Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Welcome annabel, yes guys the salads are going to be a hit. I've lots of salad options so I'll keep posting, glad you liked the watermelon one. I do too. Definitely try the couscous or bulgar wheat in a salad on a green day as it's really filling and yummy. If you have syns left you can always add olives , anchovies, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts etc.

Convenience foods- wright watchers meals are quick easy, and easy to work out syns but not always filling. Red day lamb shanks in gravy tesco or asda are free on red. Great for work etc are mugshots free on green and the sweet and sour one is triffic.

Good luck for weigh in tomoro girls xx

Good morning ladies,a 3lb loss for me this week which is the most I have lost in one go so far !!!!!
Another 2lb and I would have actually managed my first stone(it's taken long enough !!!)
Good luck to all still to weigh xxx x

Hello, new to this, need some diet motivation, attempting to slimming world at home, weighing in myself on thursday mornings, need to shift the flab to be a bridesmaid next year (next to a load of skinnies!) put on 3 stone after 2 babies, both c-section, cant seem to shift the weight!
stuck in the 'ok i can do this' then ' ive been good all week, i can have a blow out' cycle, it appears i have more blow outs than good days! Need to some tips to stick to this!

Welcome mustshiftflab - I was in that exact cycle at the start and Pebs gave me some great advice. She said to have ONE treat off plan on WI day and back to work straight after. For a while I took that to mean - eat what you want Thursday's - but after a few weeks of small losses I had to cop myself on! So now I spend the whole week deciding what my treat is going to be - and usually now, it is on plan - in that, I'll have something that's maybe 12 or 13 syns but I won't use any other syns on that day. I also find that little mini goals help so that if I achieve them I'm less likely to mess up and ruin it - does that make sense???

Thanks sus_murf! will have a go at the mini goals, never thought of it like that before! always think i must get this weight loss thing over and done with quick! Going to set myself goal of 7 pounds for the next month! i lost 12 pounds recently doing the Dukan diet, so depriving that i think i felt i deserved a carb fest after that ridiculous plan! (put 4 pounds of that back on anyway!!) ;-)
Does anyone go to the classes or do this at home? i'm doing it at home, cant stand the classes, makes me feel like i'm on Little Britain, plus trying to attend when hubbie working late and 2 tiddlies to look after tends to be a good reason to skip going!

Last edited:
sus_murf said:
Woohoo!! Well done Tracy!! Especially after last week. Did you do anything different this week??

I'm down 2.5 which takes me into the 12's for the first time in ages!!!

Thanks sus murf ,I don't know what I did to be honest!!!
I have drunk more water and have stuck to plan a bit more maybe that was it or the only other thing is that I have been eating a lot of rice ????
But I did feel in myself that I had had a bigger loss this week.
So I definatly had my fingers crossed when I got on them scales this morning !!!!xx

sus_murf said:
Woohoo!! Well done Tracy!! Especially after last week. Did you do anything different this week??

I'm down 2.5 which takes me into the 12's for the first time in ages!!!

Sorry was meant to say well done on ur loss xxxx

mustshiftflab said:
Thanks sus_murf! will have a go at the mini goals, never thought of it like that before! always think i must get this weight loss thing over and done with quick! Going to set myself goal of 7 pounds for the next month! i lost 12 pounds recently doing the Dukan diet, so depriving that i think i felt i deserved a carb fest after that ridiculous plan! (put 4 pounds of that back on anyway!!) ;-)
Does anyone go to the classes or do this at home? i'm doing it at home, cant stand the classes, makes me feel like i'm on Little Britain, plus trying to attend when hubbie working late and 2 tiddlies to look after tends to be a good reason to skip going!

Hi there and welcome xx
I have been doing sw at home since feb and have just managed to loose 12lbs( did have a gain and a sts along the way !)so even though it has taken me longer than expected to loose that at least it is going !
So don't worry about how long it takes just keep poodling along and I'm sure you will c good results xxx:)

STS for me again this week, tbh i'm gettin tired of STS now, but still my exercise hasn't been good this week, i'm doing all green days & haven't had a lot of sleep. So.....maybe if i change those wee issues i will have a loss next week, cross your fingers for me xx.

Morning everyone.
Congratulations Tracy on your great loss this week!

2lb gain for me this week! Expected as i didnt stick to the plan at all last week & had a weekend of eating & drinking and relaxing in cambridge. Still the same weight as when i did a midweek weigh in on monday.

Good luck to everyone else yet to weigh in.
x

Well done Tracy.. 3 down.. That's brilliant..
And you too Sus murf.. Great start..
I'm only down a half again this week.. Its still down which is good.. And I'm not surprised being honest.. As I said yesterday I haven't been managing to eat all my dailies this week at all.. No matter how much I'v tried.. I've been full after each meal and just couldn't be ar5ed forcing myself to eat just coz I should..
Although am not surprised, I am quite disappointed.. As I dont the mini marathon last Monday (06th) and I dont that super dooper workout last Saturday (11th) And both week was only down a half each.. Though I did have my * week (started Saturday) so maybe that stopped the losses??!! Who knows..
But its another new week and another effort..
(Though I am going to see Take That on Saturday so that will probably (almost definitley) mean eating out and drinking dirty water (beer!!) :D :D But will be as good as I can and it'll only be one day of naughty.. Straight back to tracking and weighing on Sunday

Good luck to everyone who has yet to weigh in...

Welcome mustshiftflab.. This is a great forum with lots of great tips, advice and support.. :D

Hey :)
Well done everyone so far Tracy and sus murf thats fantastic losses :D I actually couldnt believe it when I jumped on the scales this morning Iv lost 4 1/2 lbs :) Im over the moon!! Maybe this not eating after 7pm works haha. Just hope I can keep this weight off now

Hi, and thanks for the warm welcome. Well done on the Fab losses. I feel a little dissapointed to have only lost 1lb this week, and I've stuck to plan 100%. Do you think it makes a difference using all your syns?, as I have generally only used a max of 8. I've been drinking masses of water too, so much that I'm going to the loo all the time!! Sorry to moan! x

Hello and welcome newbies to the thread :)

Well done on the loses and STS's ladies.

Well 2 weeks of comfort eating and i got on the scales today:cry: :cry: over the last few weeks ive had a fair bit of stress and although i have stuck to slimming world meals i have had lots of white bread and chocolate :cry: you'd think by now i'd realise comfort ating doesn't help. Im so bl00dy useless i've put on 8lbs :cry: so now got even further to go :cry::cry::cry::cry: i feel fat, bloated and horrible, sat here in a fleece just to hide my belly - not because i'm cold.

Please feel free to kick me up the backside, i know i've been rubbish and let you guys down.

My aim for next weigh in - a loss! no matter how big or small, i will weigh less next thursday!

Hxx

Sending hugz MissHP... Look forward n not back..
You've been under allot of stress the last few weeks so the last thing you should have been thinking of is weight..
Love the positity for the coming week and I believe you can do it.. No bother to ya! Remember we're all here to listen n help if we can..
xx

Will come back and post properly over the weekend but 1lb loss for me which is good considering the extra points I've chomped through this week!!

Hi there and welcome xx
I have been doing sw at home since feb and have just managed to loose 12lbs( did have a gain and a sts along the way !)so even though it has taken me longer than expected to loose that at least it is going !
So don't worry about how long it takes just keep poodling along and I'm sure you will c good results xxx:)
and you, ,,,,,,, my lovely mrs t are doing a fab job and almost a stone and what a cracking loss. you have no idea how chuffed i am for you. xxx

STS for me again this week, tbh i'm gettin tired of STS now, but still my exercise hasn't been good this week, i'm doing all green days & haven't had a lot of sleep. So.....maybe if i change those wee issues i will have a loss next week, cross your fingers for me xx.
... and you megsypoppet have answered your questions, bit more exercise, more sleep and my toes fingers and all things dangly are crossed for you. xx

Back