need to makes some soup soon to :)
Have you tried the Spicy butternut squash Soup.. Really yummy
xx

I've been 100% on plan again today! Had magic porridge for breakfast, rice and beetroot for lunch, quorn sausages, mashed potato, sweetcorn and onions for tea. Had fruit to snack on and just about to eat a sliced grapefruit with a muller light. No naughtiness for me. If i dont have a decent loss this week i'm going to give up :-(

Welcome Vicram. Good luck :)

Dubchick - meant to say ........no i havent done my measurements but will do this weekend.

Hope everyone has a good weekend

Hxx

Oh yer I need to makes some soup soon to :)
Have you tried the Spicy butternut squash Soup.. Really yummy
xx

I've had butternut squash & red pepper soup.. But not Spicy butternut squash Soup... Wotz that recipe??
Am making red pepper and tomato soup today/tomoro...
Usually make either the butternut squash & red pepper or chunky italian veg.. getting bored of them now tho so need new 'free' soups..

Back