Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

I'm just popping in to let you know that I'm still alive - but I've been totally off plan all week. Things have been nuts here - my regular job finished up today but my summer job started Monday so I've been double jobbing. On top of that I've been at about 10 different receptions for my retiring boss - so I need to get back in thegame.

Welcome Looli and good luck with your first week :)

Megs a pound off for star week is very good :clap:

Pebbles 3 off, brilliant :happy096:

Sus murf good to see you back, hope next week is better for you.

Good luck everyone still to weigh in xx

pebbles67 said:
Oh I see , i come back and u all disappear lol.
After a few weeks of staying the same I've lost 3lb so I'm delighted.
Last day of June so it's a big push forward for the July challenge, July is the 7th month so it's a 7lb loss challenge for those who wish to take part.
Part 1 of the bootcamp rules- 6 glasses of water daily please(can be squash) be honest you're not having the daily recommended amount of 8 are you? I know I'm not.
Rule 2 swap your week around, if you normally do extra easy, try 3 days of red or green, if you do mainly red or green, try easy for 3 days.

Tip number 1- use bulgar wheat to bulk out a nice summery salad. Chop salad items mix in bulgar wheat with prawns or chicken or roasted veg and some freshly chopped mint.

Tip number 2- when making a sw curry if it comes out a little watery, throw a handful of lentils in until cooked. Thickens sauce up a treat.

Tip number 3- jazz up a yogurt dessert by using a meringue nest (2.5 syns) add a pot of mullerlite and top with chosen fruit.

Glad to see you back pebs,but I haven't been on here much lately either,I think megs and miss hp have kept things going !

Well done onyour loss,but mine is a gain this week,not surprised as I've been all over the place diet wise.

Welcome all the newbies :)

I will try the bootcamp rules , would love to loose 7 lbs in a month!!!!!

Glad to see you back pebs,but I haven't been on here much lately either,I think megs and miss hp have kept things going !

Well done onyour loss,but mine is a gain this week,not surprised as I've been all over the place diet wise.

Welcome all the newbies :)

I will try the bootcamp rules , would love to loose 7 lbs in a month!!!!!

Ha ha - yeah I wondered why you got the credit lol - Megs and MissHP have really kept it going - thanks x x

Shall i take my bow now lol lol. It has been my v great pleasure to help out (& post rantings about mayo pmsl) after all the support u lovelys have given me x

Good evening ladies,

Went out straight after work this evening, so first chance i've had to come on here.

How are you all this evening? What are you plans for the weekend?

Please can you all give me a kick up the bum :whoopass::whip:, shout at me, give me a damn good talking to, or shake me if need be!! 13 weeks down and i'm so useless i'm only 1lb less than when i started.

I hate my fat belly, my huge thighs, and my big bum, I want to feel comfortable and comfident in my clothes, i want to walk into somewhere without holding my stomach in, i want to be fit and healthy, so why i'm i so rubbish and comfort eat ever time things get rough and then struggle to get back on plan?? :cry:

I need you ladies, advice, help or a shouting at greatfully received :sign0163:

Hxx

I think you have to be in the right frame of mind to diet and really have to want it more than you want the food - I don't comfort eat but I binge for no good reason - eg I can sometimes buy a packet of biscuits and eat the whole lot and not even enjoy them - at other times I can keep to within my points/syns and really enjoy one or two.

I see you are a similar weight to me but at least 3 inches taller so I suspect that you don't look half as bad as you think you do and maybe you need to love yourself a little bit more :)

For me SW didn't work because although I know you should only eat free food until you are satisfied it was like it was ok to eat a lot and feel like I was still on the diet :(

This just sounds like it's making you unhappy but only you have the power to change the way you respond to things - what I mean by this is like that saying 'give me the strength to change the things I can and accept the things I can't'

Maybe this isn't the right time for you or maybe you need a change - I was spurred on by WW but find myself slipping at the moment and not counting properly etc.

It does take a BIG effort to stay on plan whichever it is for a long time but really frustrating to only be half doing it - I've been at it since January and finally got to my stone mark and like I said am wavering at the moment :break_diet:

Life is a whole big adventure and dieting is only part of it - I wonder if you are setting your expectations too high and therefore setting yourself up to fail - like your stone loss for a holiday - like you said maybe half a stone - maybe only 5lbs? But think about it in small chunks - make a plan - a day at a time - or a few days eg 2 days with no syns and enjoy a lot on your third day - 2 days is doable but a month seems endless!

Sorry if I have gone on a lot MissHP but hope I've made some sense xxxx

Last edited:
Hi Debs,

Thank you for your reply, and it makes total sense. I think i am very hard on myself sometimes, things have been a bit tough of late - seem to be on the up now, but it just seems to have been one thing on top of another and then before i know it its been weigh day again and it seems like with everything else there wasn't even time to diet.

I know even with everything on that i need to get back into it, as at the moment i dont want to go on holiday because of how i look/feel in shorts (and i'm talking knee length not short shorts).

Going out for a long walk today, woken up in pain and i know that walking will ease it. We were supposed to be going to london for the day but dont think i'll be comfortable sitting in the car that long so walking it is.

Going to take one step at a time, (so as silly as it sounds as this is the plan anyway) todays step is 100% on plan. Haven't decided yet on red or green (going to have breakfast that will work with either), then 2 HEA and 2 HEB, and up to 15 syns, and will take it a day at a time, i know the first few days of getting back on track are the hardest.

Thanks for putting up with my moaning xx

Does anyone know if 6 Aldi Savour bakes rye crispbreads are still a HEB? If not how many syns? I'm hoping they are still a B, they are much cheaper than ryvita! xx

aww you're not moaning - just been going through a difficult time by the sound of it which is why you mustn't let your weight spoil your holiday!

As I said before - yes you may be overweight and bigger than you'd like but you're hardly Britain's fattest woman lol!

Shorts aren't compulsory you know! Wear a skirt or cropped trousers - not sure what type of holiday you're going on?

Also what about your partner - doesn't he deserve a holiday too - is he supportive of you regardless of your weight?

Well done on the one day at a time - it's the only way - I was on the WW board earlier and got lots of encouragement so am back on it today counting every point - we'll do it together MissHP - I go away on 27th July so even if we only lose a few pounds before we're away at least we won't have sts or gained before then and also have the extra few lbs a holiday always seems to bring! :)

Hi Megs, Nice lay in?

Debs
- we'll do it together MissHP - I go away on 27th July so even if we only lose a few pounds before we're away at least we won't have sts or gained before then and also have the extra few lbs a holiday always seems to bring!
Ok we're on a mission to be leaner by our holidays, you're stuck with a pre-holiday diet buddy now we'll do our best however much of a loss - big or small - but just our best

Do any of you lovely ladies who go to class, or have the books know how many syns in sainsburys high juice drink? I think it was blackcurrent, pomegranite and raspberry flavour - you dilute it like normal squash, I had one glass but dont know the syns??

Today I have walked 5.7km, 9628 steps, 7499 of those steps were aerobic (so faced paced without stopping), 287kcal and 17.7g fat burnt :D

Been 100% today, just had a yummy pasta dinner – kind of quorn spag bol but with lots of added veg :cool:

Hxx

Went for another walk this evening, just a quick one, about a mile, but a bit more to add onto earliers walk.

Been 100% on plan today, total of 10 syns, weighed/measured HEA & HEB's and good free food :)

Great job on the walking! :)
I haven't had a good food day as we were at friends house all day, so i had no control over the cookin, but i'll b super good all week to make up for it. Just off to bed, goodnight girls xx

Great job on the walking! :)
I haven't had a good food day as we were at friends house all day, so i had no control over the cookin, but i'll b super good all week to make up for it. Just off to bed, goodnight girls xx

Same here Megs - so back on it today - lovely day - am going to a little local street festival today and the food will be really tempting!

But I've made my pact with MissHP so had better be good - it'd be so easy if we had no social life lol!

Hi Megs, Nice lay in?

Debs Ok we're on a mission to be leaner by our holidays, you're stuck with a pre-holiday diet buddy now we'll do our best however much of a loss - big or small - but just our best

Do any of you lovely ladies who go to class, or have the books know how many syns in sainsburys high juice drink? I think it was blackcurrent, pomegranite and raspberry flavour - you dilute it like normal squash, I had one glass but dont know the syns??

Today I have walked 5.7km, 9628 steps, 7499 of those steps were aerobic (so faced paced without stopping), 287kcal and 17.7g fat burnt :D

Been 100% today, just had a yummy pasta dinner – kind of quorn spag bol but with lots of added veg :cool:

Hxx

Well done you! Right I'd better be good now for the next few weeks!

Back