Anyone else weigh at home on a thursday- wanna post?

Tracy831 said:
Hi megs :)
I'm actually finding it fits in better with family life.
I can cook just one meal instead of doing myself something different, and just point my portion. Also it helps with portion control too, so i am eating less.
I have just been over to dubs recipe thread and stole some new ideas !!!!!!
hows things with you ? Xx

Thats great, i'd never stick to having to make loads of different meals, so that sounds alot more convenient for you with the kids & all.
Things are good with me, been at target for a while now it seems, am actually abit under at 9 stone 10, have reduced my cardio to 1 session per wk & using Pilates to maintain & make sure i don't drop any further.
I've chucked all my bigger clothes & am slowly constructing a new wardrobe, have got some nice wee items online in the sales. I might have to buy another actual wardrobe if this continues as i keep seeing loads of nice stuff!! Lol xx

ChunkyMama said:
Hi all!

I haven't weighed in this week as I have had a hectic week and been poorly too. I thought being busy in meetings and training was going to be my downfall this week - picking, lunches out, biscuits everywhere etc but I found being poorly harder - trying to find something comforting to eat without pigging out which I always end up doing, either while ill or in the days after, any excuse eh?

I would really like to get some more exercise now I'm back on my feet but not really sure what will work, ideally it would need to be something I can do at home as school holidays are coming up and I don't want to commit to something in the days/term time that I would have to stop in 2 weeks when the kids break up from school. Any ideas or suggestions? Also has anyone used and exercise DVD / wii game they found effective that you could suggest?

Hope you all have a great weekend :) :)

Glad you're on the mend :)
I started Pilates & go to a class, but when i'm unable to get, i use the Aero Pilates dvd at home. You don't need an actual machine, just a floor mat & a magic circle (mine was £25). The workout is good for beginners, its not a sweaty cardio workout, more a slow muscle burn. It lasts about 25 minutes & i find it's really great.
Or i know a friends use the WII Olympic games game & think its a fun way to keep active.
I have another friend doing the 30 day shred, its very effective, but also intense, so it depends what will suit you.
Good Luck with it :)

Dubchick81 said:
Tracy I got new 1 yesterday I must add. It's amazeballs. N family friendly too. They'll luv it. Bolognese pasta bake?! Mostly 0pp ingredients on simply filling :)

Amazeballs! Love it! Haha Xx This is my new phrase :p

U are looking really well megs, and its a good thing to chuck ur bigger stuff away so that you have to go shopping, any excuse eh !!!

Thanks dubs will be checking out that new recipe and will definatly be making some of the ones i have already stolen !!!! :)

Tracy831 said:
U are looking really well megs, and its a good thing to chuck ur bigger stuff away so that you have to go shopping, any excuse eh !!!

Thanks dubs will be checking out that new recipe and will definatly be making some of the ones i have already stolen !!!! :)

Ah thanks Tracy xx.
You are definately right, any excuse to shop. This weekend's purchases: Yoga pants, 2 Yoga tops, Trainers, 2 Real Techniques make-up brushes (blusher & expert face brush), & a jumper.
The Yoga gym gear is really luxurious (from Manuka online) check them out there's 50% off at the moment, making it really affordable :)
Also signed up for a weekly Graze box (to use as syns). Bring on the nibbles :p
I'm off to order some flowers for my friend (who lost her wee boy) & then that's the end of my credit card abuse (for now) :)
Chat soon, Megs xx

Bought new syns this evening :*

image-2871635640.jpg

Nom nom xx

Bolognese Pasta Bake

cook bolognese:
extra lean mince
chopped tomatoes
tom puree
oxo cube
spoon of marmite
chopped onions
mushrooms
celery
carrots
garlic
Italian Herbs
chop carrots, onions, celery and mushrooms and fry gently in a pan with a tsp of oil, and add the garlic, then add mince and cook until brown, crumble in oxo and add the marmite. Then add chopped tomatos and tom puree. Simmer for 20-25 mins.
Cook pasta (wholeweat) for 10 mins, until al dente and then get an oven proof dish mix the pasta in with the bolognese and top with cheese (im going to use tesco half fat cheese - 2pp for 30g) and then bake in the oven for 10-15mins.
She usually does layer pasta/bolognese then bechamel sauce or mozerella and so on until built up! this makes it extra yummy but obviously adds points! you could make a low point bechamel sauce!!! use skimmed milk (free), loww pp butter/spread like flora pro active (1pp for 1tsp), flour and then low fat cheese.

Thanks for the recipe dubs, but is skimmed milk really free ???
Im not going to meetings so im mainly getting my info of the internet and i thought it had points !! :)

Thanks for the recipe dubs, but is skimmed milk really free ???
Im not going to meetings so im mainly getting my info of the internet and i thought it had points !! :)

Its free on simply filling and propointed on the normal plan... I gave away my books yesterday so i can't even check.. But basically take the cals per 100ml and divide it by 40 to get the pp allowance for that amount :) x
Also feel free to ask me any PP's u need as I have the calculator... but I have a list of most day to day things that I made added as I went along.. :) x

Tracy831 said:
Wow that is some bar of chocolate !!!!! :)

Haha, it is epic, i HAD to have it. Don't worry i am on strict rashions! :p
Made SW Spag Bol tonight from the 50 free green recipes book, it was v tasty

Tracy831 said:
Ahhhh.... They are lovely x

Thanks xx I know they are bright but i didn't like any of the sympathy arrangements, they were so drab. She will get them tomorrow.
I was super organised this evening & as a result have had loads of time to just chill out, which has been amazing.
Off to bed now, busy day ahead tomorrow, night night sleep well guys xxx

Dubchick81 said:
Morning... :)
Beautiful flowers Meg.. Just perfect... She needs something bright at a time like this.. How awful to lose a son :(

Thanks. She got them today & loved them. Yes horrific for her, she had just 1 month to go, makes you grateful for each & everything thing you have xx.

No more work for me now until Monday :D
Looking forward to a nice long weekend with the boy & the puppy x

Back