Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Well done girls for making a start on those bootcamp rules. Writing from my hotel room and all I can say Is I've got a hell of alot of work to do when I get home . swam loads today and had a lovely ocean cellulite detoxing wrap for nearly 2 hrs. Lovely!

My waist 41., had 5 glasses wAter, 2 teas 4 coffees, 1 lime n soda water. 1 cider.
I had lobster for dinner which was devine, so that's fish -ticked.

Another boot camp rule- try a new vegetable this week that you don't usually cook with. Tell us what it Is and how you cooked it. If you've pretty much tried everything then chose a veg and cook it differently to how u normally would and tell us about it.

Deb the slimming eats website is great I use it all the time . Try her aubergine lasagne x

sus_murf said:
I don't know why I keep losing my half written posts, it's so annoying!! Tracy, I hope you're feeling a bit better - it's bad enough being sick yourself without having a sick smallie to look after as well.

Anyway, I have been suitably penitent today - I have used some syns today, but I've tried to limit them. I've been pouring water in all day, and oh yeah, I measured my waist - a very scary 38inches.

I'm planning my meals for the week - planning on sticking to red days, am a little stuck for ideas for packed lunches, so I'm off to check some red day food diaries!!!

Hey there , packed lunches, slimming world quiches - loads of varieties, quorn sausages chopped up. Scotch eggs made with lean pork mince, boiled eggs, babybel lights, chicken breast cut into pieces and dipped in sweet chilli and low fat Mayo mix.

Goodmorning everyone , have been up being sick in the night,AGAIN, don't know why we seem to keep picking up the same bug ????

Am gonna meal plan for this week later or tomorrow,and am gonna try and plan for breakfast and lunch too . Xx

Aww - hope you feel better soon Trace - not the best way to lose weight! :(

Pebbs - are you ever at home at weekends lol!

Well I didn't go the the birthday do - well actually it didn't happen - it was only in a local bar for some drinks but the birthday boy had had a few too many by half past 4 lol - hopefully I have clawed back some of the damage done Thurs and Fri

Didn't get to Asda yesterday - ended up just staying in and doing housework - oh and playing Scrabble on Facebook - so just off there now.

Can't think of a veg I've not tried so might make the aubergine lasagna as you recommend it Pebs

Drinking lots of water and carried baked beans round in my pocket yesterday which left me a bit lop sided lol! :)

Aww Tracy.. Feel better soon.. Nothing worse.. Thought I was getting a bug yesterday. Had a dodgy tummy in the morning but turned out fine.. :)
Hafta do out my shopping list now and get shopping.. Once I have that done I know I'll be on track all weekend..
Good luck everyone for the week ahead.. x

Hi Dubchick - don't think I've said hello properly - sorry!

I have family on the outskirts of Dublin - Bluebell - was over last year - in sad circs tho as my uncle had died very suddenly.

But Dublin's sooo expensive isn't it!

Well I really MUST go shopping too now :)

Hi Debs.. Am only 10 mins from Bluebell in a place called Crumlin.. My Dad has family up there on Bluebell Road... Sorry to hear about your uncle.. :(
Yea its quite expensive alright.. Only realise how expensive when I've been away..
We went up to Belfast on a roadtrip with the girls a few weeks back and couldn't believe the low prices..
Happy shopping :D xx

Hi Debs.. Am only 10 mins from Bluebell in a place called Crumlin.. My Dad has family up there on Bluebell Road... Sorry to hear about your uncle.. :(
Yea its quite expensive alright.. Only realise how expensive when I've been away..
We went up to Belfast on a roadtrip with the girls a few weeks back and couldn't believe the low prices..
Happy shopping :D xx

I bet your Dad's family know mine - it's usually the way there.

As for the shopping girls - it was only Asda but bought some Tilapia which I've never tried before!

Trace - I would have put one in the other pocket but my jeans aren't that loose yet lol!

pebbles67 said:
kankles my buddy, my gal, my pal. i am so sorry, i feel ive let you down, ive not been here for you and now youve had the worst thing that can happen to you on any healthy eating plan. i had it 2 weeks ago but i did go away so i know why. you say you dont plan much but then you arent munching carrot cake and caramel shortcake (or are you?)
you know whats needed is a shake up again like before, and it worked and you lost. i feel your pain selknak (kankles backwards lol) and im gonna get you through this. no bollocks here im afraid so we just gotta dust down, shake off the dust, and get back into that first class carriage, upwind of the buffet bar.

im going to need tomorrow to finalise the bootcamp rules but we are going to revisit some. im delighted with the clothes issue and now fitting better. youre obviously losing inches. i so wish i lived nearby and id be there to help. but im here as much as you want me.

1) from the time you all read this until sunday evening i want you all to carry a tin of beans or tomatoes in your handbag, rucksack, gym bag, whatever youre carrying. be aware of the extra weight. im sure you can all give this a go. for those of you who have lost, this tin represents a pound of your weight loss. it will soon become an annoying thing to carry around for a day. so join me in trying to get rid of another tin by thursday.
for those who did the stair marching, you were pushing an extra 2lb up and down the step working on those arms. well done. its certainly helped.

2) FISH! i say - yes fish. if possible within your budget try to include a piece of fish this week. fish is a good source of protein and an essential omega 3. fish is known to boost weightloss, so at least 1 fishy dishy this week please if poss. can you veggie ladies do fish ? if not its speed soup for you!

3) how do you feel about writing your waist measurement on here. we did this one a few weeks back but no one posted. im happy to post and equally happy if youd rather not but i would like you to record it somewhere - diary, calendar, bathroom mirror etc.

4) we are doing fluids again - its the dreaded water ! den den den.
so we are having a glass of no sugar squash or water every 2 hrs of wakingness. stick a note by the kettle ' have a glass of water whilst waiting for me to boil'
when you boil the kettle -drink your water then enjoy your coffee. the system will need a flush through this week cos we are going for burn.

back tomorrow with more boot camp rules.

major bumkicker the pebmeister

Hey buddy! It's my own silly fault for not planning enough. I've not been too good on the plan since weigh in, had a meal out last night for my friends birthday and went overboard on the food & bottle of wine.

But all that's behind me. I'm currently making chicken & veg soup for my lunch tomorrow.

I've got the following fruit for this week:
Pineapple
Melon
Apples
Pears
Plums
Bananas

Are all these ok?

One quick question, on a red day we're allowed 198g new potato, once boiled can I mash these (without butter)? Or can I slice them and fry in fry light? Or do they have to be just boiled? I want to try more red days again but not a fan if just plain jacket potato or plain boiled pots.

I think I'll have a couple of salad days this week too, they worked for me last time x

Tracy831 said:
Goodmorning everyone , have been up being sick in the night,AGAIN, don't know why we seem to keep picking up the same bug ????

Am gonna meal plan for this week later or tomorrow,and am gonna try and plan for breakfast and lunch too . Xx

Aw trac, I feel for you, I really do. It's a horrible bug and really leaves you feeling quite sh**. Chin up, hope you & the little ones feel better soon x x

One quick question, on a red day we're allowed 198g new potato, once boiled can I mash these (without butter)? Or can I slice them and fry in fry light? Or do they have to be just boiled? I want to try more red days again but not a fan if just plain jacket potato or plain boiled pots.

Hi Kankles - this is what it says in the book - I've always interpreted it as the weight in potato rather than what you do with them - I might be wrong but there's no syns in Fry Light so I can't see the harm :)

227g baking potato (including
skin), raw weight
198g new potatoes with skin

All the fruits look fine to me! Are there any fruit that are not ok? x

Debs154 said:
Hi Kankles - this is what it says in the book - I've always interpreted it as the weight in potato rather than what you do with them - I might be wrong but there's no syns in Fry Light so I can't see the harm :)

227g baking potato (including
skin), raw weight
198g new potatoes with skin

All the fruits look fine to me! Are there any fruit that are not ok? x

Thanks debs!

Some fruit is S and some is SS.

Pebs, I've got a recipe to add, do you want me to pm it to you so you can add to our recipe thread or shall I just wack it straight on there? X

Hi Kanks

Pineapple s
Melon ss
Apples s
Pears s
Plums s
Bananas - just super free

Yes Sus - the weights above are a Hexb on red :)

Just had the Tilapia - quite a strong flavour - had it with broccoli, green beans and a few potatoes.

I seasoned it with some salt pepper garlic and a few chilli flakes and steamed it.

Having an unusual (for me) EE day

Kankles said:
Pmsl! I've got to joke about it otherwise I think I'd go off like a blooming fire cracker! I mean soups that taste great but look like I just robbed a jar of baby food, bacon but grilled with the best bits cut off!, and 1lb on! Wish I'd had the crispy bits now ;-)

Ok so more hrs in the day, well my issue is I stay up working till 10:30 ish so then when I come to bed I come on here for my giggle, boot camp rules, and to unwind without work going round & round, so then I don't go to sleep till late so in the morning I don't want to get up and end up running round like a complete nutter and leave the house in a tizz cos I'm running late. So I guess I should cut off from work about 9 and wind down then, get a good nights sleep so I don't leave the house looking red in the face like I've just run 10miles on the treadmill (as if)!!!!

So tell me about your day, I gather you have a few little ones at home which I can well imagine keeps you manic? X

Hi kanks my day is non stop from the moment I open my eyes !!!!

Feed the dog ,get the kids up,make breakfast, ( feed the 6 yr old as he can't feed himself all the time),clear up,have a cup of tea at some point,get the 11yr old off to skool ,( the 20 yr is already at work ),get the 2 young ones dressed and ready and leave the house at 8.30 for the walk to skool.
Drop the 6 yr old off and then take 3 yr old to playgroup,and either go shopping or back home to tidy up and back to pick up 3 ry old and then home to feed him lunch, then at 2 pm leave to get 6ry old from school and back home to start dinner!
11yr old comes home at 3.30 feed him snack then change 6 yr old nappy and then it dinner time.hubby won't eat till bit later so sometimes have to do his after,then about 6 pm bath and bed for little ones then I do washing packed lunches and get clothes and school bags ready for next day!!!!!! Phew !!!!!!

At some point in there I should have breakfast, lunch and dinner!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy831 said:
Hi kanks my day is non stop from the moment I open my eyes !!!!

Feed the dog ,get the kids up,make breakfast, ( feed the 6 yr old as he can't feed himself all the time),clear up,have a cup of tea at some point,get the 11yr old off to skool ,( the 20 yr is already at work ),get the 2 young ones dressed and ready and leave the house at 8.30 for the walk to skool.
Drop the 6 yr old off and then take 3 yr old to playgroup,and either go shopping or back home to tidy up and back to pick up 3 ry old and then home to feed him lunch, then at 2 pm leave to get 6ry old from school and back home to start dinner!
11yr old comes home at 3.30 feed him snack then change 6 yr old nappy and then it dinner time.hubby won't eat till bit later so sometimes have to do his after,then about 6 pm bath and bed for little ones then I do washing packed lunches and get clothes and school bags ready for next day!!!!!! Phew !!!!!!

At some point in there I should have breakfast, lunch and dinner!!!!!!!!!!

My god Tracy, rite at this moment i am so glad i don't have children, although i'm sure they bring their own rewards. I just love my free time.

Hi all, Hope you're all ok.

Hope you're feeling better Tracy. Blimey you're a very busy person! You must be shattered!

I had an EE day yesterday and today, usually stick to green and red but EE fitted in better with everything this weekend.

I've hidden the scales away so i can't have a sneaky look!

Hxx

Oh my goodness Tracy - is it 4 kids you have? I've just one and find it hard work!!

I didn't have the best day, despite all my good intentions. My little lady arrived home from creche on Friday and announced that her daddy was taking her to mcdonalds - and because she is normally such a mommy's girl, he was delighted. So I got him to drive to the city so that I could do some jobs while they went for lunch. I even brought a packed lunch with me so I wouldn't be tempted.

I did my shopping afterwards - and then started to prepare my daughters tea. I had just put her toast in the toaster when her grandad arrived and spirited her off. I just can't resist toast. So I ate it, and then followed it with a big handful of fizzy jellies.

On a positive note, I cooked baked salmon from britmums website - so that's my first fish of the week!

Back