Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Hi ladies,

Sorry i didn't post yesterday, I was too annoyed with myself! :17729: Well the day started good! I had porridge and walked 6km as fast as I could, but then last night i had a thin crust pizza (shop one not take away) followed by a mince pie :mad: Why do i do it to myself :cry: Not going to have got rid of last weeks gain now am I :cry:

Blimey its windy tonight, all i can hear is the rain and wind against the windows!

Hope everyone's ok. Laura glad London was good, sounds like you had a nice time

HPxx

My new jobs similar to my last one - packaging design and marketing. (a job mainly sat down all day - with the odd trip the printer!! Lol) I was brave at Covent Garden and took the 193 stairs to the street - regretted it after the first 25 steps but had no choice but to plough on through as I was caught in a mad stampede lol. Which show did u go to see Megs? Xx

Don't be hard on yourself MissHP - I think we're all doing very well to even TRY and stick to a diet at the worse time of the year. So just enjoy your mince pie and start a fresh tomorrow :)

laura35 said:
My new jobs similar to my last one - packaging design and marketing. (a job mainly sat down all day - with the odd trip the printer!! Lol) I was brave at Covent Garden and took the 193 stairs to the street - regretted it after the first 25 steps but had no choice but to plough on through as I was caught in a mad stampede lol. Which show did u go to see Megs? Xx
Jersey Boys at the Prince Edward theatre, i'm still singing :-D

laura35 said:
Don't be hard on yourself MissHP - I think we're all doing very well to even TRY and stick to a diet at the worse time of the year. So just enjoy your mince pie and start a fresh tomorrow :)

Good advice! :) I'm maxing my syns out to 14/15 any day i feel like it, because i know if i don't i won't resist temptation.
Christmas is a minefield.
Well Done on your 6km :-D

Thought you ladies might like to try this........
I made some lower fat mince pies this afternoon.

2 carrots grated on finest part of grater
half a jar of mince meat
filo pastry

Mix the grated carrot and mincemeat together. Cut the filo up into strips, Spray the filo with frylight (you're supposed to butter between the sheets so i improvised!), put a dollop of mincemeat carrot mix in the centre of the square, fold over to make a parcel shape (you can make what ever shape), brush with beaten egg, and stick in the oven on high, not sure how long they were in there, i just kept an eye on them. They are between 1 syn and 3 syns, depending on the size of the parcel/amount of mincemeat,

So they contain syns but way lower than normal mince pies and really nice :)

HP x

MissHP said:
Thought you ladies might like to try this........
I made some lower fat mince pies this afternoon.

2 carrots grated on finest part of grater
half a jar of mince meat
filo pastry

Mix the grated carrot and mincemeat together. Cut the filo up into strips, Spray the filo with frylight (you're supposed to butter between the sheets so i improvised!), put a dollop of mincemeat carrot mix in the centre of the square, fold over to make a parcel shape (you can make what ever shape), brush with beaten egg, and stick in the oven on high, not sure how long they were in there, i just kept an eye on them. They are between 1 syn and 3 syns, depending on the size of the parcel/amount of mincemeat,

So they contain syns but way lower than normal mince pies and really nice :)

HP x

Sounds lovely, will have to try these at the wkend. I'm so tired, i've just crawled into bed. Need the energy for my Christmas lunch tomoro :p
Nite all xx

Haha Dubchick u crack me up! :-D

Well had my Christmas lunch with my workmates, ate everything offered: starter, main meal, dessert, shortbread & even the sweets to finish lol. But u have to at sumthing like that don't you.
It mightn't be too bad though as i've had my a's & b's, no other syns & apart from breakfast & a quick tea break no other food apart from Christmas lunch. I will have sum fruit & yogurt soon tho.

I've got my christmas lunch tomorrow megs, 3 courses!! I'm just going to enjoy it and not beat myself up, its not like i have nice dinners out often. Just hope it doesn't lead to a whopper on a gain!

How's everyone doing? We seem to have a constant supply of naughty food in the office every day now, and i image it will just get worse the nearer to christmas we get!

HPxx

MissHP said:
I've got my christmas lunch tomorrow megs, 3 courses!! I'm just going to enjoy it and not beat myself up, its not like i have nice dinners out often. Just hope it doesn't lead to a whopper on a gain!

How's everyone doing? We seem to have a constant supply of naughty food in the office every day now, and i image it will just get worse the nearer to christmas we get!

HPxx

I'm hoping my lunch won't lead to a gain also. But i am proud that a nice lunch, dessert etc didnt put me off the rails & make me binge all evening! :)
I've just sorted my packed lunch for tomoro & decided what im having for breakfast, so it's Bedtime for me, nite all, Megs xx

Hey girlies...
Yesterday started off good... Porridge for brekkie.. piece of fruit for mid morning snack.. Home made soup and toastie for lunch.. And here's where it went wrong.. king luxuries to accompany my sandwich!!! And then Eddie Rockets for dinner :eek: :eek: Tho I did have they new Skinny Beach Burger and not one of the massive classic burgers.. And I only ate not even half my chips.. That wasn't coz I was calorie conscious tho.. it was coz I cudn fit another morsel into my fat gob!!
Oh well.. its done now.. And I am gona hav 100% day to day :D

I love Gourmet burger, their burgers r delish & the milkshakes mmm...

Another 100% day for me :) Altho i've just had 3 celebrations as syns, mmm love them. & we got a whole tin of Cadburys heroes given to us 2day, slurp :p

4lb back on for me! I know why though - I have had a brilliant 3 day weekend for my birthday, and then found it hard to get back on plan the last couple of days. at least i lost some last week!

Back to plan today, hopefully get a 100% week in before Christmas!

Hope everyone does better than me!!

I'm going to weigh tomorrow as I've been up all night with my youngest who had an ear ache and plus it's * week so hopefully the bloat might have gone down a bit too !!!!:)

CarolineJ said:
4lb back on for me! I know why though - I have had a brilliant 3 day weekend for my birthday, and then found it hard to get back on plan the last couple of days. at least i lost some last week!

Back to plan today, hopefully get a 100% week in before Christmas!

Hope everyone does better than me!!

As long as you enjoyed it,don't worry and just be extra good this week :)

I've lost 1.5lbs this week, making it -19.5lbs in the first 9 weeks. Very happy! Hoping to loose another 1.5lbs this week coming, to make it my big goal of Club 10, 1.5 stone and into overweight on the BMI chart!! It's my aim (& entered on the SW christmas tree of wishes) to do this before Christmas so here's hoping!!!

Danger zones for this week are: tomorrow - work's Christmas party. I've seen the menu and it's completely high in syns and not veggie friendly, but it's a buffet so it won't be weird if i don't take part in the eating part, plus I plan to eat a salad before hand with babybels, and try my best to avoid the chocolate brownies!

Also on Sunday, my friends are going for a Christmas meal and have invited me, the menu there seems ok ish, being good I should be able to stick to my 15 syns that day...

However on Tuesday - my partner is away at Christmas (i'm spending it alone) so on Tuesday we are having our official Christmas Day then.. gotta have a think about this to make it as SW friendly as possible.
Maybe melon & cinnamon for starter, SW friendly main meal with quorn family roast, syns for stuffing, gravy and a yorkshire pud, lots of veggies, desert hopefully making the Xmas pud ice cream 6.5 syns from the SW recipe.

I think the plan is to do what i've been doing the last week or so and do my syns on a weekly basis (I have a tick chart) rather than daily, some days i end up going over but the next day I can reel it in.

Hope everyone's having a good week x

Well done photogirl. I use my syns weekly - as most days I can get away with just 3-4 syns and then save syns for the weekends usually - I have a tick chart too! Lol.

Bad news for me 2lbs on this week - but I know exactly why. I had Friday and the weekend off plan - went to London for a weekend. And didn't wana ruin my time there by thinking and planning my food so I well and truly enjoyed it - so thought it would be a lot worse considering! Plus started a new job on Monday so was a but of nervous picking going on. Anyway, hoping for a good week this week!

Good luck to those yet to weigh! X

Back