Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

I got the recipe of SW website :)Non-vegetarian free trial menu - Healthy Eating - Slimming World
    1. Heat a large saucepan sprayed with Fry Light, add one chopped onion and cook on a low heat for 1-2 minutes.
    2. Stir in 900g/2lb peeled, deseeded and chopped butternut squash, 1 peeled and quartered potato, 2 cloves of crushed garlic and half a teaspoon each of ground allspice and nutmeg. Fry for a further minute, then pour over 850ml/1½pts vegetable stock made with Vecon (available from health food shops).
    3. Season, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the squash is soft. Add a tablespoon of fresh, chopped coriander leaves, wait one minute and then blend with a hand blender or in a food processor.
    4. Serve with a swirl of fat-free natural yogurt on top.

I could have wrote this post!!! Lastnight I had a galaxy bar, I'd like to say it was a normal sized one but no, it was a huge one & then stupid me bought 2 yesterday so I ate the other today! I've just polished off a bottle of champagne with my hubby and am about to tuck into yesterdays Ben and jerrys frozen yogurt... Whoooopsie!

Oh thank god for you both, debs and Sophie - I was so good all day - resisted maccy d's and everything. Until I caved and had a takeaway for dinner. I'm not even sorry - it was gorgeous!! New day, new start tomorrow!Debs, tell me what you've had so we can cry into our syn-ful food together!!!

Ha ha
I was on a red day yesterday and had cooked some Morrisons reduced fat susages - ok so far................then decided I'd have them on half a loaf of bread and follow it up with a chocolate brownie - large of course!

Today at school it was a birthday and they bring in cakes - so had a few chocolate crispie things and a couple of flapjacks.

Went for a drink after work and polished off the rest of the bread with butter and cheese when I got in!!

Got a birthday do tomorrow night......will see how I feel in the morning......to be honest I feel so bloated now I might not eat until Tuesday lol!

was soooo glad to see the responses girls! x

Debs154 said:
OMG! Since WI I've just binged completely - I don't know what's wrong with me - I started with having a celebratory treat and just haven't stopped - might just go off plan until Monday - I'm really not in the mood for it at all :(

Debs I have done exactly the same and tommorow I'm off to sis in laws for a BBQ so that could be tough too.
But I'm glad I'm not the only one , I feel like I've let the side down a bit lol :)

Anyone got any spare scales? Mine went hurtling out the window this morning....gutted I've had my first gain since starting SW, 1lb on for me. Ok so it's been an up and down week, started up, made my soups for work and by the end of the week my prep skills kind of went from A* to a U, but really, a gain, it wasn't like I was eating cakes & junk all week?

All day I've fell like b*%#*cks to it all, but (here we go pebs youre gonna love this one with your boot camp rules,) I dug some of my work suits out last week and managed to get into most of them, so they're hanging on the door ready to go to the dry cleaners, when I came up to bed, there they were and now I'm thinking noooo don't say b*%#*cks to it, it's taken since jan to fit into them, but I bet it'll take less than a week to bulge out of them.

So help! I can't give in, I know it's down to prep, eating my SF, switching it to reds a few days a week, eating breakie, and eating more syns, but once again I just never have enough hrs in the day for me, so how can I kick start this off again and fit everything in?

Kankles said:
Anyone got any spare scales? Mine went hurtling out the window this morning....gutted I've had my first gain since starting SW, 1lb on for me. Ok so it's been an up and down week, started up, made my soups for work and by the end of the week my prep skills kind of went from A* to a U, but really, a gain, it wasn't like I was eating cakes & junk all week?

All day I've fell like b*%#*cks to it all, but (here we go pebs youre gonna love this one with your boot camp rules,) I dug some of my work suits out last week and managed to get into most of them, so they're hanging on the door ready to go to the dry cleaners, when I came up to bed, there they were and now I'm thinking noooo don't say b*%#*cks to it, it's taken since jan to fit into them, but I bet it'll take less than a week to bulge out of them.

So help! I can't give in, I know it's down to prep, eating my SF, switching it to reds a few days a week, eating breakie, and eating more syns, but once again I just never have enough hrs in the day for me, so how can I kick start this off again and fit everything in?

Lol kanks you are too funny,I'm trying to laugh quietly so as not to wake up other half!!!!!!!!

Sorry you had a gain, but don't give up as u said u have got this far and it will only take a short time to put it back on again, this is the only thing that stops me giving up .

If you do find a solution to not enough hours in the day , let me know as well please :) xxx

Tracy831 said:
Lol kanks you are too funny,I'm trying to laugh quietly so as not to wake up other half!!!!!!!!

Sorry you had a gain, but don't give up as u said u have got this far and it will only take a short time to put it back on again, this is the only thing that stops me giving up .

If you do find a solution to not enough hours in the day , let me know as well please :) xxx

Pmsl! I've got to joke about it otherwise I think I'd go off like a blooming fire cracker! I mean soups that taste great but look like I just robbed a jar of baby food, bacon but grilled with the best bits cut off!, and 1lb on! Wish I'd had the crispy bits now ;-)

Ok so more hrs in the day, well my issue is I stay up working till 10:30 ish so then when I come to bed I come on here for my giggle, boot camp rules, and to unwind without work going round & round, so then I don't go to sleep till late so in the morning I don't want to get up and end up running round like a complete nutter and leave the house in a tizz cos I'm running late. So I guess I should cut off from work about 9 and wind down then, get a good nights sleep so I don't leave the house looking red in the face like I've just run 10miles on the treadmill (as if)!!!!

So tell me about your day, I gather you have a few little ones at home which I can well imagine keeps you manic? X

Hi girls, i've been keepin busy helping out with my friends charity, so i haven't had time to come online. Keeps me busy & keeps me from missin Ry til hes back on Sunday night.
Didnt get time to post yesterdays food, but goin on now to post todays.
Then its bed for me, night, Megs xx

dear dear dear, we have been naughty losers havent we. see what happens when i work a 12 hr day, i leave you alone after weigh in for 24hrs and you all go slinking off to the takeaways the cupboards and the wine bars. what am i going to do with you all?
ok so debs, youve just worked really hard since coming back from copacabana with barrie and you said- 'im fed up losing the same 2lbs' now - tell me to naff off but im thinking- shes worked real hard, shes lost 3lb and shes had a day of nibbling, thats ok. but then im thinking, erm excuse me another 2 days f nibbling will pop that 2lb, youve become enemies with - on again . you know i speak sense and i know you can do it. dont come off track til monday cos thats heading to disasterville - one way ticket debsy. take tomorrow off if you must then start afresh sunday. plan your menu for sunday tomorrow and think of me sitting wagging my finger at you. come on, i know you can do it, youre better than that 2lb.

tracy tracy - if anyone deserves a big loss buddy its you, a pound here, half a pound there but your problem is youre not eating enough. you are chasing your tail just like kankledoo and finding no time for planning so you reach for whats there. your answer is simple its getting the time to do it thats hard and if i lived closer id be there poppet to help.

miss hp - big thumbs up to you, youve pullled it right back up and i know you;ll get the loss you need, stay focused im routing for you.

susmurf- what will i say indeed! im shocked you little devils. but hey you enjoyed it, you deserved the treat and im a big fan of treating yourself after weigh in JUST NOT FOR 24 BLOODY HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So heads held in shame, tails between legs and knuckles wrapped. you need to all get back on plan in the morning, dont let tomorrow turn into an extension of today. tomorrow is a new day and new challenges and only 6 days til weigh in. id rather you went dolallytap on thursday nights then stayed 100% all week rather than pick and nibble all week. climb back on girls and lets have this train steaming through losstown.

kankles my buddy, my gal, my pal. i am so sorry, i feel ive let you down, ive not been here for you and now youve had the worst thing that can happen to you on any healthy eating plan. i had it 2 weeks ago but i did go away so i know why. you say you dont plan much but then you arent munching carrot cake and caramel shortcake (or are you?)
you know whats needed is a shake up again like before, and it worked and you lost. i feel your pain selknak (kankles backwards lol) and im gonna get you through this. no bollocks here im afraid so we just gotta dust down, shake off the dust, and get back into that first class carriage, upwind of the buffet bar.

im going to need tomorrow to finalise the bootcamp rules but we are going to revisit some. im delighted with the clothes issue and now fitting better. youre obviously losing inches. i so wish i lived nearby and id be there to help. but im here as much as you want me.

1) from the time you all read this until sunday evening i want you all to carry a tin of beans or tomatoes in your handbag, rucksack, gym bag, whatever youre carrying. be aware of the extra weight. im sure you can all give this a go. for those of you who have lost, this tin represents a pound of your weight loss. it will soon become an annoying thing to carry around for a day. so join me in trying to get rid of another tin by thursday.
for those who did the stair marching, you were pushing an extra 2lb up and down the step working on those arms. well done. its certainly helped.

2) FISH! i say - yes fish. if possible within your budget try to include a piece of fish this week. fish is a good source of protein and an essential omega 3. fish is known to boost weightloss, so at least 1 fishy dishy this week please if poss. can you veggie ladies do fish ? if not its speed soup for you!

3) how do you feel about writing your waist measurement on here. we did this one a few weeks back but no one posted. im happy to post and equally happy if youd rather not but i would like you to record it somewhere - diary, calendar, bathroom mirror etc.

4) we are doing fluids again - its the dreaded water ! den den den.
so we are having a glass of no sugar squash or water every 2 hrs of wakingness. stick a note by the kettle ' have a glass of water whilst waiting for me to boil'
when you boil the kettle -drink your water then enjoy your coffee. the system will need a flush through this week cos we are going for burn.

back tomorrow with more boot camp rules.

major bumkicker the pebmeister

dear dear dear, we have been naughty losers havent we. see what happens when i work a 12 hr day, i leave you alone after weigh in for 24hrs and you all go slinking off to the takeaways the cupboards and the wine bars. what am i going to do with you all?
ok so debs, youve just worked really hard since coming back from copacabana with barrie and you said- 'im fed up losing the same 2lbs' now - tell me to naff off but im thinking- shes worked real hard, shes lost 3lb and shes had a day of nibbling, thats ok. but then im thinking, erm excuse me another 2 days f nibbling will pop that 2lb, youve become enemies with - on again . you know i speak sense and i know you can do it. dont come off track til monday cos thats heading to disasterville - one way ticket debsy. take tomorrow off if you must then start afresh sunday. plan your menu for sunday tomorrow and think of me sitting wagging my finger at you. come on, i know you can do it, youre better than that 2lb.

tracy tracy - if anyone deserves a big loss buddy its you, a pound here, half a pound there but your problem is youre not eating enough. you are chasing your tail just like kankledoo and finding no time for planning so you reach for whats there. your answer is simple its getting the time to do it thats hard and if i lived closer id be there poppet to help.

miss hp - big thumbs up to you, youve pullled it right back up and i know you;ll get the loss you need, stay focused im routing for you.

susmurf- what will i say indeed! im shocked you little devils. but hey you enjoyed it, you deserved the treat and im a big fan of treating yourself after weigh in JUST NOT FOR 24 BLOODY HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So heads held in shame, tails between legs and knuckles wrapped. you need to all get back on plan in the morning, dont let tomorrow turn into an extension of today. tomorrow is a new day and new challenges and only 6 days til weigh in. id rather you went dolallytap on thursday nights then stayed 100% all week rather than pick and nibble all week. climb back on girls and lets have this train steaming through losstown.

kankles my buddy, my gal, my pal. i am so sorry, i feel ive let you down, ive not been here for you and now youve had the worst thing that can happen to you on any healthy eating plan. i had it 2 weeks ago but i did go away so i know why. you say you dont plan much but then you arent munching carrot cake and caramel shortcake (or are you?)
you know whats needed is a shake up again like before, and it worked and you lost. i feel your pain selknak (kankles backwards lol) and im gonna get you through this. no bollocks here im afraid so we just gotta dust down, shake off the dust, and get back into that first class carriage, upwind of the buffet bar.

im going to need tomorrow to finalise the bootcamp rules but we are going to revisit some. im delighted with the clothes issue and now fitting better. youre obviously losing inches. i so wish i lived nearby and id be there to help. but im here as much as you want me.

1) from the time you all read this until sunday evening i want you all to carry a tin of beans or tomatoes in your handbag, rucksack, gym bag, whatever youre carrying. be aware of the extra weight. im sure you can all give this a go. for those of you who have lost, this tin represents a pound of your weight loss. it will soon become an annoying thing to carry around for a day. so join me in trying to get rid of another tin by thursday.
for those who did the stair marching, you were pushing an extra 2lb up and down the step working on those arms. well done. its certainly helped.

2) FISH! i say - yes fish. if possible within your budget try to include a piece of fish this week. fish is a good source of protein and an essential omega 3. fish is known to boost weightloss, so at least 1 fishy dishy this week please if poss. can you veggie ladies do fish ? if not its speed soup for you!

3) how do you feel about writing your waist measurement on here. we did this one a few weeks back but no one posted. im happy to post and equally happy if youd rather not but i would like you to record it somewhere - diary, calendar, bathroom mirror etc.

4) we are doing fluids again - its the dreaded water ! den den den.
so we are having a glass of no sugar squash or water every 2 hrs of wakingness. stick a note by the kettle ' have a glass of water whilst waiting for me to boil'
when you boil the kettle -drink your water then enjoy your coffee. the system will need a flush through this week cos we are going for burn.

back tomorrow with more boot camp rules.

major bumkicker the pebmeister

Pebs:
Thank you! thank you! thank you!

I read this and thought you are right - I like the boot camp rules and will even do the steps - my waist is 37 :eek:

I was expecting to have my grandson today but he's busy so am going to spend the day planning as I start work full time this week so need to get my act together - I used to be able to cook or prepare something in the mornings before work but will have no time for that now.

I need to look up some new things to eat - so off to asda for me today and fish will be on the list.

Generally I don't buy bread because I know it's my downfall (well one of them along with Nutella and wine of course!) and I don't think I'll be buying it again this week - I had enough for a whole week in 2 days!

I will have a few drinks tonight but food wise - I will get back on it TODAY!

Thank god for pebbles!!!!

I have just come on here to post about my foul breakfast that I had to try & be good to compensate for a crappy 2 days. I had beans & scrambled egg which tasted foul. My eggs were tasteless and mushy & my beans tasted of chewy paper. Then I made a coffee which when I poured it still had all the ground beans floating around so I couldn't drink it :( so all in all, I was ready to grab something full of crap but there isn't anything left as I ate all the crap between thurs and fri (insert embarrassed face here) annnnnnnnd I'm meeting my friend in starbucks which is my total downfall.

Buuuuuuuut.... Now I've read this I'm going to go & have a shower & then have a muller yog for brekkie and make an instant coffee.

Hoorah for this thread, I think you all just saved my day of binging xx

Yes, sir, pebbles sir. I humbly apologise for ordering, eating and enjoying said takeaway. I will repent and do penance till Thursday. Actually, no, till Christmas. (scratch that, my niece is getting First Communion next Saturday, so I'll have to have some cake but till then, I shall be good as gold!)

Thank god for pebbles!!!!

I have just come on here to post about my foul breakfast that I had to try & be good to compensate for a crappy 2 days. I had beans & scrambled egg which tasted foul. My eggs were tasteless and mushy & my beans tasted of chewy paper. Then I made a coffee which when I poured it still had all the ground beans floating around so I couldn't drink it :( so all in all, I was ready to grab something full of crap but there isn't anything left as I ate all the crap between thurs and fri (insert embarrassed face here) annnnnnnnd I'm meeting my friend in starbucks which is my total downfall.

Buuuuuuuut.... Now I've read this I'm going to go & have a shower & then have a muller yog for brekkie and make an instant coffee.

Hoorah for this thread, I think you all just saved my day of binging xx

Me too Sophie - and now I don't know what to have for breakfast - nothing with toast that's for sure! :cry:

Last edited:
Just a quick post cos I'm off out but my waist is 44,it was 48 in October last year so that's not bad :)xxx

Hi all
Don't know if you know about this website by BritmuminCanada - she 's on Minimins but also has this amazing website and blog full of great recipes - I'm looking for inspiration here this week x

Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

Hope you all like it too - as most of us don't have access to SW website I thought I'd post it - I think it's better x

Ooohh... Think it may be a bad week for me :eek:( and not by choice..
Just went to have my brekkie (porridge made with water) and had a glass of fruit juice.. Any tummy aint reacting well!! Haven't started my porridge yet and tbh am a little afraid to.... Fingers n toes crossed am not getting a bug!!!!

Back