Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Megs said:
Miss HP i really feel for you, stress can become very seriou if not properly dealt with. Each month my wee dog Callie does very special work. Her & i (& several other pet owners) go to a group which helps children & young adults deal with stress & give them the skills & confidence they need to go forward. You would be amazed the way 2hours with Callie will open a child up to talk. Some of these children have tried suicide, some are abuse victims, some got pregnant early & are stuck in the viscious circle of poverty, some have terminal cancer, some are from broken homes, the list goes on....what unites them is the stress they feel from their particular situations. They spend time in animal therapy, talk to trained councillors, theres a yoga teacher & someone who teaches them about the feel good effect of exercise. Again the list is extensive. Bottom line is theres a very fine line with your mental health, so i'll say a wee prayer for u tonite (im not religious but its good to think theres sumthing higher sumtimes) & hope u get thru watwver is upsetting you xx

Wow what a lovely & selfless thing you and your poochie do megs. X

Gosh, we are a bunch of nightowls!! Debs, hope you have a great time with your grandkids - I'm really looking forward to waving my lo off for a week with her granny!!

Tracy, hope your in-laws are as agreeable as mine!

Miss hp, you poor, poor thing. Try to stop worrying so much about your weight - it sounds like you are experiencing an extreme level of upset - weight loss is hard enough when things are on an even keel. We are here for you if you need us.

Megs, Callie sounds like a very special dog.

Kankles said:
Had a really naughty meal out for lunch yesterday, god knows how many syns but it was blooming lovely and worth it. X

I was just thinking about this today, I was quite good yesterday and got through the day without feeling overly deprived. Today though, my husband wanted to go get new fish which meant we would need to eat out somewhere. I was stressing to the heavens about where we would go and what I could eat, and in the end I came to the realisation that sometimes you just have to go with the flow and make the best choice available to you and live a little!!

sus_murf said:
I was just thinking about this today, I was quite good yesterday and got through the day without feeling overly deprived. Today though, my husband wanted to go get new fish which meant we would need to eat out somewhere. I was stressing to the heavens about where we would go and what I could eat, and in the end I came to the realisation that sometimes you just have to go with the flow and make the best choice available to you and live a little!!

I felt the same yesterday, had a rubbish start to the day with a daft argument so we later went out for a bite to eat and I was looking through the menu and thought sod it, I don't eat out often and the pic of the ribs & chicken combo had my name all over it so I caved in a savoured every last bit!!!!

Kankles said:
Wow what a lovely & selfless thing you and your poochie do megs. X

Aw thanks, shes a very special pup, people love her. We have 3 horses here & they they "work" with disabled kids every week. Neither ryan nor me would find the time to ride all 3, so its one good turn for another x.
Am i right in sayin exercise helps with pain? Def hittin gym tomoro im in bloody agony, bloody star week, grrr lol

Kankles said:
I felt the same yesterday, had a rubbish start to the day with a daft argument so we later went out for a bite to eat and I was looking through the menu and thought sod it, I don't eat out often and the pic of the ribs & chicken combo had my name all over it so I caved in a savoured every last bit!!!!

But also I have noticed in the last few weeks I am losing motivation, I'm not sure if it's the slow losses or just my work schedule but I recall in the beginning I was trying out new recipes, baking low fat desserts, and now i seem to be eating the same meals, I hardly ever look in my book for syn values, so I really have to kick myself back into action.....trouble is I really don't know where to start.

The good news is Im not ready to give up, I've still got around 1st I want to lose and I am determined that I want to carry on going but where do I start and how do I mix it up a bit?

I've heard the lamb shanks in tesco are free on red/ee? I love lamb so I am thinking of trying this for an evening meal. I'm very much a meat & rice or pasts person but the EE days gave kind if run it's course on my weight loss now. So can anyone give me suggestions for red days (I don't like fish btw only cod)

X x x

Megs said:
Aw thanks, shes a very special pup, people love her. We have 3 horses here & they they "work" with disabled kids every week. Neither ryan nor me would find the time to ride all 3, so its one good turn for another x.
Am i right in sayin exercise helps with pain? Def hittin gym tomoro im in bloody agony, bloody star week, grrr lol

She sounds it. It must be so rewarding what you do. I think it's such a lovely gesture x

Hot water bottle & 2 paracetamol everytime for me when it's that time of the month, plus hard hats all round for others in the same vicinity!!! I'm a grouchy moo during * week x

Kankles said:
She sounds it. It must be so rewarding what you do. I think it's such a lovely gesture x

Hot water bottle & 2 paracetamol everytime for me when it's that time of the month, plus hard hats all round for others in the same vicinity!!! I'm a grouchy moo during * week x

Think i'll be hitting the pills to get me thru work tomoro :-(
I must actually post a picture of callie if i can figure out how lol. When we work with the younger kids she has a dress up box of stuff ive made from old clothes etc. I pour the stuff out & the kids put socks on her & sunglasses & shirts, bowties, headbands with foam reindeer antlers on, u name it she'll wear it. The aim is to get them laughin, works everytime lol.
I'm off to post todays eating (its a ritual now) then bed for me, 1st dayshift in like forever! I may turn to ash in the sunlight ;-)
Goodnight all x

Good morning girls.. Happy Monday.. Only 3 more working Mondays until I'm laying by the pool :D So excited...
Had a really bold weekend.. Had planned on allowing myself a bad Friday seen as I was hanging together from my night of drinking wine... But it just carried on.. Got some bad news Saturday evening so was in no form of cooking.. Then got great news yesterday morning so went out celebrating.. So today is a new day, a new week and a (another!!) restart..
Need to get shopping tho to get prepared for the week aheads meals n snacks so I can at least TRY make up for my boldness the weekend..
But doesn't bold just taste sooooo good....

(Defo not gona be a loss this week.. But will work damn hard anyway)

MissHP so sorry to hear you're having such a hard time.. Hope things take a turn for the better for you soon.. Chin up :) x

Dubchick81 said:
Good morning girls.. Happy Monday.. Only 3 more working Mondays until I'm laying by the pool :D So excited...
Had a really bold weekend.. Had planned on allowing myself a bad Friday seen as I was hanging together from my night of drinking wine... But it just carried on.. Got some bad news Saturday evening so was in no form of cooking.. Then got great news yesterday morning so went out celebrating.. So today is a new day, a new week and a (another!!) restart..
Need to get shopping tho to get prepared for the week aheads meals n snacks so I can at least TRY make up for my boldness the weekend..
But doesn't bold just taste sooooo good....

(Defo not gona be a loss this week.. But will work damn hard anyway)

MissHP so sorry to hear you're having such a hard time.. Hope things take a turn for the better for you soon.. Chin up :) x

Ooh Dubchick where are you off to?
Hols!!! Love em B-D xx

Evening ladies, How are you all?

Thank you all so much for your lovely posts, and for caring. I can honestly say the last few days have been awful, lots of upset, tears and horribleness (if thats a word). I hit rock bottom late this afternoon and since then things seem to be on the up (only slightly and i'm trying not to get my hopes up, but praying things carry on getting better). Kepp your fingers ccrossed for me.

Megs thats so lovely what you and your dog do. And you horses. Animals are great aren't they. I've ridden for 25 years, i unfortunately had to have my mare put down last october, it broke my heart after 10 years of owning her (and she was only 13, but i couldnt see her in pain any longer).

I haven't done any exercise this weekend, haven't stuck to SW either, but then again i have barely eaten since thursday (exceot for cheese and cracker binge last night) so hopefully not too much damage done.

Megs we seem to be in sync with each other as its my * week too (not sure why its called star week.....there's nothing sparkly and shiney about it is there).

Hxx

Kanks, I've been feeling demotivated as well, but as I'm only a quarter of the way there, it's a bit soon for that. So today I planned my week's food down to the last hex. I ordered some cookbooks from the website.
And I tried on some tight clothes. I don't think I'll be losing any weight this week, but hopefully next week!

Dubchick, where are you off to? Sounds like somewhere hot! My husband refuses to go on any more package holidays, and we only have a week off this year so we're thinking of getting the ferry across to Wales and staying in one of those Haven parks. Has anyone ever been?

MissHP said:
Evening ladies, How are you all?

Thank you all so much for your lovely posts, and for caring. I can honestly say the last few days have been awful, lots of upset, tears and horribleness (if thats a word). I hit rock bottom late this afternoon and since then things seem to be on the up (only slightly and i'm trying not to get my hopes up, but praying things carry on getting better). Kepp your fingers ccrossed for me.

Megs thats so lovely what you and your dog do. And you horses. Animals are great aren't they. I've ridden for 25 years, i unfortunately had to have my mare put down last october, it broke my heart after 10 years of owning her (and she was only 13, but i couldnt see her in pain any longer).

I haven't done any exercise this weekend, haven't stuck to SW either, but then again i have barely eaten since thursday (exceot for cheese and cracker binge last night) so hopefully not too much damage done.

Megs we seem to be in sync with each other as its my * week too (not sure why its called star week.....there's nothing sparkly and shiney about it is there).

Hxx

Thats so sad about your horse. I have just the 1 horse, then theres Ryans & then during a bad storm we rescued 1, it had got caught in barbed wire & cut its leg almost to the bone. The owner was an elderly lady, who was so grateful. The horse was her daughters, who was livin in france with her bf, she rang us up & said she was settling down abroad & the horse was ours, so our family grew :)
Horribleness is most definately a word where star wk is concerned!! I have bren nibble central today! But all within plan touch wood.

sus_murf said:
Kanks, I've been feeling demotivated as well, but as I'm only a quarter of the way there, it's a bit soon for that. So today I planned my week's food down to the last hex. I ordered some cookbooks from the website.
And I tried on some tight clothes. I don't think I'll be losing any weight this week, but hopefully next week!

Dubchick, where are you off to? Sounds like somewhere hot! My husband refuses to go on any more package holidays, and we only have a week off this year so we're thinking of getting the ferry across to Wales and staying in one of those Haven parks. Has anyone ever been?

Me too! I completed my food diary for the week & I popped to tesco to get the lamb shanks in mint gravy (free on red or EE) which I'm having Wednesday. Tonight I had the kfc chicken with a jacket potato.

I am going to weigh in Thursday this week as I have a meal out Thursday night which has been planned for ages.

Hi there everyone. Just back from a trip to see a friend in Portsmouth, had a great day. Sounds like it's been a pretty laid back weekend. Miss hp if you need to take some time out of sw then stay here for the support and just get back on plan when your head is sorted , it's no good battling when your feeling down .

Kanks you know I love red days and I'm sure you'll have a loss with them.

As for the motivation for u and smurfy I am the same at the moment but it'll come, I've faith . Xxxx

Boot camp- soup If poss this week as it's set to stay wet and windy let's make soup. There's loads of recipes on minimins for soups. What's your favourite?
I love butternut.

Roasted veg please. If you have time slip some roasted veg into your meals to make sure you're getting your third superfree.

Walking - if weather stays off try walking for those of you who don't, give it a try for 20 mins around the block. If you already walk add 1 mile further on x

Thanks Pebbles

Soup wise......my favorite at the moment is bacon and lentil

·6 rashers bacon (fat trimmed off)
·1 onion, peeled and chopped
·2 carrots, peeled and diced
·200g (7oz) red lentils
·400g can chopped tomatoes
·1 vegetable stock cube
·Salt and freshly ground black pepper

‘fry’ the bacon, onion and carrots in frylight and cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally until the bacon has started to turn golden and the vegetables have softened. Add the lentils and stir well, add the chopped tomatoes and about 2½ pints boiling water, and stir in stock cube, I add mixed herbs, sweet paprika and I pinch of chili flakes. Bring to the boil, cover, and simmer for about 1 hour, or until the lentils and vegetables are tender. You can either leave it chunky or blitz it, it’s yummy and free on EE or you could have on green day and weigh your bacon so you only had an HEX portion.

Hxx

Forgot to say I have also started a food diary as from yesterday on here,hopefully it will keep me on the straight and narrow :)

Morning! I'm going to give soup a miss this week, been having the veg & lentil soup or the leek & potato soup every week, so as part of my mixing things up week, I've left it off my menu in the hope that by swapping my food choices it'll kick start my losses again.

I weighed this morning to check that ive not gained after my lunch out and im pleased to say i havent!!! So with my weighing in Thursday this week I've got 2 days to shift something!

I've had 1 weetabix & a banana this morning. Good start so far x

Back