Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Debs154 said:
Well I wonder what's happened to everyone on here - very strange that evryone seems to have gone at once!
Nice to see MissHP, Megs and people keeping it going! Welcome to the newbies too!
I've had a rubbish weeken which included a lot of wine, popcorn (not in the same place!) and a Dominos hangover cure Pizza - I always do this - see a big loss and have a binge - such an unhealthy attitude to food!
Good luck everyone for this week!

Hi Debs :)
I'm working on the theory of alien abduction for the disappearance of all our regulars. Maybe they have been super busy food optomising & exercising & will return on Thursday with massive losses :)
Speaking of massive i just bought out Tesco! But...i really needed it, u know how every so often u just need a big shop.
Also i needed a bit of a shake up to stop me eating the same stuff. Only trouble with new stuff is i have to now go & look up syn values etc.
I ordered a new jacket online in the sale, came today, size 14 tailored, fits really well, i thought i would have tobwait a while to wear it, so im chuffed i can wear it right away, :-D

Hi Debs :)
I'm working on the theory of alien abduction for the disappearance of all our regulars. Maybe they have been super busy food optomising & exercising & will return on Thursday with massive losses :)
Speaking of massive i just bought out Tesco! But...i really needed it, u know how every so often u just need a big shop.
Also i needed a bit of a shake up to stop me eating the same stuff. Only trouble with new stuff is i have to now go & look up syn values etc.
I ordered a new jacket online in the sale, came today, size 14 tailored, fits really well, i thought i would have tobwait a while to wear it, so im chuffed i can wear it right away, :-D

Oh well done on the jacket Megs!
Well as long as the aliens haven't been feeding them up - maybe they'll get back ok lol!

Can someone please tell the stupid American (me) how many heaped teaspoons make a tablespoon. There is no such thing as a tablespoon back home!
Ry put Helmanns lighter than light mayo (3.5 heaped teaspoons!!!!) on the salad he made me for lunch today. So now im stressin about syns! Especially as i used 3.5 syns while making dinner tonight

Can someone please tell the stupid American (me) how many heaped teaspoons make a tablespoon. There is no such thing as a tablespoon back home!
Ry put Helmanns lighter than light mayo (3.5 heaped teaspoons!!!!) on the salad he made me for lunch today. So now im stressin about syns! Especially as i used 3.5 syns while making dinner tonight

1tsp is 5 ml and 1 tbsp is 15 ml Megs but generally speaking that's not heaped so if you know the syns for a heaped tsp you'd have to multiply it by 3 for your heaped tbsp :)

Hello and welcome newbies :) Good luck with SW. I've had a bit of a blip lately (if you've read this thread you'll have seen that) but hopefully back on it and focused now.

Hello Megs and Debs, how are you ladies doing?

Where's everyone else? Kankles, Pebbles, Tracy to name just a few.......have you all gone on holiday together? :gen157:

I've just finished making 72 cupcakes! Not for me may i add, as they work out about 18 syns each!

Its looks like we're going on holiday beginning of August, so another reason to keep focused. Do you think if i really knuckle down by then i can lose a stone?

Hxx

Oh Megs, sorry i didnt reply about the healthy extras, i couldnt get on here on my lunch break today and been baking all night. I'm a bit boring as tend to have similar things all the time for a's and b's. Mainly soya milk or 42g reduced fat cheddar for a's and weetabix, all bran, aldi orange and chocolate bars (yum yum!), or bread for my b's

Hxx

MissHP said:
Oh Megs, sorry i didnt reply about the healthy extras, i couldnt get on here on my lunch break today and been baking all night. I'm a bit boring as tend to have similar things all the time for a's and b's. Mainly soya milk or 42g reduced fat cheddar for a's and weetabix, all bran, aldi orange and chocolate bars (yum yum!), or bread for my b's

Hxx

Oh that's ok Miss HP, sometimes life can be hectic & there aren't enough hours.
My goodness that sounds like a cupcake marathon, have u a party coming up?
I love to bake, but havent done much since starting SW, food optomising takes up time, planning meals etc.
I bought some alpro soya light & sum choc shreddies & some fibre plus bars & cheesestrings so that will give me sum variety, have to double check sum things tho.
Ok so u all already know about my mayo meltdown (thanks Debs for the info btw :) )
I just woke up, went downstairs weighed out the same amount of mayo & its roughly 4 syns, with 3.5 used this evenin leaving me under 8 for 2day, so i am finally happy now. Ryan laughed his head off when he followed me down & caught me weighing mayo in my pj's!! Lol.
Goodnite all xx

Hello and welcome newbies :) Good luck with SW. I've had a bit of a blip lately (if you've read this thread you'll have seen that) but hopefully back on it and focused now.

Hello Megs and Debs, how are you ladies doing?

Where's everyone else? Kankles, Pebbles, Tracy to name just a few.......have you all gone on holiday together? :gen157:

I've just finished making 72 cupcakes! Not for me may i add, as they work out about 18 syns each!

Its looks like we're going on holiday beginning of August, so another reason to keep focused. Do you think if i really knuckle down by then i can lose a stone?

Hxx

To be honest MissHP a stone in 4 weeks although possible is usual only at the beginning of a diet when we all tend to lose a lot - I expect half a stone is more realistic - maybe 10lbs at the most.

I don't want to discourage you but neither would I like to see you set yourself an unachievable goal and then get down over it - lovely to hear you're going away - you sound like you really need and deserve it x

I got invited to a desserts night tonight. Make a charity donation & eat ur fill in desserts! 2 words Thigh Devastation!! Lol x

Hello everyone ,have still been lurking about and checking posts,but to be honest have been a bit undecided as to whether stay on sw or go to ww like debs or rosemary conely .
But have decided to stick with sw.
Have gained about 4lbs since I last weighed in about 2 or 3weeks ago so I am going to try and plan my meals better starting from tom as that's where I let myself down because I think what can I have then usually have something that isn't enough if that makes sense !!!!

Good luck to u all for wi,and hope them aliens bring the rest of them back soon.lol xxx

Good evening ladies,

Megs - when's the dessert evening? Sounds very naughty but very nice and for charity too :)

Debs - yeah you're probably right, I think my aim should just be to stick to sw 100% and lose whatever i can by holiday (6th August).

Tracey - Good to see your back, and glad you're sticking with SW. I've thought of giving up or trying elsewhere with the stress of everything at late, but i've decided to stick with it as all the other 'diets' seem to have to many restrictions or not fit into every day life. Good luck with it.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow everyone.

Hxx

Dessert evening is tonight, but i havent gone, sent a wee donation down with Callie & Ryan its for CF kids & some of them will b there & they adore Callie, so she got her own invite lol.
I'll b lucky to have a STS this week with * week, so defo dont beed a desserts nite!

That was nice of you, and i'm sure Ryan can have your share or desserts :)
I've got really bad IBS pain tonight, combined with bloated belly from * week, so i'm feeling massive :-(

MissHP said:
That was nice of you, and i'm sure Ryan can have your share or desserts :)
I've got really bad IBS pain tonight, combined with bloated belly from * week, so i'm feeling massive :-(

Can sympathise with the bloating tho not the IBS, my Moms friend is a sufferer.
Oh yes Ry & Callie had a ball between dog treats & mint aero cheesecake :p
I have a day out coming up this weekend for my sis in laws bday, shes a choc lover so it will b syn city lol. Now my pains settled down i need to knuckle down to sum exercise til the weekend!
Sleep tite, Megs x

I'm back! Ahhhhh you've missed me that's nice. Have you all behaved while I've been away? Smurfy?????? What have you been up to???? Naughty smurfy .

Anyway so it's a big big good luck to my lovely gang for tomoro and hope for good losses. Where's my kankledoodledoo?

Tracy I'm sorry you've been on your own manning the thread but I'm back with a vengeance. Watch out there's no time for snacking here!
It's go go go for losses now. Fab time for motivation in this warm weather so get making those salads and planning meals for Thursday to Sunday xxx

Oh I see , i come back and u all disappear lol.
After a few weeks of staying the same I've lost 3lb so I'm delighted.
Last day of June so it's a big push forward for the July challenge, July is the 7th month so it's a 7lb loss challenge for those who wish to take part.
Part 1 of the bootcamp rules- 6 glasses of water daily please(can be squash) be honest you're not having the daily recommended amount of 8 are you? I know I'm not.
Rule 2 swap your week around, if you normally do extra easy, try 3 days of red or green, if you do mainly red or green, try easy for 3 days.

Tip number 1- use bulgar wheat to bulk out a nice summery salad. Chop salad items mix in bulgar wheat with prawns or chicken or roasted veg and some freshly chopped mint.

Tip number 2- when making a sw curry if it comes out a little watery, throw a handful of lentils in until cooked. Thickens sauce up a treat.

Tip number 3- jazz up a yogurt dessert by using a meringue nest (2.5 syns) add a pot of mullerlite and top with chosen fruit.

Pebbles, fantstic on the 3lb loss. I too was very pleased to WI today and lost 3lb (although I didn't WI last week so prob evens out to 1.5 each week) The July challenge sounds good, but not sure is 7lb is achievable for me. I will def change my week around though. After 1 month of EE I'm going to give red and green a go.

Hi ladies, and welcome back Pebbles (loving the rules and tips by the way).

Its a stay the same for me this week :confused:

Good luck everyone else

Hxx

Hi, hope you have room for a big one because I'd love to join! I've only just started slimming world today and am doing my first SW friendly shop this evening. I haven't put anything in my mouth yet as I'm worried it won't be right lol! I know silly eh?!?!

I've been on a couple of diets before, and suceeded well on them then came off it and piled the weight back on.

I weighed my self this morning as I'm doing SW online and I'm 13lbs heavier than I was last time and 8lb heavier than my biggest ever so feeling rather glum.

But onwards and downward as they say, so my starting weight is a earth shattering 300lbs (21st, 6lbs)

But I guess rather than feeling sorry for myself atleast I'm doing somnething about it!

Sorry for the little rant< my fingers got carried away! lol!

Good luck for a lighter week ahead

xx

Hello ladies, it's a 1lb loss for me this week, not bad for a * week lol.
Welcome all our new people, soon u will be hardened SW maniacs like the rest of us! :-D
Busy wee nite ahead, dinner, gym & hairdressers

Back