Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Dont give up Deb's I'm sure you'll have a much bigger loss next week, and even though its only half a lb its still half a lb in the right direction :)

HPxx

Hahaa debs !!!

Still deciding what to do :(

Yeah I would definately do lots of research and planning - I see WW have re-introduced their old Simply Filling plan and it looks like you can point some days and do SF on others. SF is pretty much like SW really so it might be the best of both worlds Trace - here's a list of their SF foods.

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/images/2057/dynamic/GCMSImages/Food_List.pdf

Maybe Dubs can shed some more light on it when she recovers from her birthday weekend x

Last edited:
Debs154 said:
Yeah I would definately do lots of research and planning - I see WW have re-introduced their old Simply Filling plan and it looks like you can point some days and do SF on others. SF is pretty much like SW really so it might be the best of both worlds Trace - here's a list of their SF foods.

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/images/2057/dynamic/GCMSImages/Food_List.pdf

Maybe Dubs can shed some more light on it when she recovers from her birthday weekend x

Hey girls. Some changes being introduced to new plan. Improvements apparently but we won't hear about them til January over here.
I don't kno much about simply fillin tbh but ya can hav a pointing day today n sf day tomoro n the next day back to pointing. Seems to b the fav for allot of ppl.

Had a great day yesterday. The girls brought me to get my nails done n had balloons n rose champagne waiting there for us :) was so nice. More surprises today followed by the "party" needless to say all counting has gone out the window :) xx

Well how's everyone's weekend going? I've been absolutely terrible since my WI - I always do this! Only lost half so gave up for a few days - got my grandson here for the weekend so not following it today but will get back on it tomorrow and see how much damage I've done on Thursday !

I think a lot of people are having trouble sticking to plan at the moment debs,I have just read on here that one lady ate 8bars of chocolate the other night!!!

I haven't even been on plan !!!

I have definitely not been on plan since Friday and am dreading Thursday! Been avoiding here too, so going back to plan tomorrow before it becomes a week, then a month ... and then I've undone all my hard work!!

100% from tomorrow!

Hi girls i'm back. I've had flu, yep that's rite all my efforts not to catch my colleagues germs failed, miserably lol. Feeling much much better & have lost 7lbs, prob down to illness tho rather than SW lol.
However all is not lost (apart from my barn roof in the recent high winds, but thats another story!) still 4 good weeks to fit in my party dress for Christmas, so big SW shop tomorro & back to the grindstone!
Bed abit late tonight but i overslept this morning so that'll make up for it.
Nite all, Megs xo

Hi girls.. Was 100% OFF plan the weekend and hoping to get a good shop done this evening to stick to plan as much as possible this week..
As its my bday tomoro, think we're going out for dinner so will hav food n drinks so will be offplan again.. But will TRY stick to it every other day.. Hopefully lose a bit between now n Christmas..
Have my work Christmas do next week too so another month of a few bad weeks :eek:

CarolineJ said:
I have definitely not been on plan since Friday and am dreading Thursday! Been avoiding here too, so going back to plan tomorrow before it becomes a week, then a month ... and then I've undone all my hard work!!

100% from tomorrow!

Which is exactly what I have done :(

Hi everybody.
I am new to slimming world and had my first official day today and will be a Thursday at home weigher too :) I was on a strict low calorie diet before and lost 2 stone by myself, but have maintained for a year and hav gradually put on a few pounds the last few months so have started SW to get down to my target for my wedding in 6 months.... hope it works :)

Hello ladies, how are you all?

Dubchick - Happy birthday for tomorrow :birthday:

Megs - good to 'see' you back, hope you're feeling better.

Welcome Laura35 :welcome:

Argh i'm really struggling this week. Really want to lose the weight still, and still feel hideously fat, but all the veg, fruit and high fibre food is really making my IBS bad this week. Think i'll be lucky to not gain this week :cry:

Ok, thought this might help.....here's the reasons i need to stick to SW (please add/post yours for motivation for us all :))
not in any particular order.......

1. want to feel happy and confident in my own body, I don't want to feel like i have to breath in and hold my tummy in every time i walk into a room.

2. I don't want to dread having photos taken anymore/

3. I want to be healthy

4. I want my boyfriend to look at me and think phwoar!

5. I want to feel/look good in my underwear/naked, instead of thinking about my wobbly bits and how horrible they look.

6. I want to do any exercise class without wobbling everywhere.

7. I don't want to be the fat friend/sister/daughter.

Sorry for the long post, thought it might help me realise why i'm doing this.

HPxx

Ooh this is a good wee idea Miss HP:
Mine are:

1. Since i've gained weight all my hol pics on Facebook are scenic or of friends & i used to love the camera, so i'm missing out on memories to look back on....

2. I miss sleeveless tops & dresses. I still wear them but only with a shrug or similar cover-up.

3. I have the most gorgeous pair of knee length Belstaff leather boots which i don't wear as they need skinny jeans to carry them off. So in 2012 i will be in skinny jeans!!

So it's all about looking good for me. I know i'm not hideously fat (currently 11stone 9) but i'm untoned & this plays havoc with clothes shoppin.

My motivation and reasons for doing this...

1. I don't want to be a fat bride next to all of my stunningly slim bridesmaids

2. I am getting married in Mexico with 35 friends and family and want to feel better about myself in a bikini instead of feeling self concious around everybody

3. I want to be healthy and adopt a way of life I can carry on instead of a quick fix and something I can carry on through pregnancy.

4. In agreement with the post above I want my boyfriend to look at me and think wow!

5. I want confidence and to walk into a room with my head held high instead of trying to hide behind people.

6. I want to buy clothes I want and like instead of trying to find ones to hide lumps and bumps!

Thank you for the welcome everybody :) I am a little nervous about my first weigh in - as after being on such a restricted calorie diet before its weird to be eating so much and being "allowed" to! Just worried il put on in my first few weeks while body gets used to it. Has anybody else experienced this in their first few weeks or did you all lose from the go?

I've been completely off plan for a week now - not going to go to WI tomorrow but am definately starting again tomorrow - nearly gave up again until after xmas but I'll only gain the 5 I've lost plus maybe 5 more - right into the kitchen to prepare!

Welcome Laura, i lost from the off, i think you will too x.
Debs- hope the prep is going well, prep is DEF the key to this.
Dubchick- happy birthday lady! xx I hope u got spoilt rotton.
Well girls-me & Ry were on TV tonight & Callie lol. BBC2 Pipe dreamers. & my butt looked sooo wide! But at least the house was tidy :-D

Come on ladies we can do this :) and we can help and support each other along the way as much as possible :gen126:

I've really struggled the last couple of weeks i must admit, but i just keep remembering how much better i feel (not to mention the huge smile on my face) when i lose even just a lb.

Deb's please dont give up! The run up to Christmas has to be the hardest with lovely food around us everywhere, but if you give up just think how bad you'll feel come January?!

Right 1st of december tomorrow, so those still doing well stick to it, and us ladies that are struggling just keep remembering the reasons why we're on here and why we want to shift this weight!! :grouphugg:

(i hope nobody thinks i'm being bossy, i'm not i'm as soft as anything, i just know that if you lot feel anything like me then you so desperately want to be slim and healthy but naughty food seems to have a hold over us, and we have to help each other to break it!)

How about a december challenge? Add your name and your goal for december.......no matter how big or small it is!

MissHP to loss 5lbs by Christmas
MissHP to stick to plan 100% even if that means having my full 15 syns each day

HPxx

4LB lost tonight!! That puts me in the next stone category, made me slimmer of the week AND means i'm only 2 lbs off my stone award!! Fingers crossed for 2 more pounds this week coming xxx

:553: Hooray for all us slimmers!!

Very happy girl tonight!!!

xxx

Back