Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Well done on the sts and losses girls and sorry to hear you've been having a bad time Pebs x

I gained 2lbs and really feel I have lost my motivation - not because of the gain - I'm just fed up of SW! I've been half hearted for a week now.

I'm considering going over to the dark side - WW- for a couple of weeks because I need to gain some control - although I know I struggled on it last time after a few weeks.

I will stay with this little group tho if that's ok - the WW threads aren't half as good!

Haven't totally made up my mind yet I want to do some research first.

Oh debs that's a shame,I know what you mean about being fed up with sw,I was saying this morning that it's taken 4months for me to loose 10 lbs,I know slow and steady is best ,but that's just rediculous !!!!!! Lol xx

vegemite said:
Morning,
Thank you all for your lovely welcome...sorry I haven't been around. I've not had a very good last couple of days eating wise. Well it was really just Tuesday afternoon and evening and last night so I was hiding.
It's not great to fall off the plan during your first week back on, but it's a fresh start today for the week..

Anyway, I still managed to lose 3lbs I'm impressed and that has encouraged me to keep at it. I want to lose 2lbs a week so I'm on track.

I hope the rest of you do well. I'm sorry Tracey that you've stayed the same x

Thanks vegemite,and congrats on your loss that's a really good start xxxx

Oh debs that's a shame,I know what you mean about being fed up with sw,I was saying this morning that it's taken 4months for me to loose 10 lbs,I know slow and steady is best ,but that's just rediculous !!!!!! Lol xx

I'm the same Trace - 11lb in about the same time - it's not the diet's fault - I know I have been really good some weeks and really rubbish some weeks - I just feel I need some more discipline - I know I can't stick WW for more than a few weeks but need a change to kick start myself - the other thought is to actually join a class again as the discipline of weighing in each week and paying for it helps sometimes - I'm going to think about it for a couple of days x

Debs154 said:
I'm the same Trace - 11lb in about the same time - it's not the diet's fault - I know I have been really good some weeks and really rubbish some weeks - I just feel I need some more discipline - I know I can't stick WW for more than a few weeks but need a change to kick start myself - the other thought is to actually join a class again as the discipline of weighing in each week and paying for it helps sometimes - I'm going to think about it for a couple of days x

Hiya Debs,

If I'm honest, I do find that paying & actually going to class to be weighed keeps me in line more so than doing it myself.

Whatever you decide, good luck! I hated WW when I did it, I couldn't be bothered counting everything which meant I ate very litte & would then go completely off plan. Although I know it's changed now & I think you don't have to count fruit & veg.

Hey everyone,
Ive been mega busy this week revising for my uni exams and not been feeling to good either!! Well done everyone so far on the sts and thoses who have lost :)
I have lost 2lbs this week and im really happy as thats 1 stone so far!! :woohoo:I also had a few slip ups this week due to not planning my meals so wasnt really expecting much. New week and im hoping to be 100% (although i am having a BBQ on saturday which might be hard haha.
Good luck everyone still to WI :D
xx

Hiya Debs,

If I'm honest, I do find that paying & actually going to class to be weighed keeps me in line more so than doing it myself.

Whatever you decide, good luck! I hated WW when I did it, I couldn't be bothered counting everything which meant I ate very litte & would then go completely off plan. Although I know it's changed now & I think you don't have to count fruit & veg.

I know what you mean sophie - but I feel I need the discipline of counting - I'm really over eating in the evenings - yeah most fruit and veg are free including bananas.

I find cooking a bit of a chore for 1 so will probably be glad of some convenience foods although I wouldn't want to eat them all the time.

Hi Ladies,

Well done on your loses and STS's.

Sorry to hear you're fed up with it Debs and Tracy, I know what you mean though. I have had two naughty days (not horrendously bad, but nit on plan) in the last seven weeks, and its taken me seven weeks to lose 4lbs :confused: Why is it coming off so slowly? I'm increasing my exercise daily and still such slow loses :cry: I've also wondered whether i should join WW but i love the flexibility of SW so not going to give up just yet. My boyfriend keeps reminding me that i have lost a lot of weight over the last couple of years so its bound to go slower, but i still have a whole stone to lose to get into my healthy range, so surely it should go this slowly??

Keep at it ladies, we can do it :)

Glad to see you back pebbles, sorry to hear that you have a lot of stress going on at the moment. We're all here for you any time you need to rant/off load.

Hxx

No I'm going to keep at miss HP,maybe I need to do things different to speed it up a bit !!!????

Am just flicking through the new sw mag while I wait for the paint to dry in the kitchen so I can give it another coat :)

Hello to all - I am a STS unfortunately. Have done lots of exercise but not kept too closely to SW. I've just got hold of a copy of the Dukan diet and am having a think about that, now my weight loss has slowed down so much. I won't do it for the next couple of weeks - half term etc, but possibly when they go back to school I might try it for a week or two just to shift a swift 5lbs or so. But then it'll be straight back to SW - have you seen the Dukan diet - not fun in any way at all!

I see I am not alone in getting a bit annoyed with slow weight loss - being totally honest though I have not stuck to the programme so I know that is probably why.

Nice to have Pebbles back - I await my telling-off with anticipation!

xx

What's happened, I havent been on all day & everyone is thinking of jumping ship!!! Listen you've all admitted you've not been 100% on plan so no matter what diet you do if your not 100% then the weight loss will be slower. Think of all the calorie counting, the small portions, the weighing!!! Have I convinced you to stay on SW yet?!

I'm only teasing, if you're ready for a change then it's obviously what's best for you that counts.

I have also been having really slow losses so I get why you're all fed up but I also know that I've not been 100% on plan and when I say that I don't mean because I've been binging, I haven't always stuck to the 1/3 SF on EE, I was having only 0-5 syns max per day, slipping breakfast, missing HEXs so I can't blame SW for that.

Well done on everyones losses & STS. I'll be back here to report on my loss (fingers crossed) tomorrow x

Kanksy I couldn't have put it better myself. If we had all stuck to it every day of every week , we would hAve lost more- fact! I was 100% focused wen I started and said this is the last time I'm dieting and for about 9 weeks I was on track and never felt like cheating, losses were fab and since then I've slowed down cos I've nibbled. Can u honestly say you've stuck to it 100% and still gained? I'm just as guilty and I'm gonna stick to it and think about the fact that 4 months ago I wAs a stone and a half heavier and thAt can only be congratulated and I'm dead proud of myself. Everyones had a slowish week but hey it's still progress, who has remembered to measure? And what about that item of clothing? Anyone tried it on again, deb the blouse?

Kanks how did you do old bean xx

I'm pretty much always on plan, but i think i'm not eating enough which is why i think my losses have slowed, still any loss is positive.
Im gona put my faith back in the plan, enjoy a few more syns & enjoy the free food starting this week.
My challenge for this week we're almost in will be to hit the gym 3times during a star week, when all i want to do is curl up like a hedgehog lol.
Hope the painting went well Tracy, i like body magic where u can see instant results, so paintings a good 1, plus holding your arms up is a killer!
Glad to c Friday & my weekend begins here. Remember the full on horrible hours i had been workin? They ended today! :-D it will be good to see daylight next week, i honestly thought i was going to grow fangs being up all night lol, imagine the syns i would go thru with fangs lmao.

Megs said:
i honestly thought i was going to grow fangs being up all night lol, imagine the syns i would go thru with fangs lmao.

Haha!!!! That made me giggle! (being a twilight/vampire diaries fan and all that!!)

I had a fab girlie night in lastnight with treat food to get it out of my system.. Truth be told, I went to bed feeling a bit sick :/ I think when you get used to eating healthy foods anything heavy is a shock to the system! So, I think it would have been good to get it out of the way as I really want a 2lb loss this week!

hi there everyone, i wanted to wait until all the votes were in from the outer mongolian jury but i also dont want you all to think i dont care. cos i dont! NO i do!

so well done, congratulations, felicitations lovely jubbly and bloody cool! to everyone for holding it together this week. its been a hard one for all of us i think. so i want to tell you all how proud i am of you all. 2 new 1 stone awards to give, and lots of 'almost therers' so well done.
its hard keeping the focus now after youve lost quite well and especially at weekends. so well done again.
still some figures to come in so i'll wait til later for award stickers, slimmers of the week and stats.
to those who have stayed the same - dont lose heart, some of you know why and some of you are still bewildered but theres a reason for everything and i'll do my best to help find out where we need to look for that little answer.

1) boot camp rules to follow.
2) waist measurements please for those who wish to post - no pressure to do so
3) tomoro morning try on those clothes you mentioned 2 weeks ago. any difference?
for any new ladies - we chose a piece of clothing we would like to fit into and tried it on , earmarking how it fitted or not . for example i tried on a denim skirt which doesnt do up and made a mental note that it doesnt do up by a long shot. 2 weeks later it still doesnt do up but its a bit nearer to meeting in the middle than it was.
choose an item and add it to the thread and i'll keep track of them for you.

Back